Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

+5
Noelle's December
Gold Chocobo
JupiterLightning
Destiny's Gate
Insectie
9 posters

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 16 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:16 pm

So, I finished the paper, but she expects us to have a peer review done. So, now I'm contacting a friend and hoping we can review each others. I'm so annoyed with her. First, a five page essay on a political cartoon, but now the peer editing must be done by the time we get back? Really Crim? OH! And we have a vocab test the day we get back. Cute. No other teacher gave us assignments over break.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 16 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 pm

AP and English classes tend to give homework over breaks. I had to read a whole book over spring break once. I despised "Lord of the Flies" partially because of that.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:28 pm

None of my other AP teachers did, onlllly Crim.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 am

^ This makes me wonder if Crim is the Anti-Christ....
Anyone else backing me up on this theory?
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Quote : LOOK A SUPER MODEL! LOOK A HOVER BOARD! LOOK THE APOCALYPSE!

http://kawaii-cupcake-queen.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Somehow, I don't think she's the Anti-Christ. That would require her to control countries. She wants to destroy the lives of the students, not the world. Smile
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:56 pm

My lab partner will wish he was DEAD the next time I see his sorry face. >_<

He claims that because I do no work, I have to do all of this lab report sheet on my own without his help.

Apparently, he doesn't remember that I did half the report sheet questions for all but three labs, two of which I did ALL the work for and one he said he was fine doing the work for, as I had to run an event all weekend. When I reminded him of this, he said, "Well, I had to redo everything for those report sheets that you did half of, since your answers were wrong." Which is bull shit, as the answers I emailed him were exactly what was on the report and what was marked correct. If anything, it was HIS answers that were wrong most of the time!

Karma better catch up to him. >_<
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 pm

You should talk to your professor. I'm not sure how much help they'll be, but it's best to bring it to their attention. This one girl and I are having issues with our other partner, because he never shows up to class and we told our teacher that he has attendance issues last Thursday and she just shrugged and was like oh well. So... Two weeks before finals week, she expects the both of us to split up all the work? I don't want him to get any credit and I will be pissed if he gets a grade. I'm already pissed because one guy in my last group didn't turn all of his paperwork in, so we got a 76% on the project.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:27 pm

I hate group work. It doesn't test your ability to work with people. It screws you over ninety percent of the time.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

JupiterLightning wrote:You should talk to your professor. I'm not sure how much help they'll be, but it's best to bring it to their attention. This one girl and I are having issues with our other partner, because he never shows up to class and we told our teacher that he has attendance issues last Thursday and she just shrugged and was like oh well. So... Two weeks before finals week, she expects the both of us to split up all the work? I don't want him to get any credit and I will be pissed if he gets a grade. I'm already pissed because one guy in my last group didn't turn all of his paperwork in, so we got a 76% on the project.

I sent an email to the prof and put a note on the lab sheet saying that my partner helped with doing the lab, but not the report sheet at all, and that I request that he get no points for the report, as he left it to me to do last minute even after arranging us to meet up earlier to work together. He seriously only showed up to tell me, "Do it yourself, since you haven't done anything all semester."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Good luck. I've heard so many horrors from other groups in my stats class. I'm thankful that I've had pretty decent groups, but it seemed as though there was always that one person in each group that I've been in that won't do anything unless you get on them constantly.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:38 pm

JupiterLightning wrote:Good luck. I've heard so many horrors from other groups in my stats class. I'm thankful that I've had pretty decent groups, but it seemed as though there was always that one person in each group that I've been in that won't do anything unless you get on them constantly.
This partner usually was pretty good, but today... I don't know what was with him. O.o Usually we split the work 50-50. This was the first he's ever said that I'm not pulling my weight. Which I am, considering I do 50 percent and have done one lab entirely on my own and one mostly on my own (but for two questions of eight).
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Sounds like to me he's just trying to get out of doing work for some reason. If he doesn't have time to help or something, he just needs to say something.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Yeah. That's why I did all of it one week, since he had Passover. All he had to do was let me know and I would've budgeted some extra time for it...
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 pm

This is why I hate having to do group work outside of class. There is almost always going to be issues.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:58 pm

I hate people who can't compromise.

Then when you point it out, they get all offensive and say "Fine, we'll do it". At that point, I say censored it I'm done.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:52 pm

My Jewelery teacher said we have to use kilns (Is that the spelling? Somebody?) for enameling and that we could lose fingers if we touch the stuff (I have no recolection of what it was called) we put the copper on. It is 1000 degrees. No joke.
O_O I AM NOW TERRIFIED I WILL LOSE A FINGER TOMORROW.
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

I hate when someone doesn't dress right for something, and they look at you like you were at fault. 9_9

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Don't worry. You don't lose fingers. Just do what the teachers tell you.

You don't pick up the jewelry with your bare hands. That'd be stupid.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

That actually helped. It's like when we were using the torches. I was ok AFTERWARDS XD
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Allergies suck.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Yup. I agree completely. *is suffering as well*
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue May 01, 2012 7:41 pm

So there doesn't seem to be a new Korra this week. Guess what I found in its timeslot.

Fred.

What gets me is that MLP can get yelled out for Derpy Hooves, one of the most beloved ponies, and yet no one beats up Nickolodeon for "Fred," the show about some guy pretending to be ADHD and retarded. Well, there seems to be some activity on the internet, but nothing that's had any affect like it did on Derpy...
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed May 02, 2012 2:03 pm

So I go to study for my statics final by looking at the tests we've had. I go online to look at the solutions.

Guess what. No solutions. He didn't bother to post the solutions to the tests. So I have to sort through the lectures to find where he went over them (poorly) in class. His handwriting is so-so, his voice is the most grating thing you've ever heard, and you can't understand a word out of his mouth. Well, I've figured out that "lumber" is number, but still... Plus, the video is such low quality that it's hard to read. Why couldn't he have just scanned up the answers? >_<
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed May 02, 2012 4:18 pm

^ Ugh. That sucks. My stats teacher went way downhill after the midterm so I got a C overall although I had been doing really well the first half of the semester. I can't stand teachers who are so smart, but they expect you to automatically know what they know in the process.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Wed May 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Some profs don't think like that...

I agree Mediavision needs better quality. It doesn't have to be 1080p but at least 480p.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum