King of the Castle

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: King of the Castle

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm

"With the rumors of the king I'm sure you've heard, I could understand. Please, come in." He took the other winged being's arm and led him inside the inn. "This is my partner in fixing clocks, Clara," he said, gesturing to the girl in the bunny hat.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:14 pm

The demon followed the young man inside the building and waved at the girl, "Hello, Miss Clara."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:17 pm

"I don't believe I caught your name, though," Julius added calmly.

Clara blushed lightly and bobbed her head in a quick bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:21 pm

(aaah, I'm sorry I keep forgetting to center it!)

"Oh! My apologies. My name is Igni. Uh, what's your name, if I may ask?" The demon turned to look at the other man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

"My name is Julius. I'm a Tick Tock who fixes clocks for a living and does odd jobs on the side." He turned to Clara. "He'll be joining us for dinner."

For the first time ever, Clara questioned Julius's judgement. She could peek into this man's mind enough to tell he wasn't a danger, but she hadn't told Julius that, and there was no way for her to peek into Julius's to see what he was thinking.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Back at his hideaway, the Hard-To-Get man attempted to plan the rest of the op by himself. Ok, well we have an excuse to be in the Castle walking down hallways, the psychic can do some convincing if necessary. If things get hot, Julius can fight as long as he doesn't get surrounded and I'm decently sure the psychic can hold her own. To subdue the king... I think I can get a hold of a few compounds to do that. So now we have the king. We need to get him out... Ah, flight. That man has wings. The AA defenses scan for incoming objects. If we fly low & out, they might not see us. Problem though. They'll be two of them, and plus the king, I'm not sure if he can carry two people, so I'll need to fly too. He looked at his jetpack hanging on the wall of his room, dusty & slightly rusty from at least a year of disuse.

Perhaps. I might have to get my hands dirty here. But for the time being I need to find Julius & fill him in. He's not a local so he'd be at an inn. Hundreds within a fair distance of here. Most though in patrolled areas, half of the rest wouldn't suit him. Time to ask a buddy of mine a favor...

(Has nothing to do with this RP, but here is a description of my Demon lord if you're interested)

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Igni bowed slightly to the two of them, "I thank you very much for being so kind to me, Miss Clara and Mister Julius."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:37 pm

"Wonderful." Julius led them both over to a table and hailed over a server. "What would you both like to eat?" he asked when the server had passed out the menus and walked away.

Clara glanced through the menu and decided. It was easy, since she was a vegetarian. Most Snoe Hares were. "I want a big salad. And some tea." She glanced at their guest and wondered what he would eat.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Igni set the menu on the table, his eyes fixing on the two across the table, "I'll just have water, I don't have much money."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:44 pm

"It's not a problem," Julius insisted. "It's my treat."

Now Clara was seriously wondering what was going on in Julius's mind. He wasn't tight with money, but he rarely took on unnecessary expenses. For a moment, Clara wondered if this man interested Julius, which made her worry that he'd lose focus on their mission. Then when Juslius flashed her a brief thought that this winged man might be able to help them take out the king, she understood.

They would need a friend in high places, literally, when they went to take out the king.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:47 pm

The demon let out a small chuckle, "No, it's okay. I'm not that hungry anyway."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:47 pm

King Lucius smirked as the man started to disappear into the darkness, "Be sure to eliminate them, all traces of mutiny, all traces of life."
The man smiled a little, his teeth glinting in the darkness in a mysterious fanged expression, "Of course my Lord, as you wish." He closed his eyes and left. Lucius turned back to the window, his grin turning into a demented smile, "You think you're going to kill me by having him get close to me? That won't work, my love."

Queen Rositas grinned, leaning on the throne in a vain fashion, licking the remains of her dinner from her beautiful fingers, "Oh? I was sure you'd try something with him. Everyone knows about your lack of...commitment in our relationship."

King Lucius chuckled but did not reply, he would not fuel the succubus' entertainment. He cracked his knuckles, finding this more interesting than her useless goading in order to get him to physically hurt her. He knew of her...other lovers, he knew of her patterns, her habits, her plan to kill him with a rebellion, he knew it all. His own sadistic smile graced his features and he sended the order to all his forces to be alert, on target, and for his special guard to watch the queen, never leave her out of sight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:51 pm

"You're certain?" Julius asked when the server came back. He ordered Clara's tea and salad and a hearty stew for himself. When she left to get together their orders, Julius leaned on the table and gestured for the other two to tighten the circle on the table. Once all three had their heads close, he said, "We need to talk. Later. When no one's listening. Okay?"

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:54 pm

The demon nodded silently to the others before pulling back and sitting in his seat. These two would definatly be interesting to talk to. Maybe they could help him with his mission of helping the humans!

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:56 pm

"So where are you from?" Julius asked conversationally. They had to make this look as normal and natural as possible. A businessman and his client or old friends sharing a meal and a drink.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:58 pm

"Uh..." Igni scratched the back of his head. How could he put this? "Where all demons are from, I guess... What about you two?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 pm

"I come from a Tick Tock city the king burned down years ago in the south. It was a beautiful place. A steampowered city." He smiled to himself. "And Clara here is from a Snoe Hair settlement far to the north. A lovely place. Always snowing."

Clara nodded. That's why I don't talk much, she thought at Igni. What's it like where demons come from?

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:05 pm

The demon smiled softly, "How nice. They both sound like beautiful places."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Clara repeated her question, wondering if the man couldn't hear her mental speaking. That would be odd because even strongminded people could hear her, even if she couldn't peer into their minds or influence them.

"So what's the demon world like? I'd go their to fix some clocks, but I wouldn't know where to begin to get there." Julius chuckled as the server came back with their food and drinks. "Thank you, ma'am," he said politely before the server left.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:15 pm

The demon arched a brow in Clara's direction, "Is that your voice in my head? Or am I going crazy?" He more or less ignored Julius' question as the girl had asked the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Snoe Hares speak this way, usually, Clara replied. We don't like speaking if we don't have to.

"Yes, it's probably Clara," Julius replied. "She's the master at private conversations."

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:19 pm

The Hard-To-Get man stepped into the inn where a fairly reliable source told him Julius was staying. Winged men with clocks get noticed, even in the less human parts of the city. He walked up to the front counter,
"May I help you" said the man behind the desk.
"There's a Julius staying here correct?"
"I'm sorry sir, that information isn't public."
He laid down a few hundred credits on the table, covered mainly by his hand so only the clerk could see.
After a second of searching the computer,
"There is."
"What room number?"
"289"
"Thank you..." The Hard-To-Get man pushed the metal squares into the clerk's hands and turned around.
He'll get fired probably. A local security camera had caught it all. Not my problem. Time to see if Julius is back yet...

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:27 pm

"Uh... Okay, a little odd, but that's coming from me. Hehe." The demon chuckled and smiled at the Hare, "Your species sounds very interesting. I'd like to learn more."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:35 pm

The girl looked away, bluching slightly and looking sad. I'm only half Snoe Hare. My father was as human as they come. She hated to admit it, for she despised the king, but it was the truth.

Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:36 pm

"Well, that can't be bad. Humans are okay." The demon nodded more to himself than anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next