Tackling the Monster Invasion

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tackling the Monster Invasion

Post by Insectie on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:43 am

"AAAAAWWWWRRRRUUUUUUUUUUU" Markus let out a loud warcry as he took out his bolter pistol and blew the heads of the nearest monsters before drawing his chainsword. Each swing would take down several at once, sending blood and chunks of flesh flying. "Seventy-two!" He shouted out, making sure Flare could hear him.

"Have fun General. Call me if you need something wasted." Lauren told the general over the comm after he got off.
She then quickly took off again to shoot down a swarm of approaching gargoyles, using her cannons, wanting to save the missiles and rockets.

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Akira sent several arrows flying, hitting the enemies dead on. Many that missed the assault scattered and she waited a few seconds before shooting out another flurry over arrows before finally taking all of those that were in her range down.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:56 pm

The scene of the battle, a realistic version of the map I've been working on.
http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/picture_library/Monster%20MapReal5%202.png
This is pretty much done at this point, but I'm sure I'll continue to tweak things in coming weeks.
Anyway, I hope this inspires people here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:38 pm

"We'll take out two more lines of enemies before we retreat!" Matthew shouted over the warfare. Despite how good the plan was working for them, anything could go wrong at any second. He didn't want any deaths nor to over-exhaust his team. He reloaded is gun before taking a few more shots.

Flyche was aimming for another enemy when he became distracted by a familiar screech of a bird. He looked up to see a few gargoyles, who were carrying hot oil from what he could see. He knew that was bad. If they touched someone's skin it would severely burn the exposed area. He noticed one group flying over those fighting below,

"Akira, over there," He pointed with a seriously look in his eye, "we need to lure them away from the soldiers below. Don't shoot them down. Otherwise the oil will spill." He carefully aimmed his bow and allowed it to graze the side of the monster's cheek, it charge at him. He dodged the attack and struck it with an arrow tip. The oil fell safely at his feet, but not touching him, and not on a solider. Now the process would continue.

Flare wore a cocky smirk,

"One hundred and three! You'll have to try harder you lug of metal," She called, striking three more enemies, "this is child's play!" She boasted, despite everyone knew her words weren't true, it was a difficult enemy indeed.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 am

Akira nodded and grazed a few of the gargoyles with her arrows. She took each of them down. However, the last gargoyle dropped the oil it was carrying with a loud thud as the gargoyle was taken down. The oil tipped over and Akira barely managed to get out of the way, watching as the grassy area the oil had spilled on began to fizzle and smoke up before dying down, leaving a patch of burnt grass.

Akira looked up in the sky, spotting dark dots in the distance. She turned to Flyche and asked, "Got any more arrows?"

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:42 am

"One hundred" Markus cut down four monsters with a stroke of his massive sword, "and four!"
He heard the call for a retreat, but pretended not to. He was in the zone, a frenzy of blood and power, exacting his revenge. Right now the only thing that mattered to him was killing every last one.

"General, I'll cover your retreat," she informed him over the comm. Lauren still had about half of her ammo left; she had been saving it for a time like this. Time to do what I do best. She proceeded to launch every last rocket, each taking out a huge group of enemies in a massive fireball. Those were the lucky ones. The unlucky ones were hit with the scattering cannons, getting ripped apart by hundreds of tiny bits of metal. When she was done, nothing remained alive in a swath between the monsters and the troops. "General, I'm out. See you back at base."

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:27 am

The call of retreat sounded faintly as she swiftly sliced down monsters before her. Using the final chance to cut down more numbers before moving off, she drew the second blade, cutting down almost twice the number...

Only to gradually realized that she had moved a little too far off from where she had intended to. She backed off slowly, just in time to deliver a fatal blow to the other monster behind her. Maintaining the speed of her attacks, she concentrated less on the monsters before her and glanced warily at the present battle field.

One thought nagged at her, but she ignored it. That can wait till she's relatively safe enough.
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Roland gestured with his ax and shouted over the din of battle, "You all heard the order! Retreat!" He turned his horse and sliced down some more monsters. Until the others retreated, he would stay in battle to make sure they all got out safely.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:42 am

Matthew turned to everyone who was on the hill with him, getting ready to deliver his order,

"Everyone! We'll head down this way," He responded, "hurry! I'll cover for everyone in the front! Just watch above and behind you!" He said as he shot the close-by monsters as the group began to head down the hill south, all though is was winding and tricky, so extra precautions were taken. He was sure to attack directly in the head, hoping that everyone would make it out without being injured.

Flyche started down the winding hill as well, continuing to shoot up in the skies at any monster carrying hot oil. When he was asked for arrows, he handed a good fistful over. He always crafted his arrows by hand, but he never worried about running out. His aim was very precise, so he never shot a meaningless arrow. That's when he saw it from the corner of his eye. A monster was behind Akira, ready to slice her with an axe. He pushed her aside, but not too hard or she'd fall,

"Watch yourself!" He shot at the enemy's chest, but it was all in vain. The axe still made in contact with his thigh, causing bloodshed. He let out a groan in pain, tearing his strained muscles as he stood up again.

Flare began to head back as she was told. Although she didn't like being bossed around, she liked it better when she was alive, not dead. She finally made it back into the safe zone. Many soldiers were huffing and puffing, but she had even breaths. She sighed, crossing her arms, thinking to herself: humans. She shook her head slightly and simply sighed to herself.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Akira frowned and raised her bow, shooting the monster that had attacked Flyche right in the chest. The monster toppled forward and Akira just barely got out of its way. She looked down at Flyche's injury.

She looked around, making sure that there were no more monsters around, before ripping a piece of the sleeve of her kimono off. She knelt down and wrapped it around Flyche's leg tightly before he could protest.

"This should stop the bleeding until we can get you to a healer," she said, standing. "Try to go as fast as you think you can go. I've got your back."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Markus was killing everything in sight. He didn't even bother to dodge attacks, figuring the scratches will buff out later. Then he heard the 'low-battery' alarm go off in his suit. With it, he had unlimited stamina, but it could only last for so long. He glanced behind him to find where to fall back to, only to realize that he was surrounded. All the other troops had retreated already. Well, this is just great...

Lauren landed her gunship back at base, and got out to take a look at the condition of her ship. It took a beating, from everything from arrows to acid coated spines Damn, repairs for this'll cost a ton. Lets hope I get paid. With that she started off to find the general with that end in mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:26 am

Roland saw what happened to Flyche and reigned his horse over to them. "Put him on the horse. I can ride him to the healers faster than he can walk."

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Matthew nodded, but quickly turned his attention to a soldier that had been surrounded. He quickly skid down the hill and fired his gun at the zombies that had been around him. Once his skid came to a stop, he looked at Markus and replied,

"Get out of here! I got you covered!" He instructed firing at the ones that looked as if they were ready to pounce on him. He didn't and wouldn't let any of his soldiers get left behind.

Flyche groaned but was glad to be off of his damaged leg. He wondered why he had acted to protect another soldier. He had never done that before. He had only just fought for himself, and that was it. The entire time on the horse, he continued to keep his mouth shut, mostly staying in his thoughts. However, he was feeling slight dizzy due to the injury. Luckily, it wasn't bleeding as it could have been.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Once Flyche was safely on the horse, Roland held him tightly in front of him with one arm and held the reigns in the other. "Yah!" he shouted, kicking the horse hard in the sides. The animal reacted instantly by taking off into a gallop toward the healers' tents.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Akira watched as the horse disappeared into the throng of people before she continued her way on foot. She hoped that Flyche would be okay. After all, he did save her life.

A flying monster nosedived toward her and she quickly got an arrow and shot it down. She hoped that would be the last thing she's encounter before getting back to base. She was tired of today's skirmish.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 am

She had seen majority of the army retreating. Not her. Yet.

Quickly scanning round the surroundings, she found herself further off than the rest of them. Her limbs ached at the notion of slicing a path through the mob of monsters again. If she is fast enough, she will be just in time to be close to the tail of the retreating group. She frowned. She knew that she's already moving back to that hill, but... why is she still that far off?

She hacked off another monster's head. That's strange... Is it just her then...?

Knitting her brows, she swiftly moved away. The swords cut cleanly through the mob like butter as blood shed past her. She grimaced at the familiar burn-

Urrrghh... Not that again. She hurriedly paved her way towards the new destination. Before that happens.
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 am

Markus knew he was in a pinch, until the general's gun took out the enemies behind him. That gave him hope that he might live through this, despite his reckless fighting. Wow. No general in the Royal Marines would ever come back for a lowly soldier like me. He liked his decision to escape from them even more. Turning back to the task at hand, he noticed another warrior in an even bigger pinch than him. "Sir, look out there, there's someone else!" He called to his general.

Lauren went back to the command tent, only to find the general gone. I bet he's off rescuing some hothead like Markus. She decided it would be a nice gesture if she went to check on the injured archer she had transported out to the battle, so she went of that way.

(Ok, well more like this morning. I was tired last night.)

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:30 pm

So many monsters... But I'm getting closer.

Each strike down against the mob send a tingle down to the burn. Her arms ache now, but that does not slow down her attacks against the forces. The two blades are withheld by her sides in a defense stance as she paused before moving again, wasting no strikes against them. Once in a while, she would focus her attention on the now dulled blades, dripping with the blood and gore...

Closer and closer to where the general and the warrior.

She grimaced at the splatter of blood at her cheek as she wiped down the nearest monster. Now that she is... tired, she had now made no moves to evade the gore made by those...
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:58 am

Matthew fired many shots in the direction where Markus needed to run. As soon as he cleared the trail for him, he pushed him forward and shouted over the sound of warfare,

"RUN! And don't you dare look back! That's an order!!" He said as he turned back to the other ally. He used shots to shoot down the monsters that had started to surround her. Quickly, because he could tell she was weak, he wrapped an arm around her waist, securing the other so she was holding onto her neck and began to take off towards the safe zone, firing shots. Soon enough, he made it back in the camp. He took several deep breaths, helping the tired soldier to the ground. He looked back at the battlefield, before looking at the soldiers,

"Is everyone accounted for?"

Flyche's wound wasn't as bad as it could have been, which was good he made it to the healing tents when he did. The magical clerics healed the wound so that it was simply a bruise, that way he could still walk on it and it would recover quickly. He stepped out of the tent to be greeted with several exhausted soldiers. He himself felt that way, but he knew there was no time to rest. He took a seat by a large oak tree, beginning to fletch in order to make more arrows..

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:06 pm

"Hey, I'm glad to see you're still alive and kicking," Akira stated, approaching the oak tree where Flyche was sitting. "So, it wasn't anything too serious?"

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Markus didn't need to be ordered to get out of there, he already had a good idea. Luckily, his suit had enough battery power remaining for him to make it back to camp to swap it out for a new pack. He hoped the other girl and the general made it out ok. His next thought was I wonder what happened to that elf girl...

Lauren found the archer sitting under a tree near the medical tent. "Hey there," she called to get his attention "how are you doing?"

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:10 am

Everything just happened so fast, things flew by in a blur...

Firstly, she hadn't really realized that she'd be saved- just like that. For all she knows, despite the fatigue, she would at least appreciate the help (by reducing some numbers on her side) and will hold on, on her own. For once, she was taken off guard as she was carried off...

... Until they reached the safe zone, where her feet touched the ground. She stood frozen still, still unable to process the information.

What the hell just happened...?
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:18 am

Flyche continued to carve arrows and fletch, being sure that he would have enough for next time. He wasn't much of a talker, so he tended to speak in a gentle, soft words. His first language was French, so his English sounded a little off on pronunciation,

"No, it was not," he responded, "I've had much worse." That's when he noticed the other female walk up to him, asking the same question,

"I'm fine."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Roland breathed a sigh of relief. At last the battle was over. None of their troops had been mortally wounded, thankfully. Even Flyche, the worst of the injured, would be okay in a few days with the help of the magic healers.

But, now that the battle was over, Roland wasn't sure what to do. He didn't want to wander aimlessly about the camp, but he couldn't stand still. He needed someone to give him an order.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Akira felt that Flyche wanted to be left alone, so she wandered off on her own. She spotted Roland and walked over to him.

"Hey, anything new from Matthew?" she asked him.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top