Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games Movie

5 posters

Go down

The Hunger Games Movie Empty The Hunger Games Movie

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 pm

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games Movie Empty Re: The Hunger Games Movie

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:13 pm

This movie was BRILLIANT! Very Happy

Also, read a comparison between Bella and Katniss. I'll have to see if I can find the article online so I can post it.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 am

Can't find an online version of the article, so I'll just sum up.

Relationship with men:
Katniss is admired and respected by Gale and Peeta, who rely on her strength and cunning. She's attracted to them, but she doesn't go for the whole the love/marriage/kids thing.

Bella is objectified by Edward and Jacob. Her only purpose in life is pleasing the condescending and controlling Edward. Her life stops when Edward leaves.

Life Skills
Katniss hunts, barters, and takes care of her younger sister, especially when her mom checks out after her father's death.

Bella can't do anything until she turns into a vampire, so they're more "afterlife skills." (she can cook, but they don't mention that in the article)

Family Matters:
Katniss protects her family. She enters the Hunger Games lottery lots of times for more food and takes Prim's place when she's in danger.

Bella loves divorced parents, but Edward is the most important. She does become self-sacrificing with the evil demon baby (my words for the baby, not theirs). Also, mistake here, says demon baby's in book three, though it's actually four.

Facing Adversity:
Katniss doesn't run away with Gale and stays to take care of her family. When sent to the Hunger Games and certain death, she rises to the challenge.

Bella, when Edward leaves her, she goes suicidal.

Thus, Katniss pwns Bella.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Finally saw it and I really liked it. The only thing that bugged me was the damn shaky camera and all of the close facial shots. It was irritating at the beginning, but I'm glad it got better as it went along.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:26 pm

My only wish was that we say the one guy fall of the stage drunk. XD
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Yeah, but I'm content with his intro scene. Woody was a great choice. He and Elizabeth Banks played off of each other well in the Haymitch and Effie scenes.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 am

I've been seeing a lot of the merchandise in stores again. I gotta say, some nice stuff. While I won't buy a $6 cheap-metal pin, it looks really nice. I compared it to the mockingjay on the original book, and it looks just like it.

Though, I find it oxymoron-ish that it's an "Authentic replica of the movie prop."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionetta Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:49 pm

I hated the movie.
The book was too much like Battle Royale.
Marionetta
Marionetta
Roleplayer

Quote : Omnia mutantr, nihil interit

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:59 pm

I saw the movie, I thought it was good. Never read the book but I plan to at some point.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenaron1703 Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 am

I was watching the movie, I thought that it was a very good movie (didn't read the book) but my cousin thought that the characters weren't like the book describes them.
I was at the 20-30 final minutes, and the video cut right there (Suicide), and can't watch the end SobSobbingYou did what?!
I was in the part when the organizers tell the participants to go to the place where the Cornucopia was, and the screen went black
Kenaron1703
Kenaron1703
Roleplayer

Quote : "If you can't exaplin it to a six year old, then you don't understand it yourself" Albert Einstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:34 am

Lots of people had that complaint... Though, many of them were stupidly thinking that Rue was white (she's described as black in the book).

The author was heavily involved in the movie--wrote the screenplay, even--so it's as accurate as a movie can be. Laughing
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:23 pm

I think the movie was cast very well. I think the only character that I pictured differently in the book was Haymitch, but I was happy with the casting choice anyway. Woody Harrelson is a good actor and he nailed the part pretty well.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:45 pm

So any word on when Catching Fire movie comes out?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:53 pm

It comes out in November. That was announced months ago lol. XD

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 pm

XD Yeah, poof I don't pay much attention. I pretty much ask you, since you know all things pop culture.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down