Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Error of My Ways

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Error of My Ways Empty The Error of My Ways

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 26, 2011 9:17 pm

The Error of My Ways

After Chihiro has been rewarded her freedom, Haku warns her to not look back after crossing the river. Seems simple, right? But what if Chihiro did in fact look back? She is once again sucked back into world of spirits and has no choice but to remain at the bath house in Yubaba's grasp. It's up to Haku and the rest of Chihiro's friends to save her and return her home safely, but at what cost?

Rules:
1. Limit two characters per RPer
2. Everyone is welcome to throw in a minor character if needed at a particular time
3. For further rules, refer to the official site rules.
4. As always, have fun!

Characters:
Chihiro: JupiterLightning
Haku: Destiny's Gate
Yubaba/Zeniba: JupiterLightning
No Face:kuroshikei
Lin: kuroshikei
Kamajii:
Boh:

Last edited by JupiterLightning on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

The Error of My Ways Empty Re: The Error of My Ways

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:00 pm

The Error of My Ways Chihiro-1

Chihiro had done it. She had passed Yubaba’s test. She was finally going to go back to where she belonged and be with her parents. As she walked, she so desperately wanted to turn around and thank those who had helped her along the way, especially a certain river spirit. However, the river sprit had told her not to look back.

If she looked back, she wouldn’t be able to return to her home and her family. But Haku and Lin and all of the others who had kindly helped her were family as well, right? Chihiro stopped walking. She couldn’t do it. She didn’t want to leave. She wanted to be with him.

The girl turned around slowly, not thinking of the consequences. She had looked back and right at the person who told her not to do this.

There was a wicked cackle and then a strong gust of wind. Chihiro gasped in surprise as the wind began pushing her forward against her will, sucking her back into the world of the mysterious bathhouse. She wasn’t going home now.

She lost sight of the boy and screamed out his name, hoping that he was there still.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:32 pm

The Error of My Ways Spirited_Away__Haku_and_Kohaku
Haku watched as Chihiro walked away, relieved that at last she was safe and going home, and saddened that he wouldn't see her again. Even when he escaped Yubaba's control--it was no longer a question of if--he would not be able to see her again. He'd simply be a spirit residing in this world until he could find a new home in the human world, which could take a good millennium or two.

When Chihiro stopped, Haku frowned. What was she doing? She should have been heading home, away from this place! But he didn't say a word. If she turned back...

And then she did.

A strong gust of wind whipped around them, pulling her back into this world, shackling her once more. Haru, meanwhile, was pushed away from her, back into Yubaba's office. He grunted in pain, rubbing the back of his head where he'd hit it on the floor.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:02 pm

The Error of My Ways Yubaba

Yubaba was sitting in her usual spot at the desk, puffing on a cigarette. She stared at Haku in silence for a moment before letting smoke exhale through her nostrils, surrounding the water spirit. Her lips then curled into a devilish smile.

"I cannot believe you'd make such an error by forgetting to tell her to not look back. How foolish of you," she stated. "But everything works in my favor once more, I suppose..."

The Error of My Ways Chihir10

Chihiro groaned, opening her eyes. The last thing she could remember was the wind carrying her off before she had passed out along the way. She gazed around. It was pitch black. Panicked, she stood up abruptly and looked around.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" she called out, on the verge of hyperventilating. "Haku? Are you there?" But there was no reply.

She began to make her way through the darkness, stumbling a bit as she did so. It was too dark to see a thing, but she wasn't about to let that stop her. She had to find Haku or someone that could help her.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:18 pm

"What have you done with Chihiro?" Haku demanded, not bothering to mention that he had, in fact, told Chihiro not to look back. He was bristling. If he were in his dragon form, he'd have bitten the witch's head off. He was mad. Really mad.

"Where is she?!"
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:24 pm

The Error of My Ways Yubaba10

Yubaba let out a laugh. "Calm down, you idiot. She's fine. She's in the basement, that's all. You can go to her if you'd like, but she'll have to figure out how to free herself from this place once again on her own, but I seriously doubt she'll succeed. Foolish girl." Yubaba paused before making a shooing motion with her hand. "Leave. Our business together here is through."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Haku became a dragon in a split second and was glaring down his nose at Yubaba from across the desk. "You bet it is," he growled in a voice that sounded nothing like his human form's. He then spun around on his human feet and stormed out.

He made his way down the stairs and through Kamaji's boiler room. The old spirit didn't look at him nor say anything, and Haku did the same. He went through another door and walked down into the dark basement.

"Chihiro?" he called into the darkness. "Chihiro, listen to me. Your agreement to go home with your parents has been nullified. You're still stuck here, but," and here there was some relief in his voice, "but you aren't working for Yubaba anymore. You just can't go home to the human world until we find another way."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:59 pm

The Error of My Ways Char_15201
Life went back to as per normal.
Well, as normal as it can be.

No. She refused to admit that she still missed Chihiro. For that little girl brings trouble for her. Chihiro is able to go back to where she belonged.

Lin went back to work. Thinking about that does not help.

kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 pm

The Error of My Ways Chihir11

Chihiro perked up at the sound of Haku's voice, listening and heading toward it at the same time until she had bumped into him.

She gazed up at him, guilty for disobeying his instructions to begin with. "I'm so sorry, Haku. I shouldn't have looked back. Is there even another way I can get out of here?" she asked.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Haku bit his lip. To be honest, he didn't think there was, but he wasn't going to disappoint Chihiro. "If there is," he said, choosing his words carefully, "Yubaba wouldn't tell me. We'll have to find someone else."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:13 pm

The Error of My Ways Chihir12

Chihiro looked down, thinking for a moment, before her face lit up. "I know! We can go to Zeniba. She'd know what to do. And maybe we can have Lin help, too."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 am

"Do you really think Lin will be any help?" Haku asked, unsure. He'd only met Lin in passing a few times, and every one of those times she'd made faces at his back. "Well, I suppose we could ask her."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:48 pm

The Error of My Ways Chihir13

Chihiro nodded. "We should go find her, but..." Chihiro gazed down, "we need to go find her after hours. I bet Yubaba will throw a fit if we go now. Unless we can be sneaky about it."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:39 am

"Oh, I can be sneaky," Haku said with a wink. He led Chihiro out of the dark basement. "Stay with Kamaji. I'll go get Lin."

It didn't take long for Haku to find Lin cleaning a bath. He tapped her shoulder. "Lin, there seems to be a problem in the boiler room. Mind coming with me to fix it?"

Last edited by Destiny's Gate on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:16 pm

She frowned. Haru asking her? What for?

"A problem in the boiler room? What was the problem?"
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:02 am

Haku said, "A Chihiro problem."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:31 am

"Chi-!" Her eyes now widened, She quickly stopped her... outburst. Chihiro is still here?!

She quickly reverted her composure. There is no need for anyone else to see the sudden change. Thank goodness she had just finished cleaning the bath. "Very well. I'll go."
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:03 am

Haku nodded and led the way back down to the boiler room. As they passed, some of the people working looked up but shrugged it off. While Haku had seemed different when he'd returned with Chihiro, he still had to be under contract. Wasn't he?

The two reached the boiler room without being stopped once. "Chihiro, we're back."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:22 pm

The Error of My Ways Chihir14

Chihiro smiled and ran toward Lin, practically glomping her. "I'm so glad you're here. We need to go to Zeniba's to see if there's a way I can get home. Will you come with us?" she asked.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:58 am

...!!
Lin did not expect Chihiro to run straight towards her, but the question had her troubled.

I have to come with her...? Why for...? Besides, there are more pressing issues to be dealt with. Such as the "missing" staff.

"...Haku. How about Yubaba? I don't think I can just go with Chihiro just like that. More importantly, how about you?"

kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:33 pm

"I suppose you could say I'm off the payroll," Haku replied. "And I can make sure she doesn't even notice you're gone. That's not difficult. So how about it? Are you coming with us?""
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:08 am

"I'll take your word for it. I'll go."
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:11 pm

The Error of My Ways Chihir15

Chihiro smiled, relieved that she had two good friends on her side despite her horrendous mistake. "Thank you so much, Lin!" she exclaimed happily as she bowed her head down slightly.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:27 am

Haku started for the door. "I'll have to set up and get a few things before we go. Wait here."

Once he was out the doorway, he headed for the girl's servants quarters. The girls had already left for work, so Haku quickly enchanted a pillow that would cough occasionally and stuffed it in Lin's futon. It would respond with basic phrases, such as, "Go away," "I'm sick," and "Don't worry about me" in Lin's voice. It would be enough to get Lin out of there, but perhaps not enough to keep her out of trouble. He supposed they'd have to break Lin's contract as Chihiro had done for him. That was the only way out of it, though what Lin's name was, even he didn't know.

Next, he went to his own room, which was entirely his own, and grabbed extra clothing and some food for them. They wouldn't need much if he flew them away. Just some emergency supplies, really.

He returned to Chihiro and Lin moments later with the small sack over his back. "Here," he said, handing it to Chihiro. "Let's get going."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm

The Error of My Ways Chihir16

"Okay," Chihiro stated as she took the sack.

She looked around nervously, hoping that they weren't being watched or something. She hoped that everything would go according to plan. She inhaled, then exhaled a slow breath, and gave a small nod, showing that she was ready to leave.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum