14% 14% 
[ 1 ]
43% 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

Lunar King

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Drip… Drip…

Nothing but darkness and the sound of water. I didn’t know how long I’d been there, nor how long I sat there. Before the water there had been nothing, no sound, no darkness. Then without warning there had been feeling again.

I sat, unable to open my eyes but unable to sleep. Able to feel the chains, the cold, the damp, but unable to move. Able to hear but unable to respond.

Then footsteps. The clicking of armor? No, just a sword in its sheath. It was far to quiet for the clang of armor.

“I don’t know what they expect us to find down here.” A male voice. “It’s like a tomb.”

“That’s why we’re looking.” A woman’s voice. Young.

Then the footsteps stopped, and I heard the sword slide free of its sheath. Then a sigh of relief. “Oh. It’s just a doll.”

Soft footsteps. The faint scent of flowers and soap. “I don’t think he’s a doll, Brother.”

A laugh. “You’re kidding, right? This place has been sealed at least four hundred years, since the church was built.”

“But why chain up a doll?”

The man muttered, “A prank? Or maybe to ward of demons?”

Rough hands touched my cheek, then drew away just as quickly. The hands touched my chest over my heart.

“He’s alive!” the girl cried.

“Impossible!”

The shifting of fabric. She’d turned to face the other. “He has a heart beat. And he’s breathing.”

“You must be mistaken.”

“But how? How could he be down here so long?”

“Thanks for ignoring me.” Heavy footfalls. “Lemme see if I can cut these.”

The woosh of a sword, then a crash of a body against a wall and the clang of a sword on the floor.

“Brother!”

“I’m okay.” The man groaned. “What the hell was that?”

“Magic?”

“No such thing.”

There was a short silence, then, “I think this thing around his neck is the lock.”

“No way. Just because it has a keyhole? What about the shackles on his wrists and ankles?”

“But those don’t have keyholes.”

The man sighed. “Fine. I’ll—”

“Put the sword down. I don’t want you chopping off his head. Besides, you saw—”

“Then what’s your bright idea?”

Those small rough hands brushed against my neck as they gripped the ring nearly choking me. “Maybe I can pry it off.”

There was no need. The chains and shackles fell away, and at last I could open my eyes.

At first I looked without truly seeing, but after a few seconds, I could make out a face. The girl’s face. Pale green eyes framed by dark brown hair.

“He’s awake!” she said excitedly, turning to look at the young man behind her.

I didn’t trust myself to speak yet, not after having been asleep for so long. I reached up and touched her cheek. She turned back to me, and when she did I leaned in to kiss her, a simple brush of the lips as thanks.

What happened next astounded me. The man started shouting unintelligibly, brandishing his sword. The girl moved to pull away, but I took her wrist and held her close. I wasn’t sure what was happening, but she was certainly safer near me than him.

“How dare you!” the man spluttered.

I was surprised by how clear my voice was after such a long time of disuse. “I thanked her. That’s what people usually do.”

“Get away from my sister or I’ll cut your throat out!”

Well, that was no good. I raised my hand. “Fire,” I said simply.

The man stared at me a moment, then let out a yelp of pain and dropped his blade. The metal was beginning to glow red hot.

“Brother!” The girl pulled away, and I let her go. She rushed to his side. “What happened?”

“My sword.” He cursed.

She turned to me. “How—”

“Magic,” I replied.

Finally I got a good look at my dungeon. The walls were cracked, part of the ceiling had caved in. I turned and saw why my senses had returned to me. My bonds, the thin gold chains, had been pulled from the wall.

I turned back to them. The brother seemed to have recovered somewhat. “What caused this?”

“The earth shook,” the girl replied. “A lot of buildings collapsed.”

“An earthquake?” I frowned thoughtfully. “But this place has little tectonic activity.” That was why it had been chosen as my prison.

“Tectonic?”

“There are plates under the earth’s crust and—” I stopped and took a better look at who I spoke to. The girl was nothing more than a farmer’s daughter, and the man in leather armor. Tribesmen. Hardly the scholars of the capital or my hometown. “Never mind. This place just shouldn’t have earthquakes. No one was hurt?”

The girl shook her head. “A few sheep and maybe a cow, but no humans.”

I nodded. “We should probably leave, then. Underground isn’t the safest place if there’s another quake.” But when I tried to walk, my legs gave way.

“Careful!” The girl caught me shoulders. “How long have you been down here?”

“I’m not sure,” I answered truthfully, still heading for the broken stairs.

The siblings looked at each other. “Who put you down here?”

I winced and shrugged.

“Has anyone come down here?” her brother asked.

“Not that I know of.”

“Then you must be starved!” the girl exclaimed. She hastened her steps to stand beside me once more. “Oh! My name is Sofia, by the way. This is my brother, Aden.”

That explained why they looked so much alike. “I’m Pwyll.”

“Pwyll?” the girl repeated. “That’s an odd name.”

“It’s normal where I’m from.” That was a complete lie. Even where I was from my name was odd.

Light filtered in from the end of the partially collapsed tunnel. I could at last smell the fresh air, feel the breeze on my face. Too long, I knew.

Out in the daylight, it was drizzling. Rain on top of an earthquake… I didn’t envy these people. There were collapsed homes, and those still standing looked about to fall. People were rushing about, trying to save the shoddy houses that remained.

Upon seeing us, quite a few dropped their tools and rushed over. Upon seeing me, they drew their weapons. I sighed. Too many to use my earlier fire trick for protection, and I was lousy at barriers. I’d have to talk my way out of this.

“Who’re you?” the burliest of the men demanded. He had to be the chieftain.

“My name is Pwyll.”

“What were you doing down there?”

I winced and hoped no one noticed. “I can’t say.”

“Where are you from?”

“Far away.”

Bow strings drew back. “Answer me. Now.”

I seriously thought about dropping this man, but thought better of it. “Avalon.”

“The truth!” He truly looked frightened.

“That is the truth. I’m an elf.”

An arrow whizzed past my ear. “Then you’re as crazy as the hag!” someone shouted.

“Or a monster.”

“I’m hardly mad or a monster,” I replied coolly.

“You’re one or the other,” declared the chieftain. “We handle both with death.” He signaled for the archers to fire.

“Wait!” The girl stepped in front of me, a human shield.

“Blast it, Sofia. Out of the way!” Aden grabbed her arm.

She shrugged his hand away. “You can’t do this!”

“And why not? He’s either crazy or evil!”

“Because—” She looked at me, then back at her chieftain, “because he asked me to marry him.”

“What?” Needless to say, this shocked me. “When did I—?”

She elbowed me hard in the stomach. “And I accept his offer.”

“Don’t do this, Sofia,” the chieftain groaned. “You’re as batty as he is.”

“So?” She crossed her arms. “I know the law. As his future wife, he decides my fate, not you. And he’s a part of our tribe.”

“Sofia, you can’t. He’s—”

“My future husband,” she finished for him. “And as such, you need proof that he’s mad or an elf. You have neither.”

“But he said so himself!”

She stood her ground. “Someone locked him down there during the earthquake. He might have hit his head and is confused. It doesn’t make him crazy.”

The chieftain bit his lip. “You can’t be serious. Your mother—”

Pain flashed across the girl’s face. “Leave Mother out of this. It’s my decision.” She grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind her. Aden followed, hanging his head.

Last edited by Destiny's Gate on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Re: Lunar King

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm giving you guys a sneak peek at chapter one of my novel. Tell me what you think. Very Happy

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Wow. That's awesome!

Great job!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Wow. That didn't take any time to read. O.o

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Oooooh sounds interesting.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:50 pm

>.> Wicked fast reader. Sorry. XD

I really like it, though. Kinda wanna read more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Ha ha ha ha. XD I have to finish writing it. I only have about three chapteres written on notebook paper. And I'm planning to get this one published, so I don't want to reveal too much to the public. Nod

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:56 pm

*makes note to buy a copy*

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey guys! I need some help...

I have to name a character and I don't know what to name him. XD He's literally a dead elf king that was Pwyll's friend and practically his brother.

Any suggestions?

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 pm

I'll pull out my random list of names. Would you like it elfish sounding?

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Ceil? Allan? Leif? Colin? Cran? Joey?

*is bad at names*

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Very elfish, please!

And I found one I'm not sure about. "Cashel" which means Fortress

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Bran, Cyric, Weylin,

I like Cashel. :3

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 pm

I kinda like Cashel, too, and it doesn't matter much. XD His name won't be said a lot. He just needs a name 'cause Pwyll's kinda blamed for his death.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu May 12, 2011 6:41 am

Yet again I need some assistance. Razz

I need a name for a gemstone that's been passed down for generations of the elfish royal family. It's a crystal that shines every color in the world, even ones people haven't seen before, and is used to find the heir to the throne.

Any ideas on a good name?

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Thu May 12, 2011 6:51 am

Meldamiriel is elvish for "precious jewel"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 am

You realize Tolkein Elvish is copyrighted? Laughing

Though I like the thought of it not being English... Hmmmm... *starts thinking of random letters to throw together*

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu May 12, 2011 6:53 am

*snort* I could take a name of something else out of a myth. XD I already have Avalon from King Arthur. Perhaps I should name the stone Excaliber and be snarky about it. Giggle

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Thu May 12, 2011 6:55 am

Haha, that's true. I make up a long name for the book I'm working on's land

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu May 12, 2011 8:57 pm

For those few who might actually be interested in the status of this project of mine, I'm just starting to write chapter 9.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:21 pm

Once again for those who care, I'm getting started on chapter 13. I'll be done soon, I think.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 am

Oooh~

Good luck finishing the story~ The first chapter of the story is interesting~
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:49 am

Hee hee. ^_^ I'm gonna try to get this one published.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Guess what guys? I actually finished this one. Very Happy It's done! Just need to finish typing it up and get people to read through it for me. XD

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Yay!!!

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down