Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP

2 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 Empty Re: All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:02 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 49da5efd

Loomis' good mood slowly ebbed away. He'd made a mental note to punish Baromir as well; a blatant failure such as this would most definitely NOT be tolerated.

This was no way to start a day, even more so since he was in the company of such filth. The king saw as Beatrice, being as annoyingly officious as she always was, failed to administer something as simple as a truth serum to a beaten prisoner. He scoffed at this and could swear to it that his blood literally boiled when said prisoner had dared to say, as boldly as she did, that HE, the king, couldn't make her do something.

By this point, his patience had been stretched to its limit, and with a firm, unyielding hand, he slapped the girl hard cross her already thoroughly abused cheek. "You'll find that I can make anyone do anything that I so wish them to. Your imprisonment, the beating you received but a few hours ago, and this..."

Loomis, after snatching the vial from Beatrice quite rudely, pried Danica's mouth open with his thumb and forefinger, forcing the thing down her throat. Once he'd accomplished getting the liquid past her orifice and clamped the very same hand over her mouth, he massaged her throat with his other hand making sure she swallowed. With a winning smirk the brunette whispered into the broken girl's ear. "There are so many ways for me to get what I want Danica. Your familiar with the first, here is the second...." Loomis pulled back showing her the now empty vial. “The effects take a while to work through you system, but when they have, you’ll come to find that you may just be your own worst enemy.” He walked in front of the witch, stopped, and struck her as well.

“The next time you should fail to do such a simple task, the consequence shall be far worse than a mere blow to the face Beatrice. I’d say I expect better from the castle’s self proclaimed strongest witch, but after that failure I honestly can’t.” Pulling out a silk rag he wiped his hand from the brief contact with the female’ face and left with a soft warning. “I’ve business to tend to for now, should I come back and observe no apparent change in her demeanor, those consequences I spoke of just now will become all too real for you, Beatrice.”

Back to top Go down

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 Empty Re: All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:06 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 HaseoAtoli
"Wait just a moment Your Majesty!" Beatrice cried, following after him. "There was a ghost watching us in the room," she whispered. "I believe her to be on Regius's side. I put a tracker on her. If I'm right, she'll have gone back to your brother by now, and we'll know exactly where their camp is." She smiled proudly as she offered a flower with eight petals, almost like a compass with the intermediate directions marked. "The petals will glow and lead its holder to the ghost girl. See?" she turned it this way and that, and the petal that glowed switched to point to the eat every time. "I'm certain we've got him now."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Loomis looked at the blond girl, still a bit peeved. "Why didn't you say something sooner?!" He asked, getting closer to her, the thought of her being the one to find Regius' camp, negating the disgust he felt just from her proximity. Remembering what he had to do he stepped away, in the direction he was going in prior to being stopped. "Have a search party readied and give them your...blossom. I want that wretch found by sunrise tomorrow and no later. Am I understood, witch?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Beatrice bowed low. "As you command, Your Majesty." She then spun around and started searching for Loomis's number one knight, Nathaniel. "Oi, important work for you," she stated, holding out the flower. "You're to get a search party together and track down Regius through one of his ghost spies. I tagged her, so this will lead you right to her."

She, meanwhile, planned to stay behind with Loomis and assist in interogating and confusing Danica with her potion. And maybe kill the bitch when she was done. No one was that insolent to her king.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:00 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 Madelyn-1

Madelyn nodded. "Come on. Let's go see him," she said, floating off.

She finally spotted him and it seemed as though he was still tending to the centaur. "I'm sorry to bother you, Regius. I have something to tell you, though."

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 Chess_knight

The young soldier Nathaniel took the flower from Beatrice with a smirk on his face. "As you wish," he stated. "I had a good feeling about today. It seems as though the tables are finally going to turn, aren't they?"

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 Danica

Danica was still sitting up in her prison. She swayed slightly, feeling as if she were going to pass out from the effects of the serum. She was positive that she had been given too much of it. Things began to get hazy; almost dreamlike. She tried to focus, but could only make out one hazy figure walking toward her.

"M-Maddy?" she called out softly.

She could hear the figure laugh softly.

No, but I am a ghost... I am so sorry... This is his father's fault... This my fault...

Before Danica could make out anything else, everything faded to black.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:09 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 800px-Hibiki27s_Magic_characters
"Shoot," Regius said, finishing up with the hoof. He turned to her and frowned. "What are you doing back? I thought you were with Danica?"

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 Unicorn1
Taelin lowered his head guiltily. "It seems your brother was being rough with her. I don't really know the details." He glanced at Madelyn, hoping she would be able to enlighten them as to what happened.

Beatrice nodded. "Just follow where the glowing petal is pointing." She then turned and walked back to the dungeon, where she found Danica unconcious. Good. The serum was working, then. She knelt and shook the girl's shoulder, knowing she'd wake up. Part of the potion put people asleep and then left them in that state between sleep and waking, where they were most easily influenced.

"My dear, are you quite all right? My king had to rescue you, and I think he has some questions for you about your attacker."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Loomis: *discussing things with Lords from other lands......and other menacingly evil things in his time apart from the female antagonists in the RP* Has absolutely NO Idea what to post here.....

><;

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:16 pm

(well, he has to come back at some point to brain wash Danica and say how his brother's the bad guy and pump her for information)
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:16 pm

"She was in terrible shape," Madelyn explained. "Before I was spooked off by one of the witches siding with him, they were trying to give her a... a truth serum. I think we should relocate."

Danica reopened her eyes, sitting back up. She could hear Beatrice's voice, however, it was quite distant to her.

"Who was that woman that was with me a few minutes ago?" she asked softly.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:24 pm

All is Fair in Love and War: A Medieval Fantasy RP  - Page 8 800px-Hibiki27s_Magic_characters
"A witch?" Regius repeated, surprised. So his brother had some pretty powerful underlings. He stood and brushed off his hands. "There's no need. Danica doesn't know where this camp is. Truth syrum or no, there's no way she'd be able to tell him anything."

"But you're going to go charging back in to save her." Taelin snorted when Regius looked a little guilty. "We need to plan. If he has a decent witch, this will make things that much harder."

"That might have been me, sweety," Beatrice lied smoothly. She'd gotten quite good at that of late. "Come now, let's get you cleaned up for His Majesty. He really wants to talk to you, but not until you're bandaged up." The drugs lasted some time, and Beatrice had found that being ridiculously nice on top of drugging the person always got more information and often made the impression left more permanent.

She led Danica to a large bathroom, where she cleaned Danica up, bandaged the wounds, and then put her in a pretty dress, one somewhere between handmaid and nobility in quality. Beatrice then propped Danica up in an overstuffed armchair with some pillows. "I'll go see if His Majesty is ready for you yet," she said sweetly. Danica was still completely under the influence. She wouldn't need another dose yet. The wonderful thing was once they were under it was easy to keep them under. All one had to do was lace the drink with the potion and they'd never question it.

Beatrice reached the king's throne room and bowed. "She's ready for you, Your Highness."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Nathaniel's search led him to the outskirts of a forest. He frowned slightly, remembering that this was the very same forest that he and his men had searched through just days ago. Certainly they couldn't have built up a camp here that quickly. Either way, he trusted Beatrice's magic, and urged his men forward. They would just search once more.

Danica waited in the room patiently, though quite confused as to what was going on. Everything still felt hazy, and the last thing she could remember was that woman's voice. Beatrice had said it was her, but she sounded nothing like that voice and that very presence felt so sad as well.

"It's my fault...?" she wondered out loud. "Why is it your fault?" She waited for a reply, but there was none. Sighing, she sunk back into the chair, awaiting for this king who had apparently saved her from something.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Taelin lifted his head. His ears twitched. "Someone's coming. And they seem to know where they're going this time." He listened harder. "I don't recognize the footsteps." He heard a whinnie. "Horses. The king's..." He reared suddenly. "They've found us! But how?!"

"They've what?" A thought came to Regius's mind. "Madelyn, hold still a second." He looked her over, then knelt down and pulled what seemed to be a small seed off her ankle. Magic. He cursed. "They tracked us here." He ran to the center of camp. "Everyone! Pack up now! We need to move! They've found us!"

There was an instant flurry of activity. Regius tore down his tent and stuffed his belongings in his saddle bag before clambering up on Taelin's back. He was careful not to overexert himself. Any more heart problems and they'd all be doomed. "We're moving north of here, to the forests north of the castle. Fairies, stay close. We'll need you to make sure the rest can find us and to confuse the king's soldiers." He led the way for anyone who was ready to leave.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 pm

((waiting for you, Nocturne XD))

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 pm

((Hahahaha right))

Just as his meeting had come to an end, Loomis saw Beatrice entered bowing. His face was set in a deep frown, that is until he heard what she had to say. After dismissing the other lords qicker tha usual, his servants ushering them out of the throne room and his castle.

Once their exodus was over with, Loomis smirked at the young witch. "Oh is she now? Just what, may I ask, has she been manipulated into believing?" He asked, afterall if he wanted this to work out smoothly, he'd have to know what part he played in the blonds game. Making to leave he gave the girl a mock look of appreciation."Come along Beatrice, I expect you'll fill me in on the way to her, yes?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

"I told her that you rescued her and brought her here so that she might heal in safety and that you might find out more about her attackers," Beatrice replied. "Nothing too elaborate, but she's certainly ready for you to do what you wish with her." Beatrice stopped at the door. "Just be polite. She believes you to be her hero from what I've told her."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:19 pm

He looked at her, as his hand touched the knob of the large door before him. "That sounded like an order...Are you giving me, your king, and order. Hmmm?" He asked, giving her a look that screamed 'I dare you to say yes'.

{This is a short post, simply because I wanted to establish the fact that Im a total dick before going in and handling Danni~! >:3}

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Beatrice bowed low. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overstep my bounds. It was simply a suggestion." She didn't want to anger her king. "Please forgive me, my lord."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Loomis looked at her still slightly bowed frame. "Good. So long as you know your place, and keep it, perhaps....just perhaps, I may be able to have more trus in you and your abilities." Not waiting for her reply, the brunette opened the doors and strode in, a calm air about his person.

Upon spotting the girl, Loomis made his way over to her, being sure that his sad smile reached his eyes. "I see you're awake." He stated barely three feet in front of the teen. "How are you feeling? Is there any pain that's not yet left?" Asking after someones health was what a concerned person would do, in a situation such as this, but Loomis had to try his best to keep the nauseating feeling that crept into his stomach from showing on his face. He cared for no one but himself for so long that merely pretending to care made him sick to his stomach.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Nathaniel growled in anger. They were nowhere to be found. However, he did find the tiny seed. Getting off of his horse, he picked it up and examined it. "So they were here..." he muttered, throwing the seed back down on the ground. "They couldn't have gotten far!" he exclaimed, getting back onto his horse and taking off. Nathaniel would not rest until Regius and his comrades were found.

"Thank you for your concern. I'm afraid that none of the pain has seem to have left yet. I hurt all over," Danica stated.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Beatriced followed behind him, head bowed like a lowly servant. She'd gotten onto Loomis's bad side again. If she did it again she might not live to tell the tale. All she did was quietly pray to whatever gods there were that Loomis was able to stay polite.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 am

Loomis' chocolate eye widened in fake horror. "Once again I apologize young miss, for both you pain and my lack of manners. It would seem as though in my midst of concern my manners have left me." Stepping closer to the Danica, under the guise of inspecting a painful enough looking bruise just under her cheek bone. The one he put there, he noted, internaly smikrking but somehow still maintining his external facade as he continued forward.
The brunette, ran a hand gently down the side of the girls face, only to have it rest upon the very bruise he'd given her. Thumbing it lightly, a false look of remorse crossing his well trained facial features. In a soft voice, just above a whisper, he introduced himself to Danica. "I am King Loomis of Aderus, and this is my castle....You were attacked by my brother, Regius, on one of the nearby trails it wold seem." Loomis stepped back, having his fill of being so near to the other teen.
"But, fret not, as he is my brother, you are more than welcome to stay here in return. Of course..." he stopped, making a show of turning from the girl as if in shameful shyness. "I would like to ask a few questions. Knowing my brother, he would have some reson to attack you. He wouldn't simply go after a defenseless human girl without one..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:49 am

Taelin thundered on with Regius clinging to his mane and the rest of the magical creatures in hot persuit. They had to find someplace safe, someplace shielded by rocks or trees, but someplace with enough room that all the creatures could fit in the safe haven. They found it a mile north of the castle, far enough from their old camp so as not to be found easily. The fairies began casting their magics to make anyone not knowing exactly where to go to get to camp lost instantly.

Regius slipped off of Taelin's back and called to the creatures around him, "Is everyone all right? No one was left behind?" If there were stragglers, he knew the fairies would make it so they could find the camp, or at the very least start a search party.

Beatrice resisted the urge to kill the girl. Loomis was getting too chummy with her, and if she hadn't known this was all an act to pump her for information, she would have murdered Danica in an instant. Afterall, she had some kind of power, or else Regius wouldn't have been interested in her. If she could win Loomis's heart even with that terrible fault in his eyes, then so could Beatrice. She would kill her as soon as this was over, if Loomis didn't have other uses for her.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 am

Danica blushed lightly as the king ran his hand down her cheek. Once he pulled away, she listened carefully to his words, trying to piece her memories together.

"My name is Danica," she greeted, before pausing for a moment. "I... I remember a man coming into my parent's shop. My friend brought him to me. He was talking about something... some sort of rebellion. However, I don't remember him attacking me..."

"I'm so sorry, Regius. It's my fault," Madelyn said with a small sniffle. "I should have listened to Danica. I shouldn't have been there..."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:05 pm

"It's not your fault," Regius said gently. "They could have pulled this stunt with any of the creatures we freed last night." He turned to the masses. "Everyone! We strike the castle tonight! Get ready!"

Frowning, Beatrice moved to the side table and poured some "water" for Danica. It was laced with more of the serum, just in case the potion was wearing off. "Here, have some water," she said, gently pushing the crystal glass into Danica's hand. "Regius must have hurt you. We saw him leaving you hurt like that. If His Majesty King Loomis hadn't been there, you might have died."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm

The king was still facing away from the two females, when he heard Danica's response. She was becoming less pliable. He stiffened ever so slightly, but his body became lax when Beatrice layered his ‘heroic rescue’ on even thicker. Loomis let out a soft, warm chuckle, it sounded so real he'd almost fooled himself.

"She's right, you know. When I saw Regius from my window I'd suspected that he was up to no good, and when I called after him, he ran, flustered and disheveled. After sending my top guard after him, I looked about the outer wall and saw you." Loomis faced her once more, invading her personal space just as he did before, if not more.

"When I saw how beaten and broken you were, I...I couldn't just leave you there. After all, Regius is of my own flesh and blood. I couldn't very well have both of the royal sons of Aderus besmirching the family name and the throne, by leaving you there to die after he laid into you so unmercifully." Loomis looked straight into her eyes, giving her a look of compassion, cupping her cheek tenderly as he went on….”When I saw your face, I felt my heart quake…your subtle facial features, your lithe build, they all struck me as beautiful. Even now, just your voice makes the very organ leap. I can’t help but feel smitten with you, Lady Danica. ”

The king stood there a moment, awaiting a reply as he toyed with Danica’s mind. He knew none of it to be truth but just letting the words slip past his lips made him feel as though he were swallowing sand, hot and grating as they went. He hoped that his lies were making an impression on her, because they were certainly making their marks on him, although to his credit his face hadn’t contorted in the slightest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next