Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP

2 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 Empty Re: All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 HaseoAtoli
Breatrice was really starting to get pissed off with this, though her face didn't show it. She really hoped Loomis was still lying through his teeth about all this.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 Empty Re: All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:52 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 Danica

Danica's light blush quickly turned a deeper shade of red as she clutched the glass that Beatrice had given her tightly. She let out a nervous giggle. She was almost unsure if she even heard his exact words as they seemed so distant and dreamlike to her. Her vision was still hazy, however, she could make out the copper eyes gazing into her emerald orbs.

"I... Thank you, Your Highness," she finally managed to say.

She looked away for a split second, catching a glimpse of something appearing just behind the young king. She knew it was trying to say something, but she could not make out the words. She stood from her chair, wincing slightly from the pain, before narrowing her eyes on the figure that would not fully reveal itself.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 pm

When Danica stood and squinted at something, Beatrice turned as well. She could make out a haze, but couldn't see who or what the ghost was supposed to be. "A ghost," she whispered to Loomis before going to shoo the being away. It would only get in the way of their interrogation. "Shoo. Go away. Go haunt someone else."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 pm

"No! Don't make it leave," Danica pleaded softly, her eyes squinting even more and trying desperately to make out what the figure was saying.

"It's my.... My.... Fault...?" she muttered to herself. "It's my fault?" she said with more confidence.

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 Madelyn-1

"We need to act quickly, but... Are you sure you're in good condition to charge in there tonight? Regius, you may have a fight on your hands!" Madelyn exclaimed.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 800px-Hibiki27s_Magic_characters
Regius took off his glasses and rubbed them tiredly. "I'm afraid it doesn't matter if I'm well enough or not. Someone needs to do something about Loomis. We have to save Danica. My brother is infamous when it comes to prisoners." If they didn't save her soon, he'd kill her once she outlived her usefulness.

Beatrice frowned. She could only hear a muffled babbling from the ghost. Nothing as clear as what Danica could. Well, that proves she's magical. Beatrice poured more water for Danica. "You must be hearing things, dear. Please, drink some water."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Danica accepted the water, taking a drink. The potion in the drink seemed to start taking full effect once more, sinking Danica back into a deeper 'slumber.' She looked back where the ghostly figure was. However, it was already gone.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness," she apologized for her behavior. "Sometimes... I see things... They tend to bother me so."

Madelyn nodded. "You're right," she said. "But maybe.... Maybe you should try to reason with him first? I know Danica well enough to know that she wouldn't want there to be any bloodshed for her sake."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 800px-Hibiki27s_Magic_characters
"I've tried to talk to him for years," Regius said, sinking to the ground. "He doesn't listen. I hope with an army behind me, he will."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:15 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 49da5efd

Loomis froze when Beatrice told him there'd been a spectre in the room, but quickly recovered. Still feigning concern he protested her apology. "No, no need to apologize. Surely it's not your fault, you simply need rest. We can continue later after you've had that and a decent meal." He smiled at her softly.

Moving the few inches closer to her once more, he helped her to her feet. He noticed just how shaky she was when she leaned almost all of her weight o him. Holding onto both her wrist and waist firmly, he beckoned Beatrice over. "Beatrice, would you be so kind as to assist Lady Danica to a room. Shes rather tired as you can see. When you're done be sure to retur to me, there are a few thing for us to discuss."

Loomis, kissed Danicas hand like a true gentleman would, before transferring her little weight to the slightly taller blond. "Til youre well rested once more. M'lady."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 pm

"Of course, Your Highness." Inside though, Beatrice was angry beyond belief. He was expecting her to keep up this charade, then. That meant no killing Danica. Damn.

She helped Danica to a room not too far from the small audience chamber they'd been in, and sat her in a comfortable chair. "I'll send some servants up with your dinner," Beatrice said politely. "If you need anything, just ask. Rest well, my lady."

Her duty with Danica done, Beatrice swiftly left the room so she wouldn't have to deal with the girl any longer. She found Loomis and bowed once more. "You wished to see me, Your Majesty?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:50 pm

After the servants had brought up Danica's meal, she ate it very quickly. She hadn't realized how hungry she truly was until taking the first bite. Now that she was through eating, she paced around the room slowly and gazed at some of the portraits hanging on the walls before stopping at a particular picture of a woman. Danica noted that she was very pretty and looked very familiar to her.

"I wonder... if it's you I'm seeing," she muttered to herself, running a hand over the portrait.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Loomis made a face. "I suppose this means Danica's been dealt with." He stated numbly. He took that time to give the young witch a quick once over. She's beautiful......for a halfling...He thought before getting back on task. "Yes I did. You said something about a spectre in my castle. Was it another spy? Is the castle being haunted? Whats the reason behind this free spirit being here?"

He wanted to know. He needed to. If they were working for his brother then that would change everything. His reign, his plans, what he was doing with Danica, all of it would come to an end should his elder brother have the spirits on his side without his knowing. Telling him any and everything that he needed to know. Perhaps an exorcism would be neccessary...

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 am

"I'm not sure, Your Majesty. While I can see spirits, it's only a faint outline." Beatrice bent her head apologetically. "I don't believe it's one of your brother's spies. From what that girl was saying, I can guess that it's a spirit that has been here for some time and isn't on anybody's side."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Loomis' contorted in a look of confusion. "A free spirit...serving neither my brother or myself.....and it's merely roaming about?" He was really confused now. First of all, who would be haunting the castle? Dont they have better thing to do that skulking around the stony walls. It also made him wonder how long said ghost had been wanderingthe halls at night or whatever time of day ghosts fancied.

He quickly pused those thoughts away. He needed to focus on the task at hand. "Do you know of its intentions? Danica was muttering some nonsense about someone being at fault. If this distraction persists have it exorcised. I dont give a damn who it is or was. It could be the Queen, just get rid it when the need arises."

With a sigh he held his head in one hand, todays actvities were giving him the start of a headache. Rubbing at his temples he sat in his throne, eyes closed as he asked. "Is there anything that should be dealt with before Danica's return? Anything I should know?"

{Lol, irony?}

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:41 pm

"I will call a priest to exorcize the spirit right away," Beatrice said calmly. "There is nothing else. If anything should arise, I will alert you as soon as I'm aware."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:23 pm

"Good. I'll send for you upon her return." He stated tiredly. Chocolate opened once more to rest on the blonds pale skin. "You may leave, Beatrice." Loomis' eyes seeme glued to the witch he so claimed to hate. Of course before questioning his hate for her he simply reasoned that love wasnt needed to lust.

{He'll never say it aloud though~....Or maybe I'll make him just a bit late~ }

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:27 pm

"Of course, Your Majesty." Beatrice bowed again and then left. She went back to her room and began her usual magic work for the castle. There seemed to be no end to the necessary potions to clean bloodstains out of shirts or off swords, minor magics so various maids wouldn't get pregnant, the usual. She always had far to much to do, it seemed.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:49 pm

It was late afternoon as Danica slowly rose up from the bed. She let out a yawn and stretched her arms before opening her eyes. She jumped slightly in shock, gazing around the room in confusion. The last thing she could remember was being held down in the dungeon by Loomis, forced to drink something.

"The truth serum..." she muttered, panicked.

She quickly pulled the blankets off of her and got out of bed. She caught her reflection in the mirror, noticing that many of the cuts and bruises that she had sustained were no longer there, leading her to examine the rest of her body. They were gone and she barely felt anymore pain. She clutched the necklace hanging around her neck.

"Thank you, Taelin," she whispered.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Beatrice looked at the clock and sighed. She'd have to force Danica to drink more of the syrum if she were to be useful. She picked up another bottle of syrum and went to Danica's room. "Hello, Danica dear," she said. "I'm sure you've noticed what happens if you refuse to drink this delightful little potion. So either you do, or I force you. Your choice."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Danica's eyes narrowed. "So, you haven -" She paused midsentence, feeling a chill run through her body. She clutched her head, staggering backwards slightly.

"What are you trying to tell me?" she stated through clenched teeth.

A few seconds later, Danica gazed back up at Beatrice with a fearful look on her face and walked forward, "Please, may I talk to the king without you having to drug me?" she pleased softly.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm

The witch frowned. "Oh, so you're willing to talk now? If you try to lie, we'll know." She turned to a servant. "Go get His Majesty. Tell him she's willing to talk without being drugged." Beatrice, meanwhile, sat in a chair to wait patiently.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:43 pm

The servant did as she was told. She walked into the throne room and bowed down.

"Your Majesty, she's willing to talk without being drugged," the servant stated.

Meanwhile, Danica glared at Beatrice before walking over to the portrait of the woman. She pointed at it with her right index finger. "Is this Queen Adelaide," she asked the witch.

After awhile, Madelyn had decided to keep a lookout for the king's men along the outskirts of the forest. When she spotted some, she was quickly able to lead them into the wrong direction by scaring them. She let out a snicker, watching as they ran off on their horses. However, one did not.

"Huh? What?" she cried out, watching as the man headed into the right direction. He was just mere inches from her and smirked.

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 Chess_knight

"Dear ghost, I know that you are near. You're antics will not fool me," Nathaniel stated. "I would just like to speak with my dear old friend Regius. Run off and give him the message that his old friend Nathaniel would like to have a word with him."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Loomis didn't even know that he'd zoned out until he heard a frail servant girl's voice calling out to him. He listened as she relayed Beatrice's message.

He stood, walking to the room the both females were in. When he made it he quickly opened the doors, his earlier facade completely nonexistent. Afterall she wasnt drugged, where would pretending get him under the circumstances? Meeting Danica's stare with one of his own, he smirked.

"I'm told that you want to speak with me. What compells you?"
[b]

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 Unicorn1
When Madelyn returned and gave the message, Taelin frowned as best a unicorn could. "This doesn't sound right. It could be a trap."

"But what choice do I have?" Regius asked him. "He's heading in the right direction. He never was an easy one to fool." He stood and brushed his pants off. "I'll go say hello and see what he wants. Maybe he wants to join us. Who knows." He thought for a moment, then said, "Taelin, Madelyn, stay near me. We may have to flee in a hurry."

He walked through the forest to where his old friend stood. "It's been a long time, Nathaniel," he said. "What can I do for you?"

"Yes, that is Queen Adelaide," Beatrice replied, a little bored.

When Loomis walked in, however, she leapt to her feet.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Once Loomis had entered, Danica bowed politely. "Your Majesty, if I may... Would be be all right if we spoke alone?" she asked. "I promise I am not up to anything."

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 9 Chess_knight

"Ah, Regius," Nathaniel said with a small smirk. "It's so good to see you again. It's been quite a long time." He slowly got off of his horse, walking closer to Regius and extending his hand.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Regius took his hand and shook it. "May I ask why you wanted to see me? I doubt it was to say hello to an old friend." He didn't want to be suspicious, but what else could he do? Nathaniel was working for his brother now.

Beatrice glared at the girl. "Your Majesty! She could prove dangerous. We don't really know what powers she has besides the ability to see ghosts."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next