The Kingdom Hearts Saga

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: The Kingdom Hearts Saga

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I won't get to play it, but it looks interesting.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Not another copy!

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:27 pm

I was poking around Youtube (instead of studying like a should) and stumbled upon this...

Ah, this brings back memories. I'm amazed by how much didn't make the cut for KH1 that were in the trailer. Going by this, you were actually supposed to be able to go to Disney Castle. Hee hee, and Donald and Goofy weren't put in Final-Fantasy duds.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

omg the beta trailer! Haven't seen it in forever.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:31 pm

I had the urge to poke at the BbS beginning 'cause it's so pretty and I love that bit where Terra is fleeing the darkness and Ven's running away from being pulverized (symbolism gold, right there!). Then I thought of the beta and how different it was originally going to be.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:34 pm

The BbS is my favorite opening because of the same thing lol. I am kind of looking forward to Dream Drop Distance. The plot is so muddled now, but it has Traverse Town in it. XD

Also... I really like Riku's hair now. It grew on me. XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Traverse Town. Heart Best creation ever.

Still like KH1 Riku's hair the best. 2 was too ridiculously long, and D3... Too short. He needs that happy middle in my book. Laughing

My favorite op is KH:BbS, with the KH1 one in a close second. Mostly because I love symbolism in intros and trying to figure out what it means before I get to that point in the game. I've actually analyzed (for fun!) the KH intros after playing through the game and going "Oh! I know what such-and-such represents now!" Like Terra running from the darkness into the light. That one was pretty obvious after playing through. XD

KH2... The music didn't do much for me and the lack of symbolism disappointed me. KH2 was just a flashback that could have easily been done a different way.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:51 pm

There was a lot wrong with KH2 lol. It was cool when I was 14, but now it's just meh. Probably one of the weakest games in the series.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 pm

I didn't even like it much during the first play-through. Roxas grew on me (I think I was his only fan when the game first came out of the old KH fans), but I was disappointed that he had such a small role in the game. Roxas had so much potential, and 356/2 Days was too little, too lame too late.

KH2 made things too difficult with all those censored mini-games and too easy with the reaction commands. Reactions were one thing during the boss battles. Annoying otherwise. 1000 Heartless battle was lame-ified by that. It sounded so much more epic than it actually was because of that. -_-

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:00 pm

The secret endings and the KH2 beta trailer were so much better. A lot of the lines were just so lame as well. KH was much more serious. It had its moments, but overall it was still darker and more serious.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:23 pm

People say KH2's darker, but I always respond to that, "What, because the Organization wears black coats?" Seriously, if you deconstruct, KH1 was WAY darker. KH1, "The darkness in everyone's hearts... Quest for knowledge gone horribly wrong... Jealousy between friends causing problems beyond either of their understanding at the time..." creepy stuff. KH2 had nothing dealing with the heart thing. If anything, all they did was take the "misunderstood bad guy" cliche to a whole new level.

Plus, KH1 had better world levels. The plots were better. KH2 only spewed back the Disney plot.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Yeah. The purpose of KH2 was so muddled. I guess ultimately it was about finding Riku. Honestly, I was hoping Riku was going to be more bad ass. I think he was better in RE:CoM and even Days than he was in KH2.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Agreed on that one. I wish Riku would've appeared more. It seemed like 2 only cared about Sora and the Organization, while KH1 showed what was going on with more of the characters, good, bad, and in between. Plus KH1 used the Disney Villains to their advantage. The villains were in charge using the Heartless with one big guy heading them through Maleficent. 2... 2 just had them pulling strings individually. There wasn't really an overarching villain like with "Ansem" controlling Maleficent.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:49 pm

And they make Kairi so useless when she has all the potential in the world to be a good female character. I am glad we ended up getting Aqua, though.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:15 pm

At last, a character who has no freaking relation to Kairi. Staaaaaare Probably one of the dumbest decisions by Squeenix was to have every female character be Kairi.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:31 pm

And every male character be a Sora lookalike XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Terra doesn't look like Sora. Neither does Riku. XD

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Well, aside from them. XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:08 am

A bunch of 3D info has come out the last couple of days.

www.khinsider.com

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Not that I'll be able to buy it anyway. XD I have no 3DS. Nor will I buy one until Layton #5 comes out.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 pm

The beginning was pretty cool.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 pm

CHERNOBOG!

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:50 am

The return of Chernabog, the evillest of Disney Villains! WOOT!

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 pm

I have to admit, the art direction of this game is awesome. Some of the scenery screen shots that have been coming out are gorgeous.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 pm

If this game has the option to name these things, I'd totally name this one Rainbow Dash. XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next