Forever is a Long Time

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Forever is a Long Time

Post by JupiterLightning on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Sophie led the way to where her family lived in town. It had been a rather eventful afternoon, but everything went surprisingly better than expected. Sophie was relieved that everything had gone well.

As they left her sister's home, she let out a small breath, thankful that the news had been shared with everyone at this point.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:46 am

Precious let a smirk touch her lips. If her family forgets the date of the wedding, then such a unhappy time it shall be. I shall cause this, for I am to have Howl as my servant for the rest of my time! She thought. One by one, she went to Sophie's families' homes, delivering a chant,

"Importance is lost,
May memories be tossed!
Forget never find,
Wedding of this kind!
Forget, forget, no one will show,
Then the hate they will know!"

This magical spell would cause all of her family to forget the day of the wedding, in hopes that they will forget and not show, causing a sad wedding to take place indeed.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:58 am

A shiver ran down Howl's spine. Someone had cast magic nearby. Bad magic. Strong magic. Enough to cause him to shiver. Panicked, he looked around. Maybe it was a witch he'd pissed off. Probably it was.

"Um, Sophie?" he muttered. "Did you feel that? Or was it just me?" He knew Sophie had some magic power, even if she couldn't cast spells. She'd broken the contract between himself and Calcifer, after all.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:37 pm

"Something doesn't feel right," Sophie replied. "I have that same feeling I had when the storms started in the gardens," she added.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:11 pm

He'd felt it there, too, now that she mentioned it. He'd been so disappointed that the romantic moment was ruined that he hadn't noticed at the time.

So someone's trying to sabotage us, he thought. The question was, "Who did I piss off this time?" He pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling a headache coming on because of the obvious problem.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:25 pm

"Maybe we should get back?" Sophie suggested. If there was something going on, she'd hate to leave Calcifer and Markl on their own for too long.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:41 pm

"Markl can take care of himself, and Calcifer's a big boy," Howl said, as if reading Sophie's thoughts. It was so easy to know what she was thinking sometimes. Of course, the reverse was also true.

For a moment, he looked around the square curiously. "Anyway, if there's a rival witch in the area, I want to meet her. I want to see what magic she does so she doesn't encroach on my business." After all, their shop was a magical flower shop, where the flowers were enchanted to do different things, like bring luck or sing love songs or other such nonsense. If another witch was to open a shop, well, he wanted to make sure she wasn't in the same sort of business.

Then his eyes fell on her. The color drained from his face. "On second thought, we should go," he said, for across the busy square was the woman who'd broken his heart years ago, and he did not want Sophie meeting her.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Precious smirked as Howl caught site of her. She loved the sight of the pale features coming over the male. She took a few steps, so she was standing just in front of the couple. She narrowed her eyes, a demonic smile coming over her face. She couldn't wait to tear them apart, for she knew the game of deceiving would definitely gain her some win, as well as time,

"Hello Howl," She responded, "it's nice to see your finally back, my husband. Or have you forgotten about our marriage?"

(Sorry for slight God Mod)

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Howl blinked. Once. Twice. His arm around Sophie held her more tightly against him. "Marriage? What marriage?" Without a heart, he hadn't cared enough about anyone to want to get married. With it, he only wanted Sophie. "What the heck are you talking about?" He didn't know what she was talking about. All he knew was one thing: "You were the one who told me I wasn't worth your time."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Husband?

Sophie looked at Howl in shock after the strange woman had spoken. She was very confused and a little hurt as well.

"Howl, what's going on?" she questioned, hoping he had a good explanation for this.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Howl said from the corner of his mouth, "I haven't the foggiest idea what she's talking about. She was a girl I chased after years ago, and if I'd had a heart at the time, she would have smashed it into a thousand little pieces."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Precious was trying to cause Sophie to question Howl. She approached the two, looking at Howl with a smirk. She would do anything at all to break them apart, and make Howl her safe for life. She ran a hand through her hair before softening her look, in order to make herself appear more honest,

"I know you were watching me, Howl dear," She responded, "even after I couldn't go further into the relationship at that point, he still watches me, it's so sweet of him. He still cares about his wife."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Howl snorted. He actually snorted. "Bull," he said. "I haven't seen you in..." he did a quick mental calculation, "four years? And you're not my wife. Sophie," he turned to his fiance, "this is Precious. She's a pathological liar. A pretty one, but still."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Sophie frowned slightly. She believed Howl when he said this woman was lying. But there was more to this story, and she needed to find it out one way or another.

"We should probably get going," she told Howl, trying to ignore Precious.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 pm

"We should." He nodded a curt goodbye to the witch he'd once pursued and led Sophie away, back to the flower shop. "She is so not invited to the wedding." He was trying to make Sophie smile, but he could tell that he was in hot water. Even if just about everything Precious had said was untrue.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Sophie knew that Howl was trying desperately to make light of the situation, but he wasn't going to get off that easily. When they arrived at the flower shop, she shut the door and locked it tightly, before turning to Howl with her arms folded.

"Howl, I'm not quite sure what that was about back there," Sophie began in a stern tone, "but you had better tell me everything right now, and I mean everything."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:38 pm

"Erm... You remember how before I met you I was a total flirt? Yeah... She was one of the women I was after." It was surprisingly hard to admit this to Sophie. He'd hoped his past would just vanish now that he wasn't flirting with every woman on the planet. Obviously that wasn't the case. "She dumped me. She was interested a few weeks, then she took my proverbial heart and smashed it into teeny tiny pieces. Found out later she was a total..." he chose his words carefully so as not to get Sophie mad at him for being vulgar. Finally, he settled on, "philanderer. She had at least twelve guys besides me, so I was kind of glad to get away from her. I haven't the foggiest idea what she's doing back."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:47 pm

"So, were you married to her exactly?" Sophie questioned. She believed him so far. Then, an thought struck her.

"Howl, you don't think she may be the one behind all of the weather and stuff, do you?"

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:54 pm

"You kidding? Soon as any girl mentioned marriage I ran for it." Howl crossed his arms, a little offended.

Though, when Sophie mentioned the idea the of Precious causing the weather trouble, it made perfect sense. "She is a which, after all. I suppose that's possible."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Precious let out a "humph", crossing her arms as she gave a smile. She felt that she was somewhat successful. At that one moment, she had grasped Sophie's attention and caused her to doubt Howl, even if just for a moment. Now, all she had to do, was to extend that doubt until the point that Sophie had complete doubts towards Howl. Then, their relationship would be over, and she would obtain her slave.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Sophie sighed and walked away, tending to some of the flowers. She was deep in thought with mixed emotions. She was worried and still a little upset with Howl. She didn't want this witch to ruin everything good that was going for both her and him.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:04 pm

"I'm sorry," Howl murmured, hugging Sophie from behind. He held her tightly against him, burying his face in her hair. It smelled nice, like the flowers she grew for the shop. "If I'd known all that I do back then, I never would've gotten involved with that witch in the first place."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Sophie sighed. "I suppose I should just tell her off, but that's rather un-ladylike, don't you think? We need to figure out why all of a sudden she shows up now of all times."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:57 pm

"Hmmmm..." Howl was still holding Sophie, his face still in her hair, even as he tried to think. "Jealous?" he offered. "She certainly seemed to be."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Sophie nodded. It was obvious she was jealous and truthfully, Sophie was a little jealous and ticked off another woman was after Howl, but she wasn't about to say it out loud. She was too polite.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next