The Hunger Games triology

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Hunger Games triology Empty The Hunger Games triology

Post by JupiterLightning on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:48 pm

The Hunger Games triology HungerGames16The Hunger Games triology Catching-fireThe Hunger Games triology 3rdbookcoverrealesedFINNALY2

I've only read the first one so far and I've just started the second. The first book is amazing and the author is writing the screenplay of the movie, so I seriously hope that is amazing as well.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games triology Empty Re: The Hunger Games triology

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 am

Very Happy I was waiting for what you thought before attempting to read it.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:24 pm

I can't stop obsessing over it.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:36 am

Finished the second one. XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 am

Already? Wow, that must have been a really quick read.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:27 am

Nah. I ended up staying up late. I finished it in four hours. I couldn't put it down is my excuse. XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:57 am

So I finally read the first book, and I have to wonder how they're making the movie. O.o

I'm not sure if anyone ever noticed (I did because I'm strange like that), but movies and TV shows like to avoid showing violence against children. If there's a murder of a child, you just see the body. Never the violence against them. That's because it angers the censors that decide the ratings and people think it encourages violence against children (and yet no one thinks twice about all the violence against women on TV...).

So I have to wonder how they're going to do the movie, since everyone in the Games are children. Either they'll up the ages or they'll "edit" the deaths. Neutral I'm curious what they'll do.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:17 pm

It's going to be PG-13. I've seen worse things on television ex: CSI.

I think a lot of the violence is going to be offscreen.
Spoiler:
However, Rue's death will probably be onscreen, but I really don't think they'll make it really bloody.
A lot of older people read these books anyway.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Doesn't matter. I don't think they'll show much death, though. Just the bodies.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Spoiler:
Well, the more graphic deaths are the deaths of the older ones (Cato, Glimmer, etc.) with the exception of Rue. A lot of the younger ones die at the very start of it and we'll probably just see them falling down flat on their faces or something.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:07 pm

True. Not too many have deaths that are really mentioned.

The bees should be interesting... unless they change that. They probably will.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 pm

I will be pissed if they change the Trackerjacker scene. That's one of my favorites actually.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Same, but that would require a lot of CG, which is expensive. Neutral And kinda gross.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Well, the mutts are confirmed to be in it, though I don't think they'll look good at all. You gotta consider that they don't have a big budget for this film. They're relying on it to do well to get the funds needed for the other two. They only got a 70 million budget for it and if you think about it, that really isn't a lot for a movie adaptation of a popular book.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:24 pm

But sometimes the lower budget ones look better. Sometimes. *looks at Twilight* That usually means they do a better job on the script and acting to make up for it. Or try to, at least.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:25 pm

The author is writing the script. Did you know that?

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:26 pm

No I didn't. That could be a blessing or a curse. If they can't write screen plays, well...

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:28 pm

She was a screenwriter before she was an author. I'm not worried, plus the cast looks great.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Ah. Then it'll be great. Smile

I'll take your word on the cast. XD I'm no good with actors.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:38 pm

They don't really have a big name star in it. Jennifer Lawrence was nominated for an Oscar last year, but she's technically still a star on the rise. She hasn't quite become a household name yet. The older actors aren't big names yet or anymore, but they're still very talented.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Those make the best movies. No expectations, ya know? Smile

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Physically, it's cast well. A lot of people complain about Josh Hutcherson being too short to play Peeta, though. But I think he looks adorable.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:45 pm

The Hunger Games triology Tumblr11

Effie.Looks.Amazing.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Nod That is really good.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:18 pm

I wish everyone would STFU about Madge being cut. I like the idea of the pin already being in her possession. Madge is a very minor character anyway.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next