Forever is a Long Time

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Forever is a Long Time

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:59 pm

"We should probably head back to the house before Markl gets worried," Howl said. He could tell Sophie was mad. He just wished there was a way to make sure she knew he loved her and only her.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:53 pm

"Hey!" Markl greeted once Sophie and Howl had returned. "I was wondering when you two were going to get here. I was beginning to think you had run into some trouble. How was your family?"

"They were fine," Sophie replied before she headed upstairs to her room. She hadn't meant to be so short with Markl, but her reply had unfortunately come out that way.

Markl turned to Howl, confused. "Did I say something wrong, Master Howl?"

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:07 pm

"It's not your fault. It's mine," Howl said, collapsing onto the couch across from Calcifer's hearth. "Remember that evil ex- of mine, Precious?"

"The one who was a bigger player than you?" Calcifer asked. What did any of this have to do with her? Far as he knew, she'd been long gone for years.

"She's back, and she's definitely trying to cause trouble. Called me her husband in front of Sophie."

"Oh. That's not good. Not good at all. Told you she was trouble, Howl. Didn't I him, Markl? I knew she was going to be a problem right from the start."

Last edited by Destiny's Gate on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Markl frowned. He had never heard this story before, but it made sense why Sophie seemed so upset.

"So, is Sophie really mad at you?" Markl asked. He hoped not. He really liked Sophie and he didn't want her to leave. She was a part of the family, after all.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:01 am

"Very much so," Howl said with a groan. "And there's nothing I can do about it. Not if Precious keeps showing up and tries to ruin things."

"Ever think of turning her into a frog?" Calcifer suggested. "I know it's a little old-fashioned and witch-like, but that would take care of the problem."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Markl laughed at the flame's suggestion. "Of course! That would work, Master Howl. She wouldn't be able to bother you then."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:09 pm

Howl rubbed his temples. He could feel a headache coming on. "I'm not turning anyone into a frog," he said. Honestly, he wasn't even quite sure how to. Even when he was heartless he hadn't thought to curse someone like that. He walked past Markl and the hearth and headed for the stairs.

When he reached Sophie's room, he knocked. "Sophie?" he called softly. He hoped desperately she wasn't still mad at him.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Sophie was sitting in a chair next to her bedroom window, reading a book. Reading had always relaxed her somewhat. She could get away from reality for awhile. When she heard a knock on the door and Howl's voice coming from the other side, she replied, "Come in."

When she did so; however, she was still looking down at the book.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Howl steeled himself for the worst and entered. "Sophie... I..." For a moment, he had no idea what to say. No, there wasn't anything he could say. He took a deep breath. He bent and captured her lips. It was a short kiss, but he hoped it conveyed how he felt about her. "I love you. More than you can ever know."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:29 pm

Sophie was taken by surprise, which caused her to drop her book onto the floor. She closed her eyes and returned the kiss. She just stared into his eyes when he told her that he loved her, and she believed it.

"I can't be mad at you," she told him softly. "It's just that... Everything was going so good and something decided to come along and try to ruin it all."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:41 pm

He ran his fingers through her silver hair. "I know." He didn't think it safe to mention Precious just yet, though he was certainly tempted to mention turning her into a frog. He smooched Sophie again. "I wish we could just... keep that something from ruining everything."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Sophie smiled playfully. "We could turn her into a frog," she jokingly suggested. "That's too mean, though. I'm not sure what we can do, but we can't get married until that problem is taken care of. There's no telling what she would try to do at the wedding ceremony."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

"If she were to interrupt our wedding, I will turn her into a frog. Or maybe a newt. What do you think." He grinned.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Sophie giggled and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "A newt would suffice," she teased. "Speaking of wedding, I suppose we should try to set up a date. I was thinking sometime during autumn?

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:42 pm

"Too far off," Howl replied. "I can't wait that long. If I could, I'd marry you right now!"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:46 pm

"And that's too soon!" Sophie teased, laughing. "Well, we need to make preparations, you know. I don't want anything big, but I'd still like to have something nice."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:41 pm

"We should have it in the garden," Howl said, thinking of the huge fields his house connected to. The place Sophie got her flowers for the shop. "We can put up a gazebo and get married there."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Sophie smiled. "I was thinking that as well. Great minds think alike!" she teased before giving a peck on his lips.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Howl grinned. He always liked it when Sophie praised him. Coming from her, it actually meant something.

He stood. "Then we should start getting things ready," he said. "Let's see... Gazebo... Definitely some fireworks... And we'll have to invite His Majesty and Madam Solomon even if I don't like her..." It was a bit of a requirement, since he technically was still a royal wizard. "We'll need someone to marry us, too..." He didn't know how traditional Sophie would want things. She wasn't religious, but if she wanted traditional she might want a priest.

Well, the other stuff would certainly keep him busy for now. "I'll take care of the fireworks and the gazebo and all that stuff," he said. Normally the woman and her family would plan weddings, if he remembered correctly, but as he had a better eye for style, he'd take care of that. She'd pick out her dress, though. Sohpie would probably never wear anything he chose for her.

Then he kissed her happily. "We'll be married by summer," he said. Summer was only in a few weeks, but it still felt too far away.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Sophie smiled brightly and happily returned the kiss. "That sounds wonderful!" she exclaimed afterwards.

She knew she would have to find a dress soon, especially since summer was not that far off. They wouldn't have much time to plan, but she knew Howl would take care of things and the wedding would be everything she dreamed of. She should be happy about this, but the thought of Precious came to her mind once more. She frowned.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 pm

"I'll have Calcifer keep any unwanted guests away," Howl promised. He gave her hand a loving squeeze before heading back down to the common area, where Calcifer and Markl were waiting patiently.

"Well, what are you both standing around for? We've got a wedding to prepare for!" He grinned. "Markl, come with me. We have to get materials together for fireworks and a magicked gazebo." He was going to make one out of starlight so that it would like diamonds. Difficult magic, but he could do it with Markl and Calcifer's help.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:33 am

Poke

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:52 am

Poke

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 am

It's really hard for me to do anything in this one without other villains to co-op with.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:24 am

"Hmmm, how should I ruin this?" Precious mused to herself, tapping her fingers across the wooden frame of the chair she was currently seated in. She took pleasure in destroying others while forcing men to submit to her. She figured she would have to use a powerful spell in order to gain what she wanted, so she stood up, looking through her various spell books,

"I need a powerful concoction to settle this once and for all!"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next