Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 3 Empty Re: This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle

Post by The Lone Kid Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:32 pm

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 3 _al

Al had been in a daze ignoring any traps he set off with his big metal suit of armor. Arrows bounced of him like they were pebbles. He was snapped back into action when an arrow flew at ed. "Whoah that was close brother!"

After watching Prof Layton solve the puzzle Al was intrigued as he congratulated the professor on his work. "Wow that was amazing Mr. Layton!"

"Man I wish I could do that..."
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Quote : I want to be the very best! (You know the rest!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 pm

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 3 72533

Although Edward would admit it, Professor Layton had done a great job figuring out the puzzle's secret. He walked across the hall with a huff,

"I can handle myself, it's no big deal if a trap opens up on me," He said as he was met with a dead end, "damn it, this doesn't make sense." He stared at the wall in thought. No one would set up traps just to be met with a dead end. He put his ear to the brick, closing his eyes,

"It's hollow," He discovered, clapping his hands together, "let's take this wall down!" There was a bright flash as he placed his hands against the wall, using alchemy to create a door out of the brick. The door was elaborate, as Ed always created neat objects with alchemy. He opend up the door,

"Let's go Al!"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 pm

"Very impressive but watch your step! You might set off another trap like you did before!"

Al then whispered into Ed's ear "You know Prof. Layton is going to be curious as to how you did that... maybe he already knows about alchemy practices... You better be ready to respond if he asks you about that...."
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:22 am

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 3 Luke_p22
Young Luke looked up curiously at Edward.
"Say, what was that you just did there? It looked like magic!" He exclaimed.
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Quote : LOOK A SUPER MODEL! LOOK A HOVER BOARD! LOOK THE APOCALYPSE!

http://kawaii-cupcake-queen.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 am

Edward turned to Luke, remembering the days when he was younger and first practicing alchemy. He remembered making figurines for his mother with the skills he learned. He crossed his arms, deciding to talk from his usual scientific point of view,

"Alchemy is a science. Using the elements of the Earth, you can form some substances into others, depending on what you have. It all follows the law of equivalent exchange." He explained.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:33 am

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 3 After_the_Curious_Village
"It's rarely practiced in Britain," Professor Layton explained. "Alchemy was lost during the Dark Ages when it was mistaken for magic and those performing it, especially as you have without the circles, were burned as witches. I've seen it perhaps once or twice, but it's lost its status as a hard science in universities."

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 3 After_the_Curious_Village-1
"Father had a book on it, once," Flora added. "I tried to do some, but couldn't understand a word of it, so I could never make anything happen."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:23 pm

"It's a very complex science. It takes more than reading in order to be able to perform it. It's not for everyone," Edward explained, "anyway, we need to move on. Who knows what's next. Come on Al, maybe the philosopher's stone is just under our nose, but we don't quite see it just yet."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:40 pm

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy’s first Law of Equivalent Exchange. That rule can't be broken or sever consequences can occur.

I'm glad there are still some that believe in alchemy as there's so few of us left it feels. Has anyone checked to see whats on the other side of the door?"
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Poke Noelle?

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 pm

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 3 Luke_p10
"A door?" Luke looked around for the door in question. "I don't seem to see it...oh, there it is! Hmm...Proffessor, have we gone through there?" The boy asked, looking up at Layton.
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:23 pm

"I don't believe so," Layton said, frowning. He quickly calculated the number of turns and the distance they had walked. This wasn't a turn around. At worst, it was a dead end.

"No way of knowing until we open it up, now is there?" Flora stepped forward and reached for the handle. She didn't need to touch it. It swung open by itself. "Eh?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Once the door was open, Ed peeked inside before entering. He found himself in a large room. The floor was full of strange tiles, which started a few feet from a few wooden panels. Ed looked around in suspicion,

"What the hell?" He took a step forward onto the title, and saw spikes start to lower towards the ground. He jumped back quickly, watching as the spikes when all the way down to the tile, and then rose all the way back up to the ceiling.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:06 pm

"Is it another floor maze?" Flora asked, looking around at the floor. There were no numbers. This time, there were a bunch of animals on each tile. One had a bird, another a mouse, and still another a panther, which was the one that Edward had stepped on. Her eyes widened in comprehension. "Professor! It's carnivores and herbivores." Tentatively, she tapped her toe against a tile of a horse. Nothing happened.

"Brilliant, Flora!" He tipped his hat to her in acknowledgement. "Luke, can you draw up a path for us with your notepad?"

(Totally BSing the puzzles. XD)
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:42 pm

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle - Page 3 Luke_p11
Luke nodded to his mentor, grabbing his notepad. Quickly he diagrammed the floor and the symbols.
"Alright, whenever everyone is ready!" the boy announced.
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 pm

"Are you sure we're going to be safe just by going off of his notepad?"

Though as he speaks they have already started to cross without any caution as no harm reaches them.

"Wow... Amazing!"
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:38 pm

"Interesting," Edward said as he started to follow the others, "this place is pretty well protected. That means there definitely has to be something hidden here." A grin grew across his face, making it across, entering the next room. The next room appeared to be a dead end, but Edward had long learned it wouldn't be the case. He looked around, brushing dirt from the floor to find old transmutation circles,

"It looks like this puzzle has to do with alchemy."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 pm

The Professor frowned down at the circle. While he was an archaeologist, his knowledge of alchemy was limited. He supposed that, like every other puzzle he'd run into, he could solve it, though it would certainly require the Elrics' help in this case.

At last he found the answer. "It's a simple jigsaw puzzle," he said, pointing. The ground was disjointed, and when he picked up a block, the top came off as a tile. "We just need to place these to create a proper alchemy circle."

"There are tiles over here as well, Professor." Flora picked up a small stack that sat in the corner and spread them on the ground next to the puzzle. This made the challenge a bit more difficult.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Edward stared at the puzzles for a long time, taking extra care to notice each and every curve in the structure and design of the titles, after a few moments, only one word came to Edward's mind,

"Carbon." He paused in thought, but his face broke from the stated expression, and transformed into one of realization, "Carbon! That's it! If this circle consists mostly of carbon...that means...it's a human transmutation circle! Come on Al, let's get this assembled. We should know this one better than anyone." He began to arrange the tiles, knowing very well the structure of the circle simply by memory.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

The professor watched as the circle came together, impressed by the Elrics' memory. "You're quite good at this," he commented, watching as they assembled the complicated circle, swapping out pieces with the extras that Flora had found.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Al sighed as he proceeded to help his brother arange the circle. "No no brother I think this goes like that..."
Behind his metallic face a chill ran down his spine drawing the same circle that caused the monstracity that put him in this suit of armor in the first place. He kept his voice calm so that nobody nearby could sense his tension.
The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Edward's gold eyes narrowed as the circle came into completion, a circle Alphonse and he drew long ago, in attempts to do the impossible. A desire that had forced them to try to do what was against all human nature, and yet, with young talent, the two committed the sin. He stood up, and looked,

"Alright, now that we solved the puzzle, where next?" He seemed to be studying every nook and cranny of the room with care, but he was instead distracted by the circle itself.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:04 am

Poke
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:41 am

I'll poke Lone via text.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:25 pm

((Noelle could probably use a poke too.))
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Will do~

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down