Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

+5
Noelle's December
Gold Chocobo
JupiterLightning
Destiny's Gate
Insectie
9 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 17 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed May 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Yeah. It's kinda like looking at an old Mario game, sometimes...
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 17 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by JupiterLightning Mon May 07, 2012 10:31 pm

My teacher for my online course I'm taking this month just randomly changed. Got an email earlier today about it and when I saw the name of the instructor taking over, I about cried. ><

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue May 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Oh noes! Got a crappy teacher? D:
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue May 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Her expectations are too high, because she's a native speaker. ><

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue May 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Speaker of what language?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Spanish

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 10, 2012 3:00 pm

I can't stand one of my aunt's. I don't understand why she has to be so mean and hurtful sometimes.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Thu May 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Every family tree has a crazy/annoying/crappy, etc. branch somewhere.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Yup. Even I've got one of those...

What'd your aunt do this time?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 10, 2012 6:11 pm

She just seems to think the rest of us should be in competition with her daughter. I don't care what college she's going to. Personally, I think it's dumb to pay out of state tuition, plus try to get her into a sorority... When they can't even afford it.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu May 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Some people just like to be super competitive. Probably she was the second banana all her life, so she's living vicariously through her daughter. Kinda like those moms on reality shows like "Toddlers in Tiaras."
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri May 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Facebook debate of the day:

OP: Obama in favor of gay marriage. Ok here's the deal I love gays with Gods love n everyone says it's unchristian to be against gay marriage but guess wat God created marriage a ceremony joining MAN and WOMAN. He set very specific details in it so if u want to choose having sex with the same sex or date them that's your choice but do not try and corrupt what my Savior created for me! So no gay people are attacking my religion not the other way around. This world is a disgusting place.... Because of corruption. God be with us!

Poster A: Christians aren't the only religious people who practice marriage. To say that, because gay people want to get married, they are attacking your religion is pretty self centered and narrow minded. Actually, they aren't attacking any religion by wanting to get married. They are trying to have the same rights as everyone else. To think the former implies some kind of mass conspiracy among homosexuals to destroy religion which is completely absurd.

OP: Really who was the first to practice marriage and where did They learn it from then?

Poster A: It's not hard to understand how staying with one mate for life would be more beneficial to the children than having children with many mates. Combine something as obvious as that with an ancient culture and they will probably want to make a promise to their god or gods that they'll stay together.
Idk who was first, but if you're trying to imply that the rest of the world learned it from Christianity you're crazy.

Poster B: I see your point and understand your feelings. Just remember - the Bible did state that man should be with woman but it also states that we should not judge others. So even though some may not agree with it - to inflict judgment on others is inherently wrong. To deny a homosexual couple the same basic consitutional rights that heterosexual couples enjoy is also wrong. There is separation of Church and State for a reason. So even though I do not agree or disagree with you - this is just another way of looking at it Smile

OP: Judging someone is different than refusing to approve of their lifestyle. And our country was founded on Christianity n just because you were born here I don't believe anyone has the right to change that. And we are to judge others on the fruit their tree bears. In this world I'm fighting a losing battle because these days people fight for freedom and living on what each person finds suitable, I fight for a nation choosing to live by morals and faith not blow like the wind at every new idea that makes sense to people who most of the time don't stand by faith or rules, and even times when gays have been allowed to we'd they still weren't happy because they want us to accept their lifestyle not just allow it. But like I said a losing battle people value freedom to do whatever they want more than they value anything else. What if a brother and sister didn't grow up together and ended up falling in love and want to get married should I then allow incest in marriage as well or does that freedom only apply to certain people's sexual partner choice.

Poster C: This country is founded on freedom. That's what makes us so great. Freedom of speech, which you are exercising now. And freedom of religion which others should be able to exercise as well. Marriage is not only a religious bind anymore. It's a piece of paper from the government. Atheists get married all the time. They are blasphemous according to Christians, which is the only unforgivable sin. No one pickets their weddings. So if they can get married, then homosexuals should be able to as well. Marriage is only a religious union if you are a religious person.

OP: Atheists aren't changing the fact that marriage is between man and woman though. So u don't have to b religious to get married but if the laws of marriage are for man n woman that should not be changed.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri May 11, 2012 5:42 pm

=_= I hate Christians for this reason.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm

And another thing, my best friend liked that status. I'm a little cross with her at the moment.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Fri May 11, 2012 7:20 pm

I'd just like to point out that if one is going to follow theology and view marriage in a Christian context, one should apply the same to homosexuality (not be OK with it).
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri May 11, 2012 7:31 pm

I know. You can't say you love gays but then go, "But they shouldn't be allowed to marry." I don't hate all Christians. I just dislike the ones who don't think what they say through.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri May 11, 2012 8:40 pm

My opinion on gay marriage is this: They should be able to make all the same mistakes as the rest of us. Hets are doing so well at screwing marriage vows with the divorce rate.

Honestly, would they feel better if we said "civil union" instead of "marriage"?

Christianity didn't invent marriage. Lord knows Japan has a SHINTO "marriage ceremony" and killed Christians for telling them they were wrong. In other words, if Christianity had introduced marriage to them, they would've said, "F this" and moved on without it. Except they had it before Christianity appeared.

Anyway...

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 17 Race+mixing+gay+marriage+protest
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 pm

I don't think people realize that Christianity isn't one of the oldest religions. It may one of the most wide-spread religions. However, civilizations like China and Egypt have been around for centuries and I'm pretty sure it's safe to say they practiced other religions way before Christianity even came along.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri May 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I believe shinto is older than Christianity as well...

The only reason it's more widespread is that Christianity has been used to kill the "pagans" to save them from Satan.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri May 11, 2012 8:51 pm

I took a class in the spring called Intro to Cultural Geography and we spent almost an entire month discussing different types of religions. They all have pros and cons, including Christianity.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri May 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Yup yup. *nods*

My brother did much the same up at his college, which is mostly small town white Christian conservatives. He was the only Buddhist and stirred the pot all the time.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri May 11, 2012 9:06 pm

My town is pretty conservative, but it's mostly the older folk. My generation is starting to become more accepting and are more moderate.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri May 11, 2012 9:07 pm

It's always the younger generation that's more accepting and open about things.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Fri May 11, 2012 9:14 pm

But then you have the few sheltered and narrow minded ones.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Yup. Sadly.

I don't get it, honestly. They said all the same stuff about interracial marriage, and now it's cool.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum