Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

+5
Noelle's December
Gold Chocobo
JupiterLightning
Destiny's Gate
Insectie
9 posters

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 29 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by Insectie Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm

That can happen sometimes...
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 29 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Currently, this is a very bad situation that I am in. I'm still red in the face because of it.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 pm

What's she trying to get you in trouble for?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 pm

She's trying to say she did more work than I did and I found out that she implied it in her reflection, so my professor said she wasn't giving us a grade until she figures out who did what exactly. She actually changed a lot of stuff that I did at the last minute without telling me and is trying to take credit for the whole thing.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm

White Flag
I quit.

I got my Databases quiz and exam back today. 35/100 on the quiz, 42/100 on the exam. I studied for days. I was crying for three hours because of that.

I went to see the professor (I already didn't like her because she told me to "read the book" when I tried to ask her a question, though I already had and was asking about something specific, and told me all the answers on my homework were wrong without really looking) and first she was mad at me for being upset that my grade was terrible. Then she got mad at me for taking out my notebook to take notes for when she was going to explain what I did wrong on my exam. Then she got mad at me for not understanding her explanation. Then she got mad at me for crying because I thought I was stupid for not understanding what she was saying was "the total basics."

I looked her up on "rate my professor" and it turns out that she's probably got the worst ratings I've ever seen on that site. She is a nightmare.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:13 pm

People like that have no business teaching others. Period. Can you withdraw and retake it next semester with a different teacher?

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:08 am

No. She's the only professor that teaches it. She's been the only professor teaching it for the three years I looked back at with the hope that someone else, somewhere teaches it. And it's required. Sob

My discrete teacher from last year taught it at one point in time, but he hasn't done it in a really, really long time. I suppose I could go to him for help on the math-side of things...
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 am

How'd the rest of the class do?
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm

60 was the class average. That's all she would tell us.

I plan to have a heart-to-heart chat with the dean for undergrad studies, if I can find his/her email. I want it documented that she was a total ass to me. Mad
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 pm

If the average is that low, then it's obvious that it reflects on her. She needs to stop and reassess herself as a teacher.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 pm

No. *sarcasm* She's perfect. It's the rest of us that's the problem. Big Sigh
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm

I just love going to Wal-Mart now and seeing people with guns attached to their hip. The freaking open-carry law went into effect today.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Problem with the 2nd Amendment?
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 pm

I don't mind the second amendment. Problem is, it'll be hard to decipher who actually has the permit to carry it around versus who doesn't. Also, people will try to use it as a bully tactic.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Brandishing a weapon as a scare tactic is a crime. You will most definitely get your gun taken away, and possibly your permit, a fine, jail time, criminal record etc.

Would a concealed carry be any harder?
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 pm

I don't mind conceal carry at all.

With the open carry law, people have to have a specific size of holster to keep it in. I was watching a story on the news with all of these men sitting at a diner with their guns and one of them didn't even have the correct one. If people really want to do this, then they need to abide by all of the rules. But there are a lot of people here in Oklahoma that are too stupid to do this.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Ah. I see. Requiring a proper holster is a good idea.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 pm

And truthfully, I have a gun phobia. Even when my dad cleans his guns, I leave the room. So, it's just going to take me a long time to adjust to seeing guns out more often. I hope that maybe some people will just stick to conceal-carry.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Ah. I agree conceal carry is a better idea since its less offensive to people in this day and age.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Yeah, I hope the newness wears off and people will realize that conceal carry is better and smarter.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 pm

There's this girl on Facebook blabbing on about how Obama is a Muslim, which is why she isn't voting for him and she's all pissed because people are calling her ignorant. She seriously doesn't realize that she was asking for it.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:25 pm

My parents are watching X-Factor and they have the TV up way too loud and the people singing on there suck so bad.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenaron1703 Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Oh, that happens here with a program that is really similar... People can be very bad at singing Razz
Kenaron1703
Kenaron1703
Roleplayer

Quote : "If you can't exaplin it to a six year old, then you don't understand it yourself" Albert Einstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:53 pm

I hate when people don't get the concept of "be quiet so we can hear the camera man", "stay where you are after the picture so we can get your names" and "teachers, come at the assigned time on the schedule." Okay? Simple enough? Apparently not.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenaron1703 Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:24 pm

he, you sound like what I was going to say...
Also, I dislike when the people are good in particular (When you are ALONE with him/her) and other person completely different with the big groups or crowds
Kenaron1703
Kenaron1703
Roleplayer

Quote : "If you can't exaplin it to a six year old, then you don't understand it yourself" Albert Einstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum