Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissonant Melody

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 Empty Re: Dissonant Melody

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 29018839e33a13cee61f9a45c0826e08
"Alright, if there're no more questions, let's begin."

As you all lay down in the pods, the hatches begin to seal you in. At first, there is a slight tingling feeling in your temples. Then, your whole body goes numb and you doze off. As you wake up, you find yourself in a large empty white room. Suddenly you hear a voice echoing from above.

"User download complete. Bringing up Field Map..."

A few seconds later, a static haze comes up, turning the landscape into a small dark tunnel.

"Simulation begin. Proceed with caution."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:01 pm

After a few seconds of waiting for the program to launch, Sosuke began speaking.
"Alright everyone, remember to stay close to me at all times. The traps in here are pretty deadly, though they won't actually hurt you. You only have three chances, so make them count. Now then, let's get star..."
As he turned his head back to speak to them, his eyes squinted.
"What do you know? Here's the first trap: Indiana Jones style boulder!"
After saying this he turned around, let out a large "GO" and began running down the sloped tunnel.

(everyone post what you are thinking as you run, or just be an idiot and stand there... XD whatever you want)

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 O-ore_no_imouto_ga_konnani_kawaii_wake_ga_nai
"We've got to run?" whined Saria. "I hate running!" She was glad she'd worn her sneakers today rather than those cute heals she'd purchased over the weekend.

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 FightTogether
Kai rolled his eyes. Never in his field experience had they ever had to flee a boulder like this. Jump out of the way of boulder-like projectiles? certainly, but run from a rolling rock? Never. Regardless, though, he ran anyway.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:54 am

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 DarkerThanBlackHei01a907e089cc2a8fb7e4d1972d8cb270-1
Lin saw the boulder and ran as fast as he could, which put him somewhere in the middle of the pack of fleeing recruits. If I only had my powers I could stop that thing in its tracks...

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 DB42-1-1
Seven liked this challenge. He engaged his hover-jets and took off faster than anyone. He glided right over a spiky pit in the floor. "Ha! I bet you all wish you were a robot right now!" He then flew right into a pair of spinning blades that popped out of the ceiling, barley avoiding them.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:25 am

"This is so not cool!" Saria shouted, dodging and weaving around the obstacles. Thank god she'd taken so many dance and gymnastics classes.

Kai was far less graceful than Saria, even though he'd been working with the organization for a while. He dived through things, just barely missing them, and collapsed to safety, panting. "When have we ever done anything like this on a mission?" he snapped at Sosuke.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:01 am

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 31261063daa467fd51eca2a8a3864b26
Clyde remained silent. Likewise, he had taken off quickly and was next after Unit 07. He abruptly stopped before the obstacles, as if he is waiting for someone else before he clears it off.

The straight face that he spotted during that period was wiped off as he smirks. "Hey! Setsu-chan~ Hurry up~! The last one will be toast! Race ya from this point onwards!"

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 Black+Rock+Shooter+Anime+wallpaper+2
She. Is not amused.

She knew full well that she'll use up one of her "life" when she saw the boulder. Nevertheless, she took off... as fast as she can. Lagging behind the rest of the group, she figured that she'll also take note what happens as she attempted to pick up speed. Until that obnoxious redhead "challenged" her.

She was up last, close to where the obstacles courses are. Behind, the boulder is nowhere further than it was before. Inside, she is quaking from the close "death" she will be facing, but that redhead still kept his Cheshire grin. Glaring back at the smirking redhead, she grumbled sarcastically.

"And may the best man wins."

"Likewise~"
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:12 am

After dodging through an assortment of traps, including spikes, flamethrowers, and spinning saw-blades, (and with the boulder still behind everyone) you all finally see what appears to be the exit off in the distance.
"Alright! Full speed ahead!"
Sosuke dashes forward, slightly ahead of everybody else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Kai brought up the rear, hustling their people through obstacles. There was no time limit, but the traps only got harder if one hesitated. No one had died yet, but it was only a matter of time. The last trap was always hardest.

"Watch up ahead!" Saria called. "There'll be another trap!" All video games had one last trap before the end, and with a straight corridor like this, it was a guarantee. "If I had to guess, the floor will collapse under whoever steps on it, throwing 'em into a pit of spikes."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:51 am

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 DarkerThanBlackHei01a907e089cc2a8fb7e4d1972d8cb270-1
Lin was moving as fast as he could. The traps were difficult, pushing his body, and they would only get harder. But he really wanted this job so he stuck with it and kept going.

Dissonant Melody - Page 2 DB42-1-1
Seven's predictive logic center told him there would be a huge trap at the end, so he slowed down slightly to let someone pass him so they could hit it first and let him know what it is. The second most likely possibility, according to his forward-thinking program, was that there would be no big trap and everyone would get a hotdog dinner instead.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:39 am

Poke

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:54 pm

I think this one's dead. Want me to lock it up for you?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 am

yeah I guess so. oh well...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: