Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

+5
Noelle's December
Gold Chocobo
JupiterLightning
Destiny's Gate
Insectie
9 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 18 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by JupiterLightning Fri May 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Yeah. I hope that when all of the Baby Boomers go away, things will be different and hopefully for the better.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box) - Page 18 Empty Re: What Grinds my Gears (The Complaint Box)

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm

We can dream. There'll be something else people are obsessing over when we get old, though...
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat May 12, 2012 6:55 am

Well, look at Christians and abortions:

You have the baby, and you're a whore.
You don't have the baby, and you're a killer.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon May 14, 2012 8:17 am

The new set of Geico commercials are ridiculous. They have people tasting Kool-Aid and say "Oh yes, the tastier one is our insurance, while the icky one is our competitors."

When did Geico start selling Kool-Aid? >_> That's like saying, "Aren't these cookies delicious? Now go buy our nail polish." There's no connection!
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

So Britney Spears and Demi Lovato are judges on X-Factor now. I don't really mind Britney on there, but Demi really hasn't been around long enough and hasn't really done much in my opinion to be coaching people. /:

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue May 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Who the heck is Demi Lovato? ???
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lone Kid Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 pm

^ A singer (obviously) but I think her first hit (at least the one I know her by ) is this one skyscraper.

The Lone Kid
The Lone Kid
Roleplayer

Quote : I want to be the very best! (You know the rest!)

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue May 15, 2012 10:07 pm

She was on Disney Channel for a couple of years, but she had a mental breakdown and went into rehab then left Disney. Something weird went down there. Apparently she was cutting herself and stuff.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 pm

My bite is screwed up so they put blocks behind my two front teeth. I can't bite down completely at all. So miserable. ><

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Oh noes. What's wrong with your bite?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 17, 2012 9:15 pm

It's jacked up on the left side of my mouth.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu May 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Eeeeeeee. That stinks. Is it a quick thing to fix or will it take a while?
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 17, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm just upset, because they have to stay this way while I'm on vacation. I don't go back until mid-July.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu May 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That stiiiiiiiiiiinks.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Thu May 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Yep.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat May 26, 2012 8:21 am

People on deviantart are annoying.

There was a picture that I thought looked pretty but for one thing. I told them the things I liked (which was a list of three or four things), and then said "By the by, the head seems to be too far turned to be comfortable." She replies being all ass-hattery going:

"Please read the bottom of the artist's comments section,
If I want critiques on my work I have some trusted, honest and talented people whom are actually at an ability level that is worth me taking their advice, I'm afraid that I do not believe that you are able enough an artist to be giving advice to people that are ahead of you, as I said anyway I have people for critiquing me and I will ask them for critiques myself"

On the bottom of the artist comment was a note that wasn't there before (I had read it all before commenting) about no critiques. What she also doesn't seem to realize is that I just don't have patience to draw and that the art on my deviantart is from middle school and that I've read a bunch of artbooks and danced, so I know what's possible for the human body. Turning your head 180 degrees is not (especially if your shoulders don't turn).

Rather than allow me to comment back or PM her an explanation, she's blocked me entirely.

People are so stupid. Don't allow comments if you don't want to hear the bad as well as the good. 9_9
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat May 26, 2012 8:28 am

I hate artists who say "You can't critique if you can't draw", you don't need to be artistic to notice something strange about anatomy. >_>

EDIT: Forgot "don't"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat May 26, 2012 8:40 am

Laughing I know, right? Besides, my artwork might not be spectacular, but at least it's anatomically correct when it comes to the few people I've drawn... Except maybe pudgy fingers and funky hair, but that's a little different than having a head turned 180.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat May 26, 2012 8:42 am

Yeah, like the head turn is possible, but it's extremely uncomfortable and no one in their right mind would position himself/herself like that unless he/she was stretching. It also would hurt pretty bad to do something like that x.x

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 am

180 degrees? Not possible unless you're an owl. XD People can turn their heads about 90 degrees, give or take, without moving their shoulders, and look farther by moving your eyes. Moving shoulders, you can look behind you, but that's a full spinal twist.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat May 26, 2012 8:48 am

Oh sorry I thought 180 was 90 for some reason! (Oops!) Now I get what you mean! Yes, 180 would be impossible unless your neck is broken!

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Destiny's Gate wrote:People on deviantart are annoying.

There was a picture that I thought looked pretty but for one thing. I told them the things I liked (which was a list of three or four things), and then said "By the by, the head seems to be too far turned to be comfortable." She replies being all ass-hattery going:

"Please read the bottom of the artist's comments section,
If I want critiques on my work I have some trusted, honest and talented people whom are actually at an ability level that is worth me taking their advice, I'm afraid that I do not believe that you are able enough an artist to be giving advice to people that are ahead of you, as I said anyway I have people for critiquing me and I will ask them for critiques myself"

On the bottom of the artist comment was a note that wasn't there before (I had read it all before commenting) about no critiques. What she also doesn't seem to realize is that I just don't have patience to draw and that the art on my deviantart is from middle school and that I've read a bunch of artbooks and danced, so I know what's possible for the human body. Turning your head 180 degrees is not (especially if your shoulders don't turn).

Rather than allow me to comment back or PM her an explanation, she's blocked me entirely.

People are so stupid. Don't allow comments if you don't want to hear the bad as well as the good. 9_9

If they don't want critiques from the masses, then they shouldn't post their art on a public domain, or they need to get their point across that they don't want critiques in a better way (disable comments?). Not everyone reads the artists comments (I know I rarely do, or just scan through most of the time). If people want to better themselves, then they need to allow and accept constructive criticism whether they like it or not. Obviously she won't go far in art if she can't accept constructive criticism from strangers.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sat May 26, 2012 11:06 pm

So frustrated with my Spanish teacher. I have to turn in a paper and I can't find the tab where I submit and I keep asking her and she's only replies by saying it's there because she's graded some already instead of actually really helping me. The tab is not showing up on my log in. ><

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun May 27, 2012 7:23 am

That's when you take a screen cap by hitting the print screen button (prtsc), paste it into paint to save as an actual image, and then send it to her showing that the tab isn't there. If she still refuses, show it to the principal with her response and say the teacher's being unfair.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun May 27, 2012 3:15 pm

^ I did take a screen cap right after posting on here lol!

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum