Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beauty and the Beast

2 posters

Go down

Beauty and the Beast Empty Beauty and the Beast

Post by JupiterLightning Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:22 am

So, I told Destiny that I was writing a Rena x Eliot oneshot thing. However, I decided that it was probably going to be a bit long, so I'm splitting it up into parts. This is part one. Enjoy!

Beauty and the Beast Part One

“No, no. That’s not right,” the young woman sighed, banging her left fist on her keyboard. She had forgotten how loud the volume had been and she happened to be wearing a pair of headphones. The loud sound pierced through her ears, causing her to jump slightly.

She let out another frustrated sigh as she slid the headphones off of her ears and stood from her chair. “An apartment is no place for a pianist,” she muttered to herself before turning toward the window.

There was still a little bit of daylight left, and she could still see the snow falling from the sky, noting to herself that the snow was beginning to get heavier. It hardly snowed much in her hometown, so she rather enjoyed it. It was one of her favorite things about New York. As she was musing to herself, she did not realize someone had entered her apartment. She gasped as a strong pair of arms snaked their way around her waist. The figure chuckled, resting their head on her shoulder.

“You need to learn how to lock your door, Rena,” the male voice said softly in her ear in a teasing tone.

Rena rolled her eyes, swiftly turning around to face the man. “I did lock it. Stop trying to act like a creeper. I distinctly remember giving you an extra key last month, Eliot,” she scolded.

Eliot laughed and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly before pulling Rena closer towards him into an embrace. “I didn’t mean to scare you,” he apologized, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

“I suppose I can forgive you this time,” Rena stated. She stood up on her tip-toes and gave Eliot a small peck on the cheek. Once she stood back down, she gazed at him and frowned slightly.

“You look exhausted. You should have just waited to come up here tomorrow…”

Eliot sighed. “I know, I know. I couldn’t wait to come see you, though. This stupid full moon just had to show up the week I get to come visit you. It sucks that you live in an apartment building. Otherwise, I could have just come yesterday.”

“Living in an apartment is cheaper than a dorm. If you wouldn’t howl like you do, then I’d let you stay here on full moons, Puppy,” Rena teased.

“Sorry. I get excited when I’m in new places sometimes,” He paused and gazed over at Rena’s keyboard. “Ah, new music for the critically acclaimed Juilliard student, I see,” he added with a proud grin on his face.

Rena sighed in aggravation. “Yes, it’s driving me crazy, though! The theater department is doing a production of Beauty and the Beast in the spring, and I was asked to play the piano bits. I’m pretty excited, but… Some of these bars are about to be the end of me, I think. Also, I really miss my piano at home as well.”

Eliot smiled softly, hugging the girl. “You’ll figure it out. You always do, Princess,” he whispered into her ear.

Rena smiled at his words of encouragement before pulling away to meet his gaze. “So, what would you like to do while the night is still young?” she asked.

Eliot smirked mischievously. The wolf inside of him knew exactly what it wanted to do, and Eliot still had the tendency to listen to its advice every now and then. He knew that Rena knew this as well, because a visible frown was beginning to appear on the young woman’s face. He couldn’t help but laugh.

“Come on! I was just going to say we could sit and make-out!” he exclaimed.

“Haha. Sure, Puppy,” Rena retorted, folding her arms. “Let’s just put a movie in, and maybe we can make-out a little bit…”

Eliot smiled happily before bowing. “Anything for you, Princess,” he stated.

Rena laughed. “Don’t bow. It looks so stupid. Anyway, what would you like to watch?” she asked.

Eliot made his way over to her movie shelf. The collection wasn’t as big as the one that she had back at her father’s place, he noted. He smiled to himself, remembering how upset she was about only being able to take a small collection of movies. He slowly ran his right hand down the rows of movies before finally stopping at one. He pulled it off of the shelf, blowing the small amount of dust off, before holding it up for Rena to see.

Beauty and the Beast? Somehow I had a gut feeling you’d pick that. It’s fine with me,” Rena said, making her way over to the couch.

After Eliot got the movie going, he plopped down onto the couch next to Rena. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close so that her head was resting on his chest.

“Maybe seeing this again will inspire you again,” Eliot said softly, running a hand through Rena’s blonde locks. “Say, why don’t you wear your hair up in pigtails anymore?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I was just wearing it completely down now. I’m actually thinking about getting it cut shoulder length,” Rena said.

“Really? But it looks fine the way it is,” Eliot stated.

“Yeah, but… I just want to try something different, you know?”

“I bet you’ll look nice either way,” Eliot remarked honestly. “Man, it’s been ages since I’ve seen this. I used to hate it as a kid.”

Rena shifted around to look up at him. “Really? How come?”

“Well, I can kind of relate to the Beast and I was super jealous of him at the end.”

Rena sat up, kissing Eliot softly on the lips. “Aww, Puppy…” she cooed.

Eliot snorted. “I’m not jealous anymore. I’ve learned to appreciate this movie.”

After a while, the couple sat in silence and continued watching the movie. Rena hadn’t realized how tired she really was until about halfway through the movie. She began drifting off and it wasn’t long before she had slipped into dreamland.

Last edited by JupiterLightning on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Beauty and the Beast Empty Re: Beauty and the Beast

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Part Two

Rena heard a large crashing sound and shot upright, wide awake. The room she was in was somewhat dark, but she could tell that she was in her own bed now. I must have fallen asleep on the couch again, she thought to herself as she finally slipped out of bed, remembering the sound that had awoken her to begin with.

She figured it was probably Eliot attempting to make breakfast again. Rena giggled at the memory coming to her mind as she headed toward the light switch. She reached up, but nothing was there.

I must be directionally challenged this morning, Rena thought. Before she could do anything, her bedroom door burst open, startling the girl.

“Oh! I’m sorry! Were you getting dressed?”

Rena blinked at the man who had come into the room. She had expected it to be Eliot, but instead…

“D-D-Daddy?” Rena stammered out in surprise. “Wh-what are you doing here?”

Rena’s father looked at her, confused. “I live here, of course… Anyway, I came into make sure I didn’t wake you. But it looks like I did. My, erm, project malfunctioned a bit.”

“You don’t live here. This is my apartment. Did Eliot put you up to this or something? Is this some kind of joke?” This was getting freaky. “And since when does lawyer paperwork malfunction?”

“Rena, dear, are you all right? Did you stay up late reading those fairy tale books of yours again?” Rena’s father asked.

“No. I just… This isn’t funny. Seriously. Did Eliot have anything to do with this?”

“Who on Earth is this Eliot you’re talking about? The only Eliot I know of is the prince, and goodness knows you’ve never met the boy. You’re quite delusional this morning, Rena. You should really go back to bed and get some rest. I think you should take a break from reading as well, dear. Now, let me help you get back to bed…” Rena’s father walked toward her, but she backed away, shaking her head.

“I just… I need some fresh air, Daddy. Can I go out?” she asked him with pleading eyes. She hated to do it, but she figured it’d make him give in and let her go.

“Okay. Wash up and get dressed. Just be back by noon,” Rena’s father stated.

“Thank you, Daddy,” Rena said, watching as he left the room.

She quickly headed toward her closet. Opening it, she about let out a scream, but stifled it by covering her mouth with her hand. There were dresses – nothing but dresses in her closet. She shuffled through the closet frantically, hoping to find at least a T-shirt and a pair of jeans in the very back or something, but there wasn’t such a thing.

By now, Rena figured that this was some sort of dream she was having. She was still asleep, so she pinched her arm, hoping it would wake her up. However, nothing happened.

“You’re going to have to play along until the dream reaches its end,” came a voice.

Rena spun around to see her brother Keegan standing in front of the doorway. Rena was about to speak, but the fae prince shushed her.

“I can’t have the Dream Fae knowing I’m here. They’re busy preparing some other details and aren’t paying attention to you right now. I have to make this quick, so be quiet and listen carefully. My father and I recently discovered some Dream Fae following you. They’ve taken up residence in your apartment complex it seems. They liked to mess with peoples’ dreams while they’re sleeping. They are also drawn to people with very active imaginations, making you an easy target. Also, you’re the fae princess, so they’re obviously going to want to make your dream much more entertaining…”

Rena listened quietly. She remembered Keegan telling her about these things before, during her time in the fae kingdom.

“I know what they are, but… How did you get in here?” she asked.

Keegan smirked. “It’s easy if you know the right people. I have a close friend who is a Dream Fae. He doesn’t like messing with dreams for giggles. He’d much rather use his talents to send people important messages, which is how I got in here. As much as I’d like to, I can’t go disturb and beat the crap out of the Dream Fae doing this to you. The dream has to end first, or you might not wake up…”

Rena rolled her eyes. Of course this couldn’t be something simple. “So… I just have to go through this dream?” she asked.

“Yes. Just be prepared for anything, Rena. I think you’ll be fine as long as you figure out the overall plot of this. You’re smart. Don’t let on that you know how this is going, though. They’ll end up changing the dream around, making it more difficult to get through,” Keegan explained.

Rena sighed and nodded. “I’ll do the best I can.”

Keegan nodded back. “I need to go now. Good luck and don’t forget to tell me all about it when you wake up.” Before Rena could say anything else, Keegan had vanished right in front of her eyes.

“Overall plot…” Rena muttered, finally picking out a dress.

As she was changing, she noticed that her wings were missing entirely. So, she apparently wasn’t a faerie in this dream. She was perfectly human – not that it bothered her or anything.

The only Eliot I know of is the prince, and goodness knows you’ve never met the boy…

Rena’s eyes widened. Dammit. Maybe being human would be a problem if Eliot was in this dream. Of course the Dream Fae would make her out to be a human and keep him a werewolf for pure entertainment.

Without a second thought, Rena bolted out the room and bolted out of the house without a word to her father who had called after her.

“What the….” Rena trailed off. Her surroundings almost looked like a scene out of Beauty and the Beast.

She knew deep down that her shocked expression would be a dead giveaway, but nothing had seemed to change. They were going to keep this area the same, but Rena knew that this wouldn’t be like the story. It would definitely have the same elements, though. Keegan was right, she had to be prepared for anything.

Slowly but surely, she made her way toward the village, expecting the worse.

I seriously hope there isn’t a Gaston character in this dream. Curse you Dream Fae…

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Part Three

Rena made it to the village, noting that everyone was awfully friendly toward one another. Well, except for her. She could hear them whispering about her, but she managed to bite her tongue and ignore them as she strolled along the main street. She just hoped that nobody would start breaking into song. So far so good.

Rena had been wandering around aimlessly after awhile until she finally came across a book shop. She went inside, thankful that she could get away from the outside for awhile. The shopkeeper inside the stored acknowledged her with a warm smile before tending to his usual tasks.

Rena walked toward the back of the shop and scanned through the rows of books, finally picking something out. She sat down in one of the comfy looking chairs and began to read.

XXX

Noon came too quickly, and Rena had no choice but to return back ‘home’ where her father was waiting for her. Surprisingly, she had no encounter with a Gaston-like character and his dimwitted sidekick on her way back to her father’s. Those pesky faeries were definitely going to keep her guessing.

When Rena returned, she saw her father sitting at a large, wooden desk. He looked like he was drawing or writing something, and he had that usual ‘deep in concentration’ expression on his face, so she decided not to bother him.

She walked back into her bedroom where she noticed a piece of parchment laying at the end of her bed. Curious, she walked over and picked it up. She noted that it looked like some sort of invitation. As she began to read it, her heart began to pound rapidly against her ribcage, and she quickly let the parchment fall down to the floor. It had been an invitation – an invitation to some sort of ball. Rena cursed as she bent down to pick the invitation. As she did so, her door came opened and her father poked his head in.

“What’s the matter, dear?” he questioned. “Oh, I see. They brought the announcement earlier, but you obviously weren’t here. I’m rather surprised the prince is inviting commoners to his birthday party this year, and on such a short notice. It’s rather peculiar that they’re having it tomorrow afternoon.”

Rena shook her head. “Well, waiting until the last minute really doesn’t surprise me at all,” she said. “But it being in the afternoon is strange…” She trailed off before letting out a gasp.

“Rena?”

“Do you happen to know if tomorrow is a full moon or not?” Rena inquired.

Rena’s father scratched his chin thoughtfully. “Well, I believe it may be. Why do you ask?”

Rena snorted. “Full moons bring the crazy people out. That’s probably why he’s having it in the afternoon. It was probably a smart move. Anyway, I guess I’ll go to this thing.” I have no choice. “The problem is, I’m not sure if I can find a dress or anything that I –“

“-Of course you have something,” Rena’s father interrupted. “Just a moment,” he walked out of Rena’s bedroom, coming back a few moments later, carrying a deep blue dress. It wasn’t anything too spectacular, but it was definitely something Rena could wear to this occasion.

Rena smiled and thanked him as he handed the dress over to her. “Should I even ask where you got this from?” she asked.

Rena’s father tilted his head to the side, apparently confused by her question. “You’ve worn it once before, for your birthday. I know it’s not much, but… it’s simple, and simple is just as good, if not better, than some of those tawdry things the higher class girls wear sometimes.” Rena couldn’t help but laugh at her father’s statement.

“You’re exactly right. Thank you, Daddy. But, um, now I need to figure out how I’m going to get to the castle…”

“Don’t worry,” Rena’s father said with a smile. “We’ll figure it out by tomorrow.”

XXX

The next day had come quickly. Rena had hoped that after falling asleep, she’d wake up and be back in her own apartment. Much to her disappointment, it didn’t happen. She clambered out of bed and began to wash up. Today was obviously going to be the big day after all, and Rena discovered that she was quite nervous. So far, everything in this dream really hadn’t been too bad. She still couldn’t shake off the feeling that something bad was going to happen here soon. Rena took in a deep breath. She wasn’t going to worry about it, or try her hardest not to. She told herself that she would try to enjoy this dream ball of hers –well, in a way, it was Eliot’s– while everything was still okay.

Morning went as fast as it had come. Rena was dressed and ready to go. Her father led her outside toward a wagon equipped with a horse. Rena gulped, afraid that she’d be the one steering, but her father hastily assured her that he’d be steering.

“Um, I have a question. Do we have to go through any forests or anything like that to get to the castle?” Rena asked.

“Of course, but there’ll be other wagons riding along with us. We won’t get lost if that’s what you’re worried about. It seems as though the prince decided to invite all of the commoners his age or close to it in the village, which is rather odd…”

Rena sighed and stepped onto the wagon, taking her father’s hand so that he could lift her up. Honestly, everything was odd about this dream. The faeries had to get her to Eliot somehow in their own, peculiar way.

XXX

Rena was simply stunned as they rounded a corner. There is was – the castle in all of its glory. There was nothing dark or gothic about it, like the actual Beast’s castle was in the movie. In fact, it seemed fairly normal. But Rena knew deep down that what was inside was going to be far from normal whether it involved inanimate objects or not.

Rena’s wagon, along with several others close by, inched toward a large gate, which slowly began to open for them. Once they were through, Rena’s wagon came to a halt and her father got out of the wagon to help her down.

“You look nervous. Don’t be. You’re not as out of place as some of the others. Look around you. At least you don’t look as much like a villager as the others do,” her father stated, pointing at several of the others Rena’s age.

Rena inhaled a breath and slowly let it out. She could do this. She had no choice. If she wanted to wake up from this crazy dream, she had to go through with whatever the fae threw at her. She looked at her father and smiled, before giving him a soft kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll be fine,” she assured him. “I’ll… I guess I’ll see you in a little while.”

“I’ll be waiting right here. Be sure to tell me all about it when you get back,” her father said with a smile of his own. “Try to have fun. Be polite. But more importantly, try to have some fun.”

I’ll try. Rena gathered up a bit of her dress and was led upstairs by a few of the palace guards. When she entered the castle, she let out a small gasp. This place… it was amazing.

“It’s amazing what the human mind can think up,” a girl said beside Rena.
Yeah, and a few faeries, Rena thought to herself as the group was led toward the ballroom.

When they reached the doors, Rena could already hear the music within. The doors creaked open and it was obvious the party had gotten started a little bit earlier without Rena’s group. That figured. Rena glanced over and noticed the girl who had spoken earlier seemed quite disappointed, but this disappointment quickly faded as she turned her attention toward something.

Rena followed the girl’s gaze, her heart beginning to beat rapidly once more. At the front of the ballroom was a single throne. And on that single throne, there he was.

He had an amused looked on his face and Rena quickly followed his gaze to see him staring at a bunch of giggly rich girls, batting their eyes almost flirtatiously. Rena bit down hard on her bottom lip. She had wanted to march over to his throne and slap him, but she quickly reminded herself that here, she could get into a lot of trouble.

“It’s a full moon tonight. It’s just the wolf... I hope,” Rena muttered to herself.

“What did you say?” the girl beside her asked.

Rena winced, forgetting that the girl was still there. “Oh, nothing… I was just talking to myself, that’s all,” she replied before walking away.

Rena wasn’t sure how she was going to do it, but she had to get Eliot’s attention. She gazed around and spotted the live orchestra. There was a piano and to Rena’s luck, nobody was playing it and nobody was even sitting at it. She could easily sneak over and start playing. The others in the orchestra seemed rather tired and too disinterested to pay any mind to her.
It was a stupid idea and totally random, but it definitely beat batting her eyes flirtatiously. She tried making her way through the throng of people dancing on the ballroom floor. She was oh so close to the piano, but she stopped abruptly as someone tapped onto the back of her shoulder.

Rena spun around and gaped at the person standing in front of her. Without another thought, she curtsied as onlookers stared at the two curiously.

“Ah, so commoners actually do possess some manners. That’s… very nice to know,” he replied. “I couldn’t help but notice you trying to run off of the dance floor. It’s afternoon. I don’t think you’ll have to worry about your midnight curfew so soon…”

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Once I get done with all of my Spanish homework for this week, I'm going to pick this back up again.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu May 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Yay! Very Happy
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 10, 2012 9:48 pm

I've really missed RenaxEliot o_o

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu May 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Same here! We'll totally have to PM RP. Very Happy

Oh, by the way, speaking of Rena X Eliot...

Made me think of them. Very Happy
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 pm

^ Holy cow you're right o_o

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu May 10, 2012 10:04 pm

I know, right? Very Happy

Same studio that did one of the Digimon movies (part of the first one in English, since three were spliced for America), and Summer Wars, that other movie I keep going on about. Very Happy It should prove to be EPIC.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 10, 2012 10:04 pm

yes, definitely.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down