Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

+5
Noelle's December
Gold Chocobo
JupiterLightning
Destiny's Gate
Insectie
9 posters

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 15 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:32 pm

OGTs are just a matter of reading the questions.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 15 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah, I got the highest thing in everything but writing - - probably because of my horrible handwriting. (Which is ironic since I'm an artist)

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 pm

^ I BSed my writing tests during state testing. They put us all in the gym and sat us at long tables in alphabetical order and the girl on my left-side was right-handed, so we kept bumping elbows. We were both getting irritable so I hurried and finished as fast as I could so I could leave.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:38 pm

I got the Accelerated in writing instead of Advanced. Yet again, I blame my penmanship. It's not that great. I wish we could type essays.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:41 pm

I scored a 3 out of 4 for the writing portion.

I got advanced in US History, English II, English III and Satisfactory in Biology and Algebra II

I got Limited Knowledge in Algebra I, but I did have a horrible teacher and the consequences for not passing weren't strict at all yet when I took that test my freshman year. In fact, there really weren't any consequences. They changed that policy right after I graduated high school, so I dodged a huge bullet.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Apparently they're going to maybe get rid of the OGTs and make kids take the ACT or SAT instead. I think that's a good idea, because the OGT was way too simple.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Did I miss out on a whole part of a normal childhood here?
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:53 pm

^ Yes, yes you did. XP j/k

Aaaaand the ACT/SAT is a million times more important anyway. The more kids take it, the better they will score.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 am

OGTs are just a "are you smart enough to walk and chew gum at the same time? Good. We can release you onto society."

ACTs and SATs are "Can you take a test well? Good. Welcome to college."

Oh, and I was at the top of everything but writing. Ironic, isn't it?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:58 pm

^ Maybe the people were too dumb to grade what we were trying to say

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:03 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/tennessee-abortion-bill_n_1363410.html

Aaaand what's wrong with this one is that it's an invasion of privacy

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Definitely an invasion of privacy. Statistics are one thing. Those are nameless (though, from the sounds of it, they won't be quite so nameless with this bill). Publishing the names of doctors are a whole other animal.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:02 pm

I guess they want someone stupid to go and shoot them if they get a hold of all of that information. It's pathetic.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 pm

It's an intimidation tactic. It's a way to make abortion "illegal" without making it illegal.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Obama is coming to Oklahoma to discuss the pipeline. He's only going to be about an hour's drive away from I live, and it's pretty exciting. However, none of the Oklahoma reps are going to greet him. They refuse to. I think that's very immature. -_-

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 pm

That is very immature of those reps.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Yeah, but my friend just told me that the rep from our town offered to. The others are apparently 'out of town' that's obviously bs, but whatever.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:26 am

I'm so glad the whining is over, I was beginning to dislike my Jewelry and Enameling class.
So, we're doing macreme right now and we obviously had to practice before we could make a final project. The string we practiced with is covered in wax; it feels kind of weird and sticky, but it's something that can be easily fixed with water. All I heard those first few days were girls whining "EW LIKE THIS LIKE IS LIKE SO LIKE GROSS DESU!" -_____- AND THEY WERE OLDER THAN ME.
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Quote : LOOK A SUPER MODEL! LOOK A HOVER BOARD! LOOK THE APOCALYPSE!

http://kawaii-cupcake-queen.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm

So I almost hit a little kid with my car today. There was a group of unsupervised five year olds and then one decided to run out in front of my car.

Also, I've been given both a presentation on haunted houses and a research paper on why people think fake things (margarine, etc.) are better than the real thing (butter, etc.) for the same class. For Japanese, I have to write a speech in Japanese.

I also have to write up a lab this week.

Someone shoot me now. Suicide
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:27 pm

^ I've had some sort of project and tests just about every week since I got back from spring break.

Stats - two more projects + Chapter 8-11 hw + final

Spanish - One more test + three more weeks of homework + final project

Science - Two more labs + 3 or 4 more chapters and homework + Final (over ten chapters)

Geography - Final and last map test

... May 3rd needs to get here now. Unfortunately I have to take summer classes because apparently I was missing four credit hours of electives for my associates degree. Fml. But at least I get to walk in the spring ceremony. I just gotta pass these two four week classes.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Noelle's December Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Destiny's Gate wrote:So I almost hit a little kid with my car today. There was a group of unsupervised five year olds and then one decided to run out in front of my car.

Also, I've been given both a presentation on haunted houses and a research paper on why people think fake things (margarine, etc.) are better than the real thing (butter, etc.) for the same class. For Japanese, I have to write a speech in Japanese.

NU! I CANNOT DO SUCH A THING!!
Also I almost got hit by a car once. I was walking to my dad's car and this woman decided she's gonna go 40 miles an hour in a school parking lot to pull up to the curb. She BARELY stops, I was able to put my hand on the hood and the grill was against my calf. Then--here's the kicker--she looks at ME like I'M an idiot. Seriously I had the right away.
Noelle's December
Noelle's December
Roleplayer

Quote : LOOK A SUPER MODEL! LOOK A HOVER BOARD! LOOK THE APOCALYPSE!

http://kawaii-cupcake-queen.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 am

Noelle's December wrote:
Destiny's Gate wrote:So I almost hit a little kid with my car today. There was a group of unsupervised five year olds and then one decided to run out in front of my car.

NU! I CANNOT DO SUCH A THING!!
Also I almost got hit by a car once. I was walking to my dad's car and this woman decided she's gonna go 40 miles an hour in a school parking lot to pull up to the curb. She BARELY stops, I was able to put my hand on the hood and the grill was against my calf. Then--here's the kicker--she looks at ME like I'M an idiot. Seriously I had the right away.
I've almost been hit in the school parking lot, too. -_- By who I'm pretty sure was a teacher.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 pm

So I don't have the evil SAGES class today. I decided to use that time productively to read the article for class Wednesday. I go to look and guess what. Not there. >_<
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:35 am

I hate that. Crim assigns us this vocab list....that has enough words for the entire year. She printed it offline, and is trying to force us to get 80 weeks of stuff done in 80 days.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:45 pm

^ She needs to lay off a bit. School is almost over anyway.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum