Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Favorite Pony?

My Little Pony Vote_lcap20%My Little Pony Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
My Little Pony Vote_lcap0%My Little Pony Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
My Little Pony Vote_lcap40%My Little Pony Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

My Little Pony Empty My Little Pony

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:48 pm

My Little Pony fans, unite!

Last edited by Destiny's Gate on Tue May 01, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony Empty Re: My Little Pony

Post by dragon922 Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Wow, I am surprised that this is so empty... Well, anyway, you know that my little pony is big when the first episode of the new season has not even been out a day, that episode is up on youtube, and you find a gif that can only be from the new episode in a siggy on a website that has absolutely nothing to do with MLP.
dragon922
dragon922
Co-Conspirallama

Quote : Fly free and know that you're thoughts are the only weight you bear.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm getting sucked into this show against my will. XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon922 Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:37 am

On the outside it looks like a little kids show, but you watch the first two episodes and it almost a classic plot set up. Sure, the main part of the season is all about the ponies learning lessons, but the way they are presented suck in those of us who remember fondly the golden age of cartoons. Then you get a season finale that blows up the traditional little girl views of nobility and balls with a new season starting just a beautifully as the first did. I saw MLP on the line up with my nostalgic shows like Batman Beyond and I was upset that a "little girls'" show was sullying the line up, but then I caught the first episode and I realized, "Holy cow, this is some good stuff."
dragon922
dragon922
Co-Conspirallama

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:56 pm

I loved the Gala. Very Happy That was the best one ever.

Twilight Sparkle: "But it was a disaster!"
Princess Celestia: "Oh, it's always a disaster. I thought with you all there it'd be more fun. Very Happy"
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:11 pm

JupiterLightning wrote:I'm getting sucked into this show against my will. XD
You can watch the episodes on Youtube. ^_~
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon922 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Yeah, you know a show is good when it is excessively girly, and yet it can draw in guys (and not even those like the "bronies").
dragon922
dragon922
Co-Conspirallama

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 pm

So. *serious face*

What does everyone think Part Two will end?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:29 am

Okay, is this sad or what?

California Girls came on the radio, and instead of hearing that song, first I started hearing the Key of Awesome parody in my head which then switched to "Equestria Girls," the MLP Parody. XD

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Destiny's Gate wrote:So. *serious face*

What does everyone think Part Two will end?
I think episode two will end with the ponies getting the elements back, therefore curing them of being de-harmonized, then in some strange way Discord will be redeemed and all will be happy in Equestria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:46 am

XD Aw, that's no fun. You probably got the exact answer.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:58 am

Destiny's Gate wrote:XD Aw, that's no fun. You probably got the exact answer.
Well, as much as I love the show, it is pretty predictable at times. Also, I'm sad, I can't watch episode two until it's on YouTube. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:56 am

BlueBlaze wrote:
Well, as much as I love the show, it is pretty predictable at times. Also, I'm sad, I can't watch episode two until it's on YouTube. Sad
Aw. XD Well, you were wrong, actually.

Spoiler:
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Destiny's Gate wrote:
BlueBlaze wrote:
Aw. XD Well, you were wrong, actually.

Spoiler:
I still think he is the best villain in the series though.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon922 Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:15 pm

He was a real villain after all, maybe at the end of the season we can have him come back and have an actual awesome battle with him. He was really just playing games with them and his "chaos" was fairly non-threatening with sort of a weak conclusion. This dude could do just about anything and if they just took it one or two steps further they could break the show into an all new strata of awesome.
dragon922
dragon922
Co-Conspirallama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:19 pm

dragon922 wrote:He was a real villain after all, maybe at the end of the season we can have him come back and have an actual awesome battle with him. He was really just playing games with them and his "chaos" was fairly non-threatening with sort of a weak conclusion. This dude could do just about anything and if they just took it one or two steps further they could break the show into an all new strata of awesome.
I must say that he is the most interesting villain, and everyone in the fandom seemed to have really enjoyed him. But in terms of the most dangerous, Nightmare Moon is still at the top of that pillar.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon922 Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:58 pm

BlueBlaze wrote:I must say that he is the most interesting villain, and everyone in the fandom seemed to have really enjoyed him. But in terms of the most dangerous, Nightmare Moon is still at the top of that pillar.

I am afraid that I must respectfully disagree. Nightmare Moon's main ability was to cast the entire world into eternal night. Other than that she only appeared to be able to affect one or two things at a time and a good portion of the effects she created were relatively nonthreatening illusions, even they looked scary. It also appeared that besides her eternal night ability, most of the things she did were only possible in the Everfree (I think that the name) Forest because there were already dangerous things there.
Discord on the other hand could influence everything, all the time, and, as proven through his interaction with Fluttershy, could cause things to go his way even when the pony facing him resisted. He was playing with everything so most of what he did came across as pranks and jokes, but when the ponies were still separated from the elements of harmony there was nothing outside of his power. His chaos took silly forms because he is a joker at heart and anyone would be bored after a thousand years of being a statue, but there were a few moments where the anger he held below the surface peeked up a bit and a master of chaos that is angry can be one of the scariest and most dangerous things in existence.
dragon922
dragon922
Co-Conspirallama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:08 pm

dragon922 wrote:
BlueBlaze wrote:I must say that he is the most interesting villain, and everyone in the fandom seemed to have really enjoyed him. But in terms of the most dangerous, Nightmare Moon is still at the top of that pillar.

I am afraid that I must respectfully disagree. Nightmare Moon's main ability was to cast the entire world into eternal night. Other than that she only appeared to be able to affect one or two things at a time and a good portion of the effects she created were relatively nonthreatening illusions, even they looked scary. It also appeared that besides her eternal night ability, most of the things she did were only possible in the Everfree (I think that the name) Forest because there were already dangerous things there.
Discord on the other hand could influence everything, all the time, and, as proven through his interaction with Fluttershy, could cause things to go his way even when the pony facing him resisted. He was playing with everything so most of what he did came across as pranks and jokes, but when the ponies were still separated from the elements of harmony there was nothing outside of his power. His chaos took silly forms because he is a joker at heart and anyone would be bored after a thousand years of being a statue, but there were a few moments where the anger he held below the surface peeked up a bit and a master of chaos that is angry can be one of the scariest and most dangerous things in existence.
Well yes, that all makes sense, but to me, NMM seemed more sinister, more evil. Although I must say that Discord did make Fluttershy mean, which is the most diabolical thing ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Making Fluttershy mean was horrible and awful! Cruelty to animals, I say!

Speaking of Nightmare Moon, I wanna see more Luna in the series. I know she has a thousand years of paperwork to catch up on, but still!
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Am I the only one sick of MLP fan-fics like Cupcakes. I vote we stop giving then noteriety so people will stop writing shock fics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:34 pm

*nods* I agree. I don't care much for shock fics. They fall under Yaoi, too.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:28 pm

I just found a book series that is vampire adult MLP. O.o

Hunted (House of Night, #5)Hunted by P.C. Cast

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can think of one word to sum up this book. Nay, this entire series.

Ponies.

That's right, folks. This story is like a grown-up version of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Want proof?

Aphrodite is Rarity, right down to the clothing obsession. The Twins are like Pinkie Pie meets Rainbow Dash at any given moment. Damien is totally Twilight Sparkle (but male). Stevie Rae is Apple Jack. And Zoey is like a mash up of Luna and Twilight Sparkle. Nyx is Princess Celestia. Neferet is totally Nightmare Moon. And Kalona (oh yes, I have a MLP Equivalent for him to) is Discord. Totally. *nods*

The stories of friendship and good over evil and friendship/love/happiness triumphing over evil. Ponies.

Not that being Pony-like is a bad thing. I like that show. And if anything, the House of Night series is far more subtle about the morals. And it can address morals Ponies can't for various reasons.

Which leads me to some of the brilliant qualities about this book.

One, it actually states that manipulative, controlling, possessive stalker boyfriend is not cool. In multiple ways. Kalona trying to "own" Zoey, despite being the hottest piece of meat of all time (I dunno, I didn't think him sexy by the description...), is possessive and that's not cool. Same with Erik. Erik has a lot of good qualities, but the possessive/controlling aspect is NOT good in a boyfriend. Despite what other vampire books might try to tell you...

Two, friendship IS powerful. A lot of people knock those kid shows like MLP or books like House of Night for having a strong group of FRIENDS defeat a big baddie with kindness rather than having one person (male or "male with boobs") use violence to win. There's really something to that saying "violence begets violence." I, for one, like having a small group defeating an enemy without violence as opposed to one person smiting. To me, there's enough smiting. Whatever happened to peaceful solutions?

Three, this book has the whole, "You're not a bad person, you just made bad decisions" type of thought. Seriously, I don't like to believe people are born evil. They just end up that way. Neferet wasn't always evil. At least, I hope not. Stark wasn't evil to start, then he went a little evil (as proven by the last book), and to avoid spoilers, let's just say he's misunderstood. It's the choices that matter.

So, Young Adult Vampyre My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or not, this is an excellent series with strong female characters (seriously! GODDESS!!!) and a lot of different kinds of characters. No white bread with this series.

View all my reviews
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 am

Oh mah Gawd! The newest episode is SO ME!!!! XD I am definitely Twilight Sparkle in this episode.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:06 pm

OMG!!! Luna's supposed to appear in this weekend's episode. Lovey Dovey
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Destiny's Gate wrote:OMG!!! Luna's supposed to appear in this weekend's episode. Lovey Dovey
It's actually supposedly a Luna centric episode, I'm wondering how they'll characterize her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum