Mary Sue Test

Go down

Mary Sue Test Empty Mary Sue Test

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:14 am

http://www.katfeete.net/writing/marysue.html

It's a nice little test that doesn't make you feel guilty when you check a box. XD If anything, some of the options are quite comical. And at the end, it grades section by section and has a small blurb about how you might improve.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Mary Sue Test Empty Re: Mary Sue Test

Post by kuroshikei on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:28 am

Very Happy I did one for my incoming D.Gray-man fic that I might produce...

Result:
Spoiler:
She is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. There's never been anything special about her that she could see; boy, is she in for a surprise. She's had more than her fair share of hard knocks, and probably spends more time than she ought moaning about it. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about May, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. May is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

It's really useful (for testing/double checking purposes)~ I'm gonna use it for my main characters in original fic~ Hooray for Mary Sue test~
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:37 pm

When I use to flame people on ff.net with crappy OCs, I'd tell them to go take a Mary-Sue litmus test. I was so mean.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Yeah. The problem with the original is that it's not very user-friendly. When I found this one, I fell in love with it because it was a lot easier to use.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Yeah. It's definitely a lot easier.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:06 pm

I like using this test because then if you're character is a Mary Sue, you can change it to fix it. Although I sent this to my one friend and he flipped out. =_=

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Usually people flip out if they don't pass.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:19 pm

I actually got a decent score with one of my characters. XD

Usually the ones who throw a fit are the ones who think their characters are perfect and nothing is wrong with them... and those are obviously the Sues and most of these people don't think they don't have to improve. Those who want to improve will shrug it off and try to fix their characters.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Yeah. My best score was when I used it with Yuuta after I adjusted him back in 2010.

Originally he was going to be a quiet, shy, minds his own business character XD Man did he get changed.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Oh yeah. He got changed a lot since then. XD

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Yeah, the old him just lacked potential for a good character. The old him would be like...a backround character

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionetta on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Nova Highwind is only a little like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Nova Highwind, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Nova Highwind is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Marionetta
Roleplayer

Quote : Omnia mutantr, nihil interit

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionetta on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Marionetta is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Marionetta, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Marionetta is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

I would like you all to know that neither Nova or Marionetta are anything like me.

Marionetta
Roleplayer

Quote : Omnia mutantr, nihil interit

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:29 am

Laughing It's a check list with computer generated stuff. Also, it's "like you as you'd like to be." Smile

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm

So I met some people today who didn't know what Mary Sues were. XD

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh, the joys of explaining them~

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down