Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 Empty Re: This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:28 pm

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 72533

Edward pulled a deck of cards from his pocket, starting to deal it out between the two of them. He loved to play Poker, even if he did secretly cheat by having good cards up his sleeve. He finished dealing and looked at his cards: all junk. He then said,

"Probably another hour or two."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:02 pm

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 _al

Al always loved to play games with his brother regardless if he won or lost.
"Yay! I don't care how long it takes now. I'll take two please."
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Quote : I want to be the very best! (You know the rest!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:09 am

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 Luke_p17
Luke frowned, as he was very bored.
"Flora, how much longer?" Luke asked Flora since Prof. Layton was asleep.
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Quote : LOOK A SUPER MODEL! LOOK A HOVER BOARD! LOOK THE APOCALYPSE!

http://kawaii-cupcake-queen.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:06 pm

As the train ride slowly ended, Edward laid down a royal flush hand. He cheated of course, but there was no way he was telling Al. He stretched as the train came to a stop and got up with a yawn,

"Let's go Al," he said as they exited out. Soon enough, they were standing in front of the pyramid, which Edward gazed at with his hand on his chin, "this is a strange place for a pyramid. That has to mean something."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 pm

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 After_the_Curious_Village-1
"Can't be much longer," Flora said, opening the window and leaning out. "Ah! We're here! I can see the station!"

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 After_the_Curious_Village
Layton started at the shout. "Oh, I must have nodded off," he said, adjusting his hat.

The train slowed to a halt. Professor Layton pulled their stuff down from overhead and passed the suitcases around. "Everyone have everything?" he asked. Everything seemed in order, so he headed off the train with Flora and Luke close behind.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Al gazed upon the pyramid in wonder. "Gee brother what could be inside that thing? You can feel the aura being given off by it... Who knows what we'll run into."
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Edward nodded,

"Yep! Well the entrance looks blocked. Well, like I've always said, if there's no entrance," he clapped his hands together, "then make one!" He said as he put his hands against the wall, making an eloquent door decorated with intricate pictures of snakes. He grinned to himself, thinking it fit the pyramid perfectly, and opened up the door,

"Whoa, dark." He grabbed a branch from outside and used alchemy to light it on fire, looking around, "for a pyramid, everything seems a bit modern in here."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:10 am

Al took one step inside as the clang of his metal shoe echoed throughout the darkness.

"Eee this is kinda creepy... Your right brother why would there be metal inside a pyramid like this..."
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:32 pm

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 Luke_p18
Luke gazed in wonder at the towering pyramid before him; the open entrance caught his eye, striking him as unusual.
"Professor, is that entrance supposed to be open?"
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:45 am

Professor Layton looked over the pyramid, and then around. "Perhaps the excavation crew went inside," he suggested. Still, something was off about this dig site. There wasn't anything that stood out as belonging at an excavation.

"We'll take a quick peek inside," Layton decided, unable to control his curiosity any longer. "Be careful, and don't touch anything. Stay close."

Flora followed close behind Layton, gripping Luke's sleeve tightly. This place gave her the creeps, especially when they turned the corner and the light from outside was gone. A few more steps, and they saw a faint light a ways up. She could hear voices up ahead, two male voices. She looked up at the Professor, and her grip on Luke tightened. Truth be told, she was terrified.

"Hello!" Layton called. His voice echoed off the walls. "I'm Professor Layton, of Gressenheller University. I received your letter." He assumed it was the excavation crew up ahead, but he was posed to fight if it turned out he was wrong.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:23 am

"Yeah, I have to agree Al," Ed said, examining the place more closely, "there's no way this is ancient. If you listen carefully, you can hear electricity lines somewhere in here. I bet if we look carefully, we'll find the power box." He explained, thinking of his options more in depth before he heard a voice. He turned to see a small party of people, a man, a woman, and a child. He stared at them for a few moments before saying,

"What letter are you talking about pal!?"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:11 pm

"My apologies," Professor Layton said, in some surprise. "Are you not the excavation crew?"

The two standing before the group of Brits were extremely different. One was short with blond hair, certainly no older than sixteen. The other was in armor, and so there was no way to tell the age. Dressed the way they were and without any of the required supplies, they couldn't be excavators. "Pardon me, but... if you're not here for excavation, who are you? And why are you here?"

Flora looked around the room, then thought of something. She pulled out of her bag a flashlight and clicked it on, giving them all a better idea of where they now stood. "What is all this?" she asked. "Pyramids don't look like this on the inside normally, do they?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Fri May 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Al didn't know to trust these seemly harmless folk in front of him so he kept it careful.

"Well my name is Alphonse, Al for short. We're researcher's in search of mysterious stones. I'm talking back at our far away base, this suit of armor is being remotely controlled."

Al didn't want to give away their identities or the fact they know alchemy just yet until they learned more about these short British people in front of them.
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Sun May 13, 2012 10:37 am

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 Luke_p19
"Hello there," Luke responded, "my name is Luke." Luke glanced at the boy next to the suit of armor. "Who might you be?"
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 am

Edward agreed with Al on this stand point, he wouldn't tell him what his last name was, or the fact he was a state alchemist. He looked around, to answer Flora's question, although a slight tinge of annoyance was noticeable in his voice,

"Pyramids were created out of stone, because the people then had no idea how to create any type of steal. It's obvious that this was recently built. Look at the bolts in the wall, there's no trace of rust at all, which is strange, because the ceiling has some cracks were water can get in. You can also see security measures taken, measures that the people then couldn't possibly know. The people in those days made tunnels and traps that led to nowhere, but nothing like this," He explained, "I'm Ed." He said, suprisingly not loosing his cool yet.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat May 26, 2012 7:31 am

Flora curtsied politely. "Nice to meet you. My name is Flora."

"A pleasure to meet you both," Layton said, tipping his hat to them. It didn't surprise him that the armor was controlled remotely. After his many adventures, especially the visit to the curious village St. Mystere, he wouldn't have been surprised if the armor was an AI program.

"The real question is, why would someone go to the trouble to make this place look like a pyramid?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Wed May 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Al pondered for a little "That's a good question... I was expecting us to be going into an old sarcophagus and stuff like that. Perhaps they made it like a pyramid so that people would be afraid to enter thinking its coursed or something. What is going on in here?"

"These people seem friendly and smart... we should tag along with them perhaps we'll discover more with them."
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:27 am

Layton crossed his arms thoughtfully. "Yes, a curse would keep most out, but archaeologists don't believe in curses. It wouldn't have worked very long. Though, what they're doing here is beyond me. I have a degree in archaeology and a penchant for puzzles, but I don't know much about engineering or general sciences." He took another look around the hall. "Have you been farther down the hall?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:20 am

"Not yet, but, you can all head on home," Edward said stubbornly, "I got this handled. I don't need help. Come on Al." He started to walk down the hall, but he turned when he didn't hear the suit of armor falling behind him. He could read his brother's body language, even if there really wasn't a body there. He let out a heavy sigh,

"Alright. We'll all go explore further down this hall."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 am

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 Luke_p20
"Professor, this pyramid gives me a bad feeling..." Luke admitted as they walked down the hallway.
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:07 am

"It worries me as well." Flora looked around at the metal walls. They were following Edward and Alphonse, even though they'd been told not to. The professor was quite curious about what this was all about, and Flora wasn't about to leave his side. Neither was Luke.

The professor took up Flora's flashlight and led the way. There wasn't anything that stood out except for the fact none of it should be in a pyramid. Then, ahead of Edward and Alphonse, he spotted something strange. "Wait a moment!" he called, running to catch up. He stopped when he reached the thing he'd noticed. "Look." He pointed at the floor.

The room widened at the end of the hall. On the other side, the hallway continued. Inside the strange room was a tiled floor nothing like the rest of the pyramid they'd seen so far. It was like something out of an Indiana Jones movie, with the stone tiled floor, a few with numbers. The Professor looked over them, frowning. "A puzzle in a pyramid? These sorts of things only are in the movies..."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:20 pm

"I doubt they are real traps," Ed said not really thinking, since he was feeling a bit hot headed, "I'm sure they are fake." He stepped on a block, and an arrow shot out. He used his automail arm to shield himself,

"Damn! They are real!" He responded, before grinning, "that means SOMETHING is beyond this point!"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:27 pm

The Professor looked down at Luke. "Do you happen to have a notepad?" he asked, then surveyed the room again. "My guess is that we have to step on each tile in a specific order. That means each one only once. The numbered ones give us a clue as to the order necessary to get across the room. So, if we draw out the layout of the room, and mark the ones with their number, we should be able to find the correct route."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 am

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 2 Luke_p21
Luke checked one pocket, then the other before pulling a notepad and pencil from it. He flipped it open and put pencil to paper, saying,
"Whenever you're ready, Professor!"
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 am

"Right." Layton took up the notepad and pencil and sketched out a map of the room. Then he began numbering each tile so that he hit every already numbered tile at the right time and reached the other side of the room. It took all of five minutes. "That should do it," he said, double checking the results. He then took the first step.

The tile sunk in, and no arrows shot out. When he stepped off to the next tile, the previous didn't return to its original state. It stayed pressed down. "Right. So if I cross the floor in the correct order, you all should be able to just cross straight to the door. One moment." He continued zigzagging the floor, stepping carefully, until he reached the other side. The final tile pressed down, and the trap was disarmed.

"It should be safe now," he called. "Though..." He looked around the room. There were enough oddities here to look at for the moment.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum