Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

+5
Noelle's December
Gold Chocobo
JupiterLightning
Destiny's Gate
Insectie
9 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 2 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 pm

I had to change the channel on Glee. It really torked me off.

They were trying to say West Side Story is about sexual awakening. No way in HELL is it about that. I did an entire report on Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story, and a few other stories based on Romeo and Juliet, and never once in ANY of the materials I used mentioned "sexual awakening" as being a key archetype or theme in any version I analyzed. Two divided peoples coming together in pure, untainted love? Totally. Children suffering for parents' mistakes? Heck yes. Sex? Glossed over in R&J for them to consummate their union.

I call total bull on Glee. >_<
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 2 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Yeah. Like I said. Glee has become nothing but about sex, sex, and more sex. R&J and Westside Story are not about sex! Yes, it's about romance but it's the innocent kind of romance.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:23 pm

That's part of the archetypes, innocent romance.

I really think they're just bending this musical to whatever they want, not what it's really about. You did what?! It really annoys me to no end.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 pm

My old high school is actually doing West Side Story for the musical this spring. XD

But yeah. I stopped watching a long time ago. I think its purpose was lost well into the second season. The first season was so much better.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 pm

What The Fox? I've got to wonder what they were thinking with this one. They totally veered off course.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Apparently I have an essay due in my intro to lit class on the 17th and the assignment has yet to be posted online and it's the 14th. I freaking swear if she doesn't post it until Wednesday, imma be a very angry person.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:40 am

ughhh I was kind of excited for the live action Akira, but Kristen Stewart got offered a lead role. ><

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 pm

Akira isn't all that great to begin with. At least, I think we're talking about the same Akira. That's the one where the motorcycle was cooler than the main character, wasn't it?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Yeah. It isn't that great, but I was open to them making a live action movie.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:29 pm

The hardcore fans they're planning to go to the movie (because that did have a cult following) won't buy tickets because the cast isn't Japanese and the audio won't be Japanese with subtitles. Laughing
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Yeah. It's going to happen. No doubt about it. It's been in production hell for the last few years anyway. It'll end up being a dud and will be long forgotten, which is the same thing that happened to Speed Racer.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:37 pm

I was at a four way stop sign and I stopped before this school bus and I was turning left and I didn't realize the bus had stopped to let kids off. I was already in the middle of the intersection when I saw the doors open and I never saw the sign. ><

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:48 pm

If it makes you feel any better, while I was driving someone had parked on the side of the street and threw open the door without even looking that there was a car behind her and got out. I had to slam on the breaks not to hit her or take her door of and the person behind me slammed on the horn.

On the bright side, I saw him flip off the lady who threw open the door.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:54 pm

lol awesome! I got honked at, but whatever. I stopped before he stopped so I just went without realizing he was stopping to let kids out. He shouldn't stop right up at the sign like that.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:21 pm

They always do, though. *sigh* Even here.

The one I hate is that there's a bus that drops kids off at the top of my street, and then TURNS DOWN MY STREET to turn around. The kids it drops off up there live on my street. Why can't the bus drop them off further down the street?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:20 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-31/director/warner-death-note-is-still-in-the-works

I have faith in this director, because he truly wants to stay true to the source material it seems. However, the whole point of Death Note is ruined if they want to take Ryuk out (the whole origin of the Death Note is then lost) and if they want to make Light the good guy the whole way through. If you make Light good throughout the entire movie, then you lose the whole fallen hero aspect, which is what makes the story intriguing to begin with.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:19 pm

But what made Death Note different was that it was told from the Bad Guy's point of view...
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Grawr! Ricki on Dancing with the Stars got third. THIRD! She was the best one on the show!!!!! And Kardashian (I doubt I spelled that right) beat her?

LIES I TELL YOU!
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:19 pm

I've had such crappy teachers this semester. >< terrible at answering emails from students.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:31 pm

If it makes you feel any better, the TA for my one class is absolutely terrible.

"So, the ideerz of dis probrem izzzz dat..."

If you've ever seen "A Christmas Story...":
"FARARARARA! RARA...RA...RA!"
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm glad I have yet to have a class with a TA

Anyway, my professor is saying that our big research paper is due tomorrow although on the syllabus, it clearly says December 7th and she hasn't even graded the outlines yet.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Jeez. When you have to fill out a course evaluation, make sure to mention that.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:33 pm

People are so impatient!!!!

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Oh noes. What happened this time?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Over it.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum