Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King of the Castle

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

King of the Castle Empty King of the Castle

Post by Insectie Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Background:

The universe is decades in the future, where mankind following a meteor impact on Earth, has spread to a number of planets throughout the galaxy. Due to the outcome of a subsequent bloody war, humanity is ruled by a tyrannical king who maintains an uneasy peace throughout humanspace (territory occupied by humans) using a fleet of starships and a powerful army, but underneath his rule black markets, organized crime and mercenaries thrive. The capital planets have great cities and abundant resources, while some humans are barely surviving. Humans have (officially) only had one encounter with an alien race (a short war ending with the alien's retreat right before their victory at a decisive battle), but have had unofficial contact with many races and many more races exist that humans have yet to encounter.

The fun thing about this universe is that because of an impending event (I won't go into that right now), some humans (and aliens too) are able to harness some unknown force to basically possess magical abilities.

Plot:
In a dark, nearly empty lounge in a quiet, industrial district on the human capital world of Albion, several mercs (short for mercenaries) arrive, each told to meet there for a job. Each has little idea of the job they came for other than its dangerous and illegal or that anyone else was hired for it...
After a while a mysterious man appears to give them their assignment: to seize the leader of humanity...

Rules:
1. Up to two characters per RPer, though I would prefer one well thought-out character to two mediocre ones.
2. You are basically a mercenary (or you can call yourself whatever you wish and have whatever motives you want, so long as you have a reason to show up for the job.)
3. You can be a human, or any alien you can come up with, so long as its roughly humanoid
4. You may have cybernetic parts, either voluntary for enhancement or as the result of injury
6. As for weapons, whatever you want really. At this point in time, the majority of human weapons are still projectile based, however directed energy weapons are becoming increasingly common. Some humans have remained well-versed in melee combat. You can always be a human who stole and uses alien technology though...
7. With regards to magic, the energy for its use is limited currently, so spells are fairly weak to moderate in power at best, and have limited time spans. For example, it would be possible through this magic to say, teleport to the other side of a planet but not from one planet to another, or to animate a corpse and make a zombie for a short time but not make a zombie army or bring the dead back to life. This magic takes quite a while to master, so many who are adept at it lack in other skills.

Profile Skeleton:

(picture (optional but really preferred))
Character Name:
Username:
Race/describe race if non-human:
Physical appearance:
Weapon(s):
Magical abilities (if applicable):
Short Bio/Character traits:

Characters:

Character Name: The Hard-To-Get Man
(Mass Effect II reference for those who get it)
Username: Insectie
Race/describe race if non-human: Human
Physical appearance: Well-kept and well dressed
Weapon: If he has them they're well hidden
Magical abilities: None demonstrated
Short Bio/Character traits: The man who is hiring everyone for his job. Doesn't reveal much about his background, ultimate goals or motives.

King of the Castle Angeled-1
Character Name: Julius
Username: Destiny's Gate
Race: Tick-Tock (Winged beings who are obsessed with time and know what time it is at all times. They have an odd obsession with the ticking sounds of clocks)
Weapon(s): Hand of Time (Spear that can freeze enemies for three ticks of a clock)
Magical abilities (if applicable): Knows the time at all times. Can freeze enemies for three ticks of a clock with his spear. Flight.
Short Bio/Character traits: Julius is a "Clock Keeper," a race more wellknown as Tick Tocks. He, like all Tick Tocks, has an obsession with clocks and fixing the times, making him the perfect traveling clock repair man. Of course, he delivers secret messages all the time and supports the rebellion whole-heartedly.

King of the Castle Darcia
Character Name: King Lucius
Username: The Indeed That Never Was
Race/describe race if non-human: Human.....but...there might be rumors otherwise.
Physical appearance: [above], handsome and young, dark hair and beautiful eyes.
Weapon(s): Swords
Magical abilities: Hints at power over certain elements, he is very secretive about this...
Short Bio/Character traits: Lucius is the tyrannical ruler of the humans. After inheriting the position from his father, who died mysteriously, he took over, he killed off his siblings who were next in line. He is aware of all the problems in his kingdom, but believes most are below him so he does not care. He is callous and cold, and is very ruthless when he wants something

King of the Castle Wolfs_Rain8
Character Name: Queen Rositas
Username: The Indeed That Never Was
Race/describe race if non-human: Celestial, a race supposedly descended from the gods
Physical appearance: [above], goddess-like beauty, no flaws
Weapon(s): None other than her powers
Magical abilities (if applicable):Corruption, temptation, healing
Short Bio/Character traits: This Queen was suspected to be the reason between the royal sibling rivalry. She is cunning and not to be trusted, a sadist at heart and demoness in soul.

King of the Castle SpaceMarinebluegold2-1
Character Name: Royal Marine
Username: Everyone
Race/describe race if non-human: Human
Physical appearance: Heavy power-armor, blue with gold trim. Underneath the men are all rugged veterans who somehow have remained handsome.
Weapon(s): various chainguns, assault shotguns, pistols, rapid-fire rocket launcher, stun rays
Even though more powerful laser weapons were available, Marines still use conventional projectile weapons; very sophisticated large-caliber projectile weapons. They cited the reliability of bullets as their reason, but tradition was their real motive.
Magical abilities (if applicable): none at all
Short Bio/Character traits: Royal Marines, the king's shock troopers, had enormous egos; they were convinced that they were the best warriors ever. Admittedly, that was partially true, for everyone had years of combat experience and special training on top of that. Because they haven’t fought a battle against a tough opponent in quite a while, they’ve become overconfident.

King of the Castle Sweet-Anime-Girl
Character Name: Clara
Username: Destiny's Gate
Race: Half-Human, Half-Snoe Hare
Weapon(s): Telepathy
Magical abilities (if applicable): Telepathy. She can read and project thoughts in the weak-minded. She can influence people's actions this way, and even convince a person they are in intense pain without touching them.
Bio: The illegitimate child of the king, she seeks revenge for what her father did to her mother. She was raised by Julius and helps him with the missions given by the Hard-to-Get Man. Because she is part Snoe Hare, a species that rarely speaks outside of telepathy, she seems quiet and shy. She prefers the cold.

King of the Castle 1133709603_nimeDemon3

Character Name: Belial
Username: SexyDivinerVII
Race/describe race if non-human: Demon
Physical appearance: *see picture*
Weapon(s): A longsword
Magical abilities (if applicable): Control over fire
Short Bio/Character traits: Belial is one of Lucifer's head demons, he is a skilled fighter and one of the only demons trusted to come upon Earth and contact humans. Belial loves to take advantage of Lucifer's 'good' nature and come to Earth just to kill and feast on the living.

King of the Castle AnimeDemon
Character Name: Igni
Username: SexyDivinerVII
Race/describe race if non-human: demon (GOOD GUY)
Physical appearance: *see piccy*
Weapon(s): katana
Magical abilities (if applicable): fire
Short Bio/Character traits: One of the few anti-evil demons that actually exist in Hell, Igni was banished and sent to roam Earth for all his life with no way of getting home. He is now eager to find some way to atone for his race's evil-doings and bring some amount of justice back to the human race.

Last edited by Insectie on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 17 times in total
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

King of the Castle Empty Re: King of the Castle

Post by Insectie Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:41 pm

(I guess I'll start now)
The Hard-To-Get Man looked around at the empty lounge. No one had shown up yet.

"I could have sworn I offered enough money..." he muttered to himself.

Just as he said that the door opened...
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Julius stepped inside, carpet bag of clock parts in one hand and his spear tied to his back. He bowed his head politely to the man. "You called, sir?" he asked.

Clara stood confidently and silently beside Julius. She rarely talked. Snoe Hares hardly ever spoke. She'd let Julius speak for her, as he always did.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:56 pm

"Ah Julius! I knew I could count on you."
He didn't expect him to show up.

Julius had worked for him before, on a few odd jobs, a while back.

"And Clara! My how you've grown!" he said with somewhat feign warmth and caring in his voice, though he did take some interest in the wellbeing of the young girl. Something having to do with not having kids himself most likely.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:59 pm

"No need to be polite," Julius replied bluntly. "What's the job. If it's no good, we're moving on. There are plenty of clocks to fix."

Clara shot a glare at the man and a few choice thoughts as well. Cold, bitter thoughts, ones that would make him shiver despite his strong mind. She didn't like this man. She never had. He was no better than that filthy king.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:11 pm

These two were in such a good mood today. The Hard-To-Get man chuckled to himself once the second of mind-numbing chill had passed.

"Fine fine. All business.

The job, you'll love it... You'll be able to retire and spend all your time with your clocks.

You're not a fan of the monarchy are you?"
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 pm

No emotion was on Julius's face. "You know as well as I how dangerous it is to speak ill of the monarchy," he said vaguely. "What did you have in mind?"
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:29 pm

"Ah but of course," He liked that answer.

"If we get this done, we won't have to worry at all," He scanned the room before he continued, for effect more than anything. This location was swept for bugs right before he came.

"Now my actual plan is simple. We're going to kidnap the King."

He was taking a risk disclosing this, but like all business deals, a calculated risk is involved.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:02 am

That's a tall order for the amount of pay," Julius said. "I want two million more credits added to that reward." Julius wouldn't risk his and Clara's life for the mere four million that had been offered. He looked down at Clara, who nodded in agreement. Not worth the risk.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:36 pm

"I knew I didn't offer enough money..." The hard-to-get man said quietly

"Oh com'on! Don't you want to change the world? Get back at the king? Isn't that payment enough?"

It was his policy not to part with money he didn't need to.

Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 pm

"Then have a nice day, Sir," Julius bowed his head and turned to go.

Clara stuck her tongue out at the man as she took Julius's hand and started walking with him.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:51 pm

"Wait! Six million it is. Six million and a chance to change humanspace."

Seeing as Julius & his companion were his only help, he needed them, even if they came at a high price.

Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Julius smirked to himself. He certainly was the more shrewd businessman. "Very well. We'll do it." He turned. "Any information?"
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:34 am

"Yes, now that money is not an issue we can get down to the other kind of business.

The king hardly leaves his castle, so we'll have to go at it to get at him."

The Hard-To-Get man pulled a square of outlawed paper from his jacket pocket and unfolded it showing the outline of the edifice with its defenses marked.

He continued, "It's very well defended. Those gun turrets shouldn't be a problem, unless we try to approach from the air and get seen."
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 am

"That's no problem," Clara at last said, her voice quiet. "The guards are weak-minded. I can convince them all they see is a bird."

Julius nodded. "We can try a direct approach, too. I'm a Tick Tock. I fix clocks. I'm sure there are clocks to be fixed in a castle that size." Then he added, "And Clara can convince the guards that my spear is a tool to fix clocks with. Can't you?" The child nodded.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:17 pm

(oooohhh... Love the picture. Go ahead.)

"Ah. Yes the Castle has many clocks," he turned to Clara, "And I forgot about your psychic abilities. That makes thing easier. You're right about the guards being weak-minded, though I'm unsure about the Marines."

Looking back at Julius, "So then, that begs the question, what if things get hot? Have you fought Royal Marines before?"
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:20 pm

"I've fought everything from sand worms to guards to those marines you seem to think so highly of. I might not be able to handle a hundred of them, but in a narrow hall there won't be any problem of that."

Clara nodded in agreement. And Marines weren't necessarily strong minded or willed either. They always underestimated her because she didn't look like a Snoe Hare because of her father, who was also the King.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 am

(Feel free to come in anytime Diviner)
"Great. Mercs that can handle themselves are always a good thing.

Marines have ruined a few ops of my own over the years, but I didn't have help like you two."

Exactly how long the Hard-To-Get man has been in 'business' is unknown, but quite a while at the least.

Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:35 am

"If that is all, we'll be on our way." Julius took Clara's hand once more and led her from the building, an abandoned warehouse far from any city. Or more, it used to be in a city the king had decided he didn't like, and so he'd destroyed the place.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Belial's crimson eyes sparkled devilishly as he watched the supposed 'Master' and his little mercenaries. How interesting this role of business was...

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Clara sensed a mind as they left the building and reached out to it, to see what the person's intent was and if necessary convince him that they were just stray cats or something equally harmless. She didn't expect the mental wall she ran into. She looked in the direction of the mind. Who or what was it watching them?

"Julius," she whispered.

The Tick Tock drew his spear. "Who goes there?" he demanded. "What do you want?" He pulled Clara protectively behind him.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:01 pm

The demon chuckled deeply, stepping out from the shadows he was hiding in. He smirked, fangs showing in the new light, his voice dark with amusement of the two, "No need to draw weapons. I will not harm you. No, not at all..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:04 pm

"I pray you won't be offended if I don't put up my spear," Julius replied. "Tell me, why are you here? Who are you?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Belial bent down in a small bow to the other, his wings following his arm movement with one outstretched and the other tucked by his stomach, "My title is Belial. I cannot give the reasons for which I come to Earth, however."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Tentatively, Clara reached out and poked the man's mind again. There was no way in, not even a crack to slip through. A solid defense. "A-are you a mercenary?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next