Behind Your Usernames

Go down

Behind Your Usernames

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm curious about many of the usernames I see on a day-to-day basis. Some are obvious references, but some aren't.

I was curious. Why'd you pick your username?

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Re: Behind Your Usernames

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:23 pm

My username, Destiny's Gate, is actually the name of a weapon I created for an original story, which I later used as the name of a Keyblade in a fanfiction. How I came up with it is beyond me. I guess I just thought the two words together sounded cool.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:26 pm

I started something it looks like lol.

Anyway, I posted my reasoning on another thread but I doubt anyone will probably read it, so I've basically got my username because I'm such a big Sailor Moon fangirl and Sailor Jupiter has always been one of my favorites. I created the name JupiterLightning on Neopets several years ago when I was ten or eleven. I was known there has jupiter_lightning_44.

Then, I started getting attached to just plain JupiterLightning, but then I changed it to Jupiter-Lightning when I joined fanfiction.net and deviantart.

Then, I got into using the letter 'x' for everything, but not because of the Organization XD. My gaiaonline username turned to XXJu_ChanXX which started the whole Ju-Chan thing as well, and I think Destiny started calling me that or something which is how I got Ju-chan actually.

I also have different variations of Ju-chan: ju_x_chan (My MSN account that I rarely use now) and JuChan40 (my youtube account)

The whole Jupiter thing has just stuck with me for so long. The funny thing is, my main e-mail account has nothing to do with JupiterLightning. XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 pm

I have several usernames, each going from my phases to what I like, which is really obvious. The first username I ever can remember is Tengehyuuga. Which, that was when I was like elevenish and going through my naruto stage. Mel and I were really close then, so our usernames were Tengehyuuga and Tenjho uzumaki. Tenjho Tenge is actually supposed to be one name, so we divided it and became twins seperated at birth...or something like that XD Then came Setsuaiburninglove, which is my deviantart account (Which I haven't used in ages). Setsuai was an OC of mine, her name meant something about love, so I just added those two words at the end. The next username is SetsuaiChan, which is my youtube. Same concept as the first one except shorter. Then came hatarusiloa. Hataru Siloa was another OC of mine. Hataru refers to "Hotaru" meaning fireflies. She was like...a improved version of the superhero I made when I was really little, which was Moonlight. Then came goldeyedalchemist, which was when I was really obssessed with Edward Elric. Then, came Gold Chocobo. I used "Gold" so that everyone would know it was me, and then I chose Chocobo, because whenever I roleplay in a Crisis Core/Final Fantasy Rp, I'm always Cloud, whom in a Clack roleplay was nicknamed Chocobo.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Laughing I always thought it was because the Gold Chocobo is the best kind of Chocobo. Very Happy Just kidding. I figured it was referring to Cloud.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Im simply Demyx in my Orgy of friends. Whats sad is Im also considered the Marly....I cant help it if you dont know how to protect your goods properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Saix is sexy. ^_^ Hahaa.

But my other usernames on other sites are AnimalCops and cowloverwhee, which I have no reason for what they are..

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:57 pm

^ cowloverwhee how awesome! XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:59 pm

My xbox gamertag. Lol.

People go, "Hey, whee..." when they want my attention. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Laughing That's funny.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:05 pm

In junior high, my friends and I came with nicknames when we were passing notes so if we got caught and the teacher wouldn't know who wrote what. My friend came up with Fluffy Puff Marshmallow. I think I was like PurpleFreak or something like that.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 pm

XD That's like what my friend did for some of our friends.

Pat - Smiling Potatolashes
Raul - Taco head
Aiden- Irish Cashew
Christina - Sea-waffle

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Insectie is the name of my favorite Lego figure. He's at school on my desk right now but I'll put a picture of him up sometime.

He was named Insectie because the figure originally was from an old Lego Insectoids set, but now only about 1/2 his parts are.

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:33 am

Ummm.....I know exactly why! Destiny will remember the conversation!

A summary:
Des: "Okay it needs like 25 characters."
Me: "Oh mine should be like something Organization-like because all my friends will be on there. Like..'the fangirl that never was.'"
Des: "Remember that 'that never was' only leaves you with a certain amount of spaces.."

Me: *after 10 minutes in class* I'VE GOT IT!!!! *starts giggling maniacally* "The Indeed That Never Was!!! Because I like Xemnas and his element is nothing and he says Indeed and it's awesome!"

Des: *practically jumps at the exclamation, then laughs* "Okay..."

~~~~~
My other usernames on other sites are kind of humorous. On fanfic I go by "Inuobsessed004" I wanted InuyashaObsessed but it was taken and so I went with dogs...cuz "I LOOOVVEEE DOOGSSS" *Roy Mustang voice*

And practically everything else is 'firepokemonluva' which I created when Pokemon Emerald came out and I used that as the username when they had that free online site to chat about the game if you preordered it and I love Charizard and Arcanine and fire starters in general.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Yakitori Samurai - well there is a story that goes with this.

One of my favorite food dishes is Yakitori.Witch is chicken parts on a stick like
kabobs.But its all chicken form skin to meat to other interesting parts of the bird.Its really good even thou you eat some the odds parts sometimes.They taste wonderful and I recommend them.

The story is that one year for Halloween I dressed up as a samurai with a chicken mask and as a giant Yakitori stick.And so my friends now call me Yakitori Samurai or Chicken Samurai. So now when I have them yummy sticks of chicken goodness.I act like a samurai stabbing my friends with the sticks.And we tend to battle each other with the sticks.

well that behind my name glomp!

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:37 am

Should I be touching on this topic? I mean... its been untouched for about 4 months... ^///^

Anyways... mine's from a nickname from my a friend... See, my personality can sometimes be warped into being a tad more murderous/darker from my original; shy-ish, polite and "act-funny" persona... when I'm irked to no end...

And because at that time, we used Japanese from time to time (All thanks to the power of anime XD), she cooked up a nickname that describes my slightly "bipolar" personality... black and white... Hence "Kuroshi"

Eh well... the "kei" word just occured... randomly...I guess...? It's more like there are also account holders in other sites that used "Kuroshi" often...

:DD Heart
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:55 pm

That's nifty. Smile

Yeah, you can post anywhere you want so long as it's not locked or in storage.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:31 am

Though this isn't my username here, sailorstar165 my username everywhere else. I used it originally for Neopets when I first joined because I was a Sailor Moon fanatic. This was before there was any news in the states of the Star scouts, so I made up my own Sailor Scout for the occasion. Sadly, others came up with it too. So the numbers came from a random suggestion from Neopets one what usernames were open.

And because I was lazy, sailorstar165 ended up as my username on most other sites as well.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:41 am

Well The Lone Kid was something I thought up while playing the most recent game I downloaded bastion. I loved the idea of the silent protagonist with the narrator that commented on almost everything you did as you played. Also the game starts in a world ravaged by this "calamity", so to me theres tons of wiggle room to imagine the world it could have been thus why I'm using the username The Lone Kid.

Now my first online names on neopets was "r3456" (still on neopets haha) Thing is I made tons of accounts with random numbers. the "r" was for my first name rich and the letters were just random haha. Another random username was "Wertypap". No real reason just stared at the keyboard and my little mind saw "Werty" and then pap just came naturally XD.

I also used to play an online game Runescape a ton since 7th grade and that username rj9090 again had to deal with my name and some random numbers that were near each other.

Quote : I want to be the very best! (You know the rest!)

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 am

Cool~

I had a new nickname of my own in fanfiction, owning 2 accounts on that site~ :DD And I'm not telling~

kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionetta on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:05 pm

I derived the name "Marionetta" from a novel called Nightmare Abbey. I liked it so much, I named my character after her.

Sexy.
Marionetta
Marionetta
Roleplayer

Quote : Omnia mutantr, nihil interit

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:47 pm

^ nifty. Very Happy Nightmare Abbey any good?

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:09 pm

Um....I'm trying to remember, the 29th was a LOOOOOONG time ago XD My memory isn't as good as it could be....
"Noel" is French for "Christmas." And "Noelle" is a French name. I have another OC by the name of "Noelle," who wen tmissing and is found in December...that's beside the point though. And when is Christmas? December. Also becuase I love a song called "My {Dsmbr"( I AM NOT KIDDING THAT IS THE ACTUAL NAME OF THE SONG!) But what it says is "My December," if there's issues with the text-talk-speak-thing.
Anyway...I think that may be why I chose it. I'm not too sure...

Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Quote : LOOK A SUPER MODEL! LOOK A HOVER BOARD! LOOK THE APOCALYPSE!

http://kawaii-cupcake-queen.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenaron1703 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:57 pm

I have said it on my presentation, this is the username that I use sience I remember... But I think it was the name of a imaginary city, or something like, from a video game that I and my brother used to play... I remember that and I still remember some things :') Some of the games that we used to play where pretty silly, but we where very exited when we played them.
Actualy the username of my brother in some on-line games/sites/forums/all the other craps and things that need a username; are from the player name that he have chosen in the game (I don't remember the name of the game); the username of my brother/the name of his old player it's "Ares1604"
Also, I remember that the numbers of my username are my birthday whit the day and month; "1703" is the 17 of march Very Happy

Quote : "If you can't exaplin it to a six year old, then you don't understand it yourself" Albert Einstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 pm

bump Poking

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down