Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life is never easy

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Life is never easy - Page 2 Empty Re: Life is never easy

Post by kuroshikei Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:10 am

Life is never easy - Page 2 -73-1
"Hmm~ Okay. Eh? Wait- What did you just said? 'Sorting'? I thought-" she stopped instantly. Pausing for a moment, she tried again.

"What 'Sorting'...? Can you explain further...?"
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:26 am

Life is never easy - Page 2 Jeffor10

Jeffory thought about the situation for a long time. He honestly had no idea what house he would end up in. Although, ever since his brother and he received letters from Hogwarts, he felt rather unsure about the entire situation. He thought for sure that something would be wrong, he just had that deep feeling in his gut. He was right. His brother and he would be placed in different houses,

"I'm not really sure. My parents are wizards, although my mother never went to Hogwarts. Before she could go she ended up getting sick. She didn't want to go once she got better, so my father taught her magic outside of Hogwarts, even though it wasn't exactly legal." He said in a comfortable tone.

"Jeffory, no one needs to know about us. Your tongue is too loose when you're talking to people." Jayden scolded.

"Ehh? You're so mean..."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Life is never easy - Page 2 Animem16

"Ooooh. So werewolves are real! My little brother doesn't think they are, but now I have proof! Well, sort of. Heh heh. I think he believes in anything now after seeing that a got a letter to go to a Witchcraft and Wizardry school. He's pretty jealous about it, actually."

Life is never easy - Page 2 Aaaaaa16

"You get placed into one of the four houses based on your personality and desires pretty much. That's all I really know. Oh, and a talking hat does it," Xander explained. "I guess it's pretty simple. We'll see."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:37 am

Life is never easy - Page 2 Kairi-kingdom-hearts-144312
"Most of the magical creatures humans have heard about are real. And a whole bunch they've never heard of. Just avoid the Blast-Ended Scruits. Those things are terrible." She shuddered at the thought. Well, she hadn't exactly seen any of the little blood-sucking bugs, but she'd heard enough about them to know to avoid them.

It was starting to get dark outside the windows of the train. Emma opened the window and poked her head out. "Hey! I can see the castle! Look!"

Life is never easy - Page 2 Violin_Allen-1
Will swallowed hard. The one twin scared him while the other... well, he could probably get along well with the other. Maybe. He glanced out the window and his eyes widened. "Is that Hogwarts?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:08 am

Jeffory smiled, looking at the large castle in awe as well. He couldn't believe how huge it was. He had seen it in plenty of pictures in books and newspapers, but in person that it was so much bigger. He let out a happy cry of joy,

"Ooh! It's so big! It's really big," he said with a happy grin, for he had never imagined the place to be so large and magical, "it's much bigger then what I saw in the pictures!"

Jayden, although he didn't seem as excited as Jeffory, seemed generally interested in the Hogwarts school as well. He gazed at it through a window, but he wasn't up close. He sighed, for after a good minute or two he felt bored of the school. He pulled his twin back onto the seat with a sigh,

"Control yourself. You're getting all excited over nothing."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Life is never easy - Page 2 AnimeBoy4
Desmond was about to answer her when he glanced out the window.
"Woah..."
Hogwarts Castle, he thought. It's huge!

Life is never easy - Page 2 Untitled-7
Lena, at first, was puzzled by his response, but then looked out the window. She, however, was not looking at the castle. She had her attention focused on a giant squid that was flopping around in the lake. Her eyes widened and began to sparkle with interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Life is never easy - Page 2 Animem17

Marjorie stood and looked into the window. There it was. Large, dark and magnificent.

"This is so cool! I should probably start getting my robes on." She walked back to her seat and sifted through her carry-on bag.

She pulled out a simple, black robe with the Hogwarts logo on the front of it and slid it on.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:45 pm

"Derp. Almost forgot about that." Emma whipped out her own robes and pulled them on rather haphazardly. "There. How do I look?" She spun around in the outfit and giggled. For the first time, she felt like a real witch.

"We should probably change into our robes," Will murmured, digging through his things for his robes. He slid them on over his clothes and sat back down. At the moment, he couldn't wait for the train to stop.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Jeffory blinked a few times before it clicked,

"Oh, you're right!" He responded, reaching up in the luggage rack for his bag. He pulled down a suitcase that had a little keychain, which was two little fairy's together. Jeffory loved the idea of mystical creatures, which is why he's always had items related to them. He opened up his suitcase, taking out his robes,

"I had a lot of trouble finding robes that were the right size," Jeffory admitted as he put them on over his clothes as well, "luckily, the owner of the store was really nice and hemmed them for me."

"It's because you don't exercise or eat propertly," Jayden said bluntly, already dressed and gazing out the window with a bored look, "if magic exists, I don't understand why--" He cut himself off before he shook his head,

"Whatever. Forget it," He said, only passing a soft gaze to his twin, "we'll be getting off really soon."

Jeffory frowned slightly, but let it go away,

"You're right, I can't wait!"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Jeffory felt the nervousness build up within him as he saw the giant door that would lead into the dining hall. He looked around to see all of the other first years crowded around the front door in a big group, all getting ready to enter the room. He stayed close to his twin, who seemed unfazed by the door,

"Look how big Jayden!" He responded with a grin. Then, the door opened.

Everyone began to enter, looking at the ceiling that wasn't really a ceiling. Floating candles were all around the room, but their wax didn't drip onto the floor. Thousands of students were sitting at the tables, which were based on which house you belonged to. They all came to the front to see the great sorting hat,

"They'll begin to call names. Get ready." He said to his brother firmly.

"Right!"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Emma looked out at the great hall. His gaze fell upon a large, disheveled hat. "That's the sorting hat, I think," she whispered.

Will shuddered at the sight at the hat. "So that's the sorting hat?" Somehow he'd thought they'd be sorted in private, not in front of everybody. What if he got put into the wrong house? Or worse, what if he got put into Slytherin? He'd never survive there.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Life is never easy - Page 2 Animem18

"This place is amazing," Marjorie said in awe. "My parents always told me this area was just a bunch of ruins. They were completely wrong."
Life is never easy - Page 2 Aaaaaa17
Meanwhile, Xander followed the rest of the first years quietly. He wasn't really as awestruck as the rest of his peers, but it was very fascinating. He watched in amusement has the hat perked up and began singing a strange tune.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:11 am

Looking up at the ceiling with its picturesque clouds floating by, almost seeming real (perhaps they were), Desmond walked amongst the rest of the first years, with Lena by his side. His eyes sparkled with wonderment and awe, and he felt at a loss for words.

Lena stood amongst her fellow students with an expressionless face. Inside, her excitement was bursting like a thousand firecrackers going off at once. However, she had always been bad at expressing herself, and remained silent as she watched the boy (What was his name again? Desmond. That was it.) gaze into the Grand Hall.

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Her face remained expressionless as she broke out in a cold sweat. She certainly had not expected a school of sorcery to be a castle! And... Is that a ghost?! Inwardly, she shuddered. Everything's all new to her, especially the sights before her. Floating candles. Moving portraits. Ghosts. And...

Is that staircase moving?!
She's panicking already. She took in deep breaths to calm herself.
After all, it should be the norm in this school.

Now, she was "hidden" among the crowd of the first years. Her eyes widened as the dark, old-looking hat began to sing.
Talking hat. But it is singing!
Must be the one which will sort all of us into houses...

She felt like bolting from the halls but stood still. After this, it should be over. And she has to get used to it.
She reminded herself once more.
It's the norm here.
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:07 am

Jeffory felt excitement as a witch, it looked like, pulled out a list of names. She explained that she would read a name, then the person would be called forward and sorted into their house. Although Jeffery was a little nervous about being separated, he was excited at the same time. He watched as the professor called the last name "Bell" first.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Desmond jumped at the sound of his name. He was surprised to hear that he was first. A little nervous, Desmond straightened up and walked through the crowd to the front of the Hall.
He turned towards the other students. All of them looking up at him curiously. The next second he felt the sorting hat touch his head.

"Hmm... let's see here... your truthful... average intelligence... oh... you're rather courageous now aren't you...? Better be...
GRYFFINDOOR!!!"

As everyone began clapping, Desmond made his way towards the Gryffindoor table. As he left the stage, he heard the name "Beckett" called out.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Life is never easy - Page 2 Animem19

When Marjorie's name was call, she gulped nervously as she headed to the chair. The talking hat was placed into her head, 'hming' to itself. Marjorie gazed around the Great Hall. Everyone seemed to be staring at her and she couldn't help but turn red.

"Hufflepuff!" the hat finally bellowed. Clapping and cheering erupted, the loudest of it coming from the table with those dressed in black and yellow robes. Marjorie smiled and walking over to her new family.

Life is never easy - Page 2 Aaaaaa18

Xander's name was call next. He wasn't nervous at all. He was merely curious as to which house the hat would sort him into. It didn't take as long to figure out the answer. Within five seconds of the hat being placed on the boy's head, the hat bellowed out 'Slytherin' for everyone to hear. With a straight face, he walked over to his table, mumbling 'hellos' to those who bothered to greet him.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:38 am

When their last name was called, the both of them came up to by the hat. It was hard to distinguish who was who, so they looked for direction. In the end, Jeffory decided to go first, although he had a bad feeling about the ordeal. Even though he shared the same face as his brother, he knew that his brother and he were completely different in personally. Somehow, he already knew they were going to be in different houses, but he didn't speak a word.

The sorting hat stayed on him for a long period time, which almost made him feel like he was unwanted in a sense. Of course, yet again, he didn't say anything. He was sorted into Hufflepuff. Although he was applauded, when he sat down he didn't smile or show signs of excitement. His look was rather empty. He pressed his head to the table, thinking to himself, I don't like this already.

Jayden could easily read the look on his brother's face, and was slightly worried about him, although he did feel that detachment was good for him. After all, his younger twin was always clinging to him. He sat down on the chair, and it took mere seconds for the hat to sort him to Ravenclaw. He was happy with this decision. He sat down at his table, shaking hands with and greeting some of the members from the other house in a formal manner.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Will's name was called next. There was an explosion of whispers as he walked down between the tables. He knew it was because of his hair, white as it was, and the scar left over his face from the curse cast on him. He glanced around nervously, unable to simply watch people from the corner of his eye as he was totally blind in the scarred one.

At last he reached the talking hat and sat down. The Sorting Hat was placed upon his head.

"Where to place you..." The voice was loud in his ears. "Hmmmm... Where would you be best in... I know..." Then, outloud for everyone to hear, it shouted, "HUFFLEPUFF!"

Will stood up shakily when the hat was removed and sat at the Hufflepuff table. A few people near him scooted away and whispered with each other. Probably trying to guess what was wrong with him.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:10 am

Lena slightly jumped at the sound of her name. This was bad. She always got nervous in front of crowds, for some odd reason. She guessed it must come from her father's side of the family. She walked towards the talking hat, took a seat, and before it even touched her head, the hat bellowed out, "RAVENCLAW!"
She blushed a bit, feeling embarassed as everyone applauded. She quickly got up and scurried to the Ravenclaw table where she curled up in a little ball on the bench.

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:48 am

Ahahaha... My turn... sweatdrop

She approached to the Sorting Hat as fast as she can, feeling the Sorting Hat over her head and waited-
"Hmm... This proves to be quite a challenge... Where can I place you..."
"A-a challenge?"
"... I can sense that you have the thirst to prove yourself... Worthy enough to be placed there... But. Hmmm. As much as I would've liked to see how well you will progress in Slytherin, I'll place you in RAVENCLAW!!"

Hurriedly, she took her place by the Ravenclaw table, nodding in reply to the people who greeted her in return.
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:32 am

Emma Wyatt was the last called, but she wasn't nervous. She practically ran to the sorting hat and pulled it down on her head.

"Oh, Wizard Warts," muttered the hat, "I thought I was finally done with you Weasleys until retirement!" It did a mental eye roll, as it had no eyes to actually roll. "I know what to do with you. GRYFFINDOR!"

The hat was removed and she strutted proudly over to the Gryffindor table. She got plenty of high-fives and thumbs up from the various people. She was going to have a great time at Hogwarts.

(I figured the hat would be a bit snarky about another Weasley. Giggle)
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Jeffory was in the Hufflepuff common room, sitting on his bed, his legs drawn up to his chest as he buried his face. He was upset, feeling tearful, but not daring to let one droplet of water hit the ground. He felt detachment since he wasn't with his twin, but was glad that his twin had gotten into the house that would be filled with people that were similar to him. He knew he would make lots of friends. With that thought in mind, he headed to the living room area. He figured he should try to make some friends himself. He sat in a chair in front of the fire place, saying,

"The fire sure is warm."

Jayden was sitting in his common room, reading a book with a serious look on his face. He loved to read books, many of which would help enhance his magical studies. Although he wasn't able to practice magic outside of Hogwarts, he was able to study up so that when the time came to use his magic, he had as much back up knowledge as possible. He had borrowed a lot of the books from his neighbor back at home, who had passed Hogwarts a few years ago.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Life is never easy - Page 2 Animem20

"Yes, it really is warm," Marjorie replied, already sitting near the fire. She turned to face the boy.

"What's the matter? You look pretty down."

Life is never easy - Page 2 Aaaaaa19

Meanwhile, Xander sat quietly in the Slytherin common. However, he didn't take part in a lot of the conversations.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Emma was sitting in the common room, tuning her guitar and setting up her magical speakers. A few curious onlookers watched her, but no one dared point out that a Muggle sound system wouldn't work at Hogwarts. Boy, were they surprised when she strummed her guitar and the sound came out the speakers. "Who's ready to rocK?" she asked, grinning.

Will at in the common room, alone. No one spoke to him. Only of him. They kept whispering to each other, trying to figure out what was with this kid's hair. Rumors were already starting to spread about how he was half-veela or other such nonsense.

Enough was enough. He snapped his book shut and stood. "I'm not veela," he said. "I'm not half-elf. I'm nothing but human!" He then turned on his heel and headed for bed. It was starting to get late anyway.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next