Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life is never easy

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Life is never easy Empty Life is never easy

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:57 am

It's your first year at Hogwarts and you're freaking out. After all, you don't know anyone or anything. If you want to make it through here you'll have to befriend people and learn tons of spells. You'll need them sooner or later, correct? But beware, some may try to stop you on the way to success!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Short Bio:[/b]

RULES:
1. No more than two characters per person!
2. OCs only!
3. Please, don't use any emoticons...
4. Proper grammar! Or at least try your best...

Characters
Life is never easy Kairi-kingdom-hearts-144312
Name: Emma Wyatt
Username: Destiny's Gate
House: Gryffindor
Short Bio: Emma's a distant cousin of the Weasleys, half-blood, and raised by her muggle mother after her father's unfortunate end at the hands of Voldemort. She is a total fan of Weasley Wizard Wheezes. She's a trouble-maker at heart, but she only pranks those she know who can take a joke. She also wants to start a rock band for Hogwarts, but she needs a few more people willing to risk getting in trouble to put the band together, regardless of house. She wants to play the guitar.

Life is never easy Violin_Allen-1
Name: William Jones (Will)
Username: Destiny's Gate
House: Hufflepuff
Short Bio: All William is only good at is violin. Not magic, not studying, not anything. But he tries, and that's all that matters. He doesn't really know why he's in Hufflepuff, but he figures it's only because his muggle-born parents were both Hufflepuff. He's actually kind of quiet and a little shy.

Life is never easy Jeffor10

Name: Jeffory Jon
Username: Gold Chocobo
House: Hufflepuff (sp?)
Appearance: brown short hair with green eyes.
Short Bio: Jeffory is twins with Jayden and is torn apart at the moment. His twin and he are in different houses, but they are so close it's hard for them to be apart. Jeffory himself is shy, calm, and nice. He's very sickly, unlike his brother. He doesn't mind talking to people within other houses, mainly because he does so in order to be with his brother. His magic isn't that great, nor his his book work, but he tries his best.

Name: Jayden Jon
Username: Gold Chocobo
House: Ravenclaw
Appearance: Same as Jeffory, but eyes are a little narrower
Short Bio: Jayden's twin is Jeffory. Being in a different house didn't really tear him up like it did to Jeffory, but it worried him about his brother sometimes. Jayden is more serious, competitive, and is very good at his magic. He doesn't mingle much outside of his house, the only one he will talk to outside of his house is Jeffory.

Life is never easy Aaaaaaaa
Name: Xander Cobb
Username: JupiterLightning
House: Slytherin
Appearance:short black hair and blue eyes
Short Bio: Xander's father is a pure blooded wizard while his mother is a muggle born. His family doesn't care too much about the status quo. Xander is quiet and tends to keep to himself to the most part, occasionally opening up to others that he trusts.

Life is never easy Animemealmost2
Name: Marjorie Beckett
Username: JupiterLightning
House: Hufflepuff
Appearance: Short brown hair and brown eyes
Short Bio: Marjorie is a muggle born witch. She is very bubbly and enjoys making friends. Like most Hufflepuffs, she values loyalty and fair play.

Life is never easy -73-1
Name: Alice "Wilson"
Username: kuroshikei
Appearance: Shoulder-length chestnut brown hair, yellowish brown eyes
Short Bio: Orphaned at a young age, Alice was "discovered" by a professor from Hogwarts and is now exposed to a new world of magic. Right now, she can perform simple spells she had practiced over the new textbook for Hogwarts….

Life is never easy Untitled-7
Name: Lena Longbottom
Username: Shana-chan4ever
Appearance: Long White Hair and Red Eyes
Short Bio: Lena is the child of Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood. She is very quiet around most people and will only open up to those who are willing to believe her crazy ideas.

Life is never easy AnimeBoy4
Name: Desmond Bell
Username: Shana-chan4ever
House: Gryffindor
Appearance: Short Brown Hair and Blue Eyes
Short Bio: Desmond is a Half-blood. He's energetic, brave, and won't hesitate to help someone in need, regardless of house. He also loves Quidditch.

Back to top Go down

Life is never easy Empty Re: Life is never easy

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 am

As the scarlet steam engine rolled out of Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, Emma Wyatt sat in her seat, fiddling with her cell phone and DS. She knew this would be the last time for a full year that she could use her fancy Muggle devices, and so she was determined to get as much quality time with them as possible. She'd already texted all her friends telling them she'd be away practicing magic and witchcraft, though none of them believed her. She was the sort to tell tall-tales, which is exactly why she told them the truth. Might as well end with a bang, right?

Her back up truthful-sounding lie was that she was going off to a boarding school where there was absolutely no cell phone reception. Okay, that wasn't really a lie either. There certainly wasn't any reception there, after all.

Next to her sat a guitar case and some magicked amps. At least she'd have her music. Perhaps she could get together a band while at Hogwarts and play at various feasts.

Will, meanwhile, half-hung out the window to say goodbye to his parents who stood on the platform, waving back. Truth be told, he was terrified to go off to school on his own. The only time he'd been anywhere far from home was one summer at summer camp, which had ended disastrously.

Only when the train had turned around a bend and his parents were out of sight did Will sit in his chair. He didn't really know what to do now that the train had started rumbling down the track, but he certainly wasn't going to go around looking for people to talk to.
Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Life is never easy Aaaaaa10

Xander's parents had long since disappeared in the throng of bystanders at the platform as soon as the train began rolling. He was thankful that he had a window seat, looking forward to seeing some of the bare landscapes the train would pass.

From time to time, he'd listen in to the conversations some of the peers sitting across from him were talking about. These particular conversations were nothing new to him. It was about family heritage and whatnot. One asked Xander if he was a pure blood. Xander nodded without a single word and gazed back out the window. He heard one call him strange, but he didn't really care. After all, the boy didn't want to make any enemies right off the bat.

Life is never easy Animem10

Marjorie was extremely nervous as she walked through the train, hoping to find a quiet place. She wasn't quite ready to reveal her more outgoing side. She finally stopped in front of the one of the doors and slid it open. Hopefully the person inside would be just as quiet if not quieter than she was.

Relief fell over her once she saw the girl sitting in the room, playing on a cell phone. She smiled, sitting across from the girl.

"So, I hear Hogwarts doesn't have any reception. I decided not to bring my cell phone along. I wish I would have, though. I bet it'd kill time on this train ride for sure," she stated with a small smile.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Jeffory had been with Jayden, looking around nervously for a seat, while his brother just walked calmly. They had been a little later, and it seemed as though most of the seats were now gone. After a while of wandering, he looked at his brother worried,

"Jayden, what if we can't find a seat? Does that mean we have to stand?" He asked with a disappointed look, as well as concerned.

Jayden was much more serious and calm when compared to his brother. He let out a sigh, although he wasn't too irritated with his brother,

"No. We'll find a seat," as he said that he found a seat with a single white-haired man, "we'll sit here." He said sitting down without asking.

"I-I'm sorry! Is it okay if we sit here?" Jeffory asked shyly, and was a little worried since his brother didn't ask and just plopped down.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:29 am

"No electronics work at Hogwarts, actually. Only magicked things." She patted the amps next to her. "These are really for show, though. Got a modified Sonorus Charm on it so it amplifies instruments instead of voices."

She grinned. "I'm Emma, by the way. Emma Wyatt. You?"

"Ah, um... No, go ahead..." He tried to smile. He just hoped they didn't question his white hair. He'd been cursed when he was little by someone who had loved his mother and hated his father and anyone related to him. Sadly, that included Will. The curse had been the Cruciartus Curse, but the man had flubbed it when his parents had come to rescue him, making him entirely blind in his one eye and his hair white. To this day he was terrified of other witches and wizards, and his parents hadn't helped by keeping him away from much of the magical world until Hogwarts had sent him a letter.

He pulled a puzzle box from his pocket and fiddled with it, trying to avoid eye contact. Then, "So, um... What are your names?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Sitting alone in an empty carriage, Lena was holding on to The Quibbler, her favorite magazine and the one her mother published.
Hmm... There are people running about in the hallway. I wonder if I should offer a seat to someone...
She looked around the empty car. It would be much more fun if someone was there with her, and maybe they'd even be interested in The Quibbler. Making up her mind, she shut the magazine closed, got up, and walked to the door.
"Excuse me everyone! I am the only person in this car. If you'd like, you can come sit here!"
She shouted in a relatively loud voice, so she was sure someone heard her.

Heading towards where he heard shouting, Desmond came to the car to see a short white -haired girl standing before him.
"Hey, is it really cool if I sit here? I've been looking for half an hour."
He was wearing goggles above his head and had a large, stuffy duffel bag slung over his shoulder.

Lena simply nodded and went back into the car. The strange boy followed her in and set down his things.

Last edited by Shana-chan4ever on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:32 pm

(Oh crud. I'm late...)
Life is never easy -73-1
I'm late!

Alice actually raced through the platform, rushing past the mob of people (while apologizing as she pushed through the crowd) in Platform Nine and Three-Quarters. In fact, she's lucky enough to board the train just when the steam engine is about to roll out.

Well... It's only because she had wasted what precious time she had getting to the platform. Hours before, she had a hard time finding the mysterious "Platform Nine and Three-Quarters" that never showed up at the London station. After seeing groups of people "disappearing" into the wall, she had (for the lack of better words) "chickened out" and had waited till the last few minutes before mustering up her courage and ran into said wall...

Now standing at the corridors of the train. She's at a loss. The carriages within her sight are all filled. Maybe she'll venture to the end of the train...?
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Quote : Insanity; is the only way to stay sane in this crazy world~

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Life is never easy Animem11

Marjorie's face fell for a moment, saddened by the fact that Emma didn't seemt to be a muggle born after all. But it didn't matter. At least this witch seemed to enjoy some muggle things since she had muggle gadgets after all.

"It's nice to meet you. My name's Marjorie Beckett. I'm afraid I don't have any charms on my cell phone. I'm not sure where to even begin on putting one on it," she said with a nervous laugh. "My parents are non-magic folk after all."

Life is never easy Aaaaaa11

Xander turned his attention to the door and noticed Alice walking down the corridor. He stood and slid the door open. She looked rather lost.

"There's an empty seat in here," he offered. The other two people sitting inside with him glared, but he didn't care. He was tired of listening to them and preferred some more company.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:53 am

Life is never easy -73-1
She jumped.

She hadn't really expected that. Nevertheless, she accepted it readily, thanking the mysterious dark haired boy. Naturally, she noted how the other two- companions glaring at her (or him?) before she sat. Nervously, she looked around.

It's definitely a lot different from the trains in the ahem- "Muggle World". As she had lived in that world for so long, she will have to go back to her subtle pastime of people watching; noting the difference between Wizards and Muggles in general. So far, they are a lot more... friendlier. She can barely remembered when any ("Muggle") is willing to help her when she needed it. Living in Hogwarts will be a lot more different than in the orphanage.

The question will be: How different?

Ignoring the constant nagging of her "alter ego" urging her to socialize, she pulled out a book. Flipping quickly to a random page, she proceeded to read the mystery novel. At the same time, she glanced at the bookmark, memorizing the words she had written.
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:35 pm

"To be honest, I'm not sure if there's a way to enchant cell phones or not." She frowned thoughtfully. "That's one to text my Aunt Hermione. Well, she's actually a distant..." She counted on her fingers briefly, then gave up. "Well, she married a distant cousin of mine. She was muggle born and the best witch of her school." She quickly messed with her cell phone, sending a text to her favorite relative before setting it down again. "If there's a way, she'll know. And if she doesn't, I can always ask Uncle George. He runs Weasley Wizard Wheezes."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:12 pm

"My name is Jeffory," Jeffory responded with a gentle smile and in a soft tone. He always spoke in a soft tone, and his words were painfully kind. He always was more quiet when compared to his brother. Sometimes, that caused his brother to be more noticed then him, "but it's easier to remember Jeff, so you can call me that. It's not as much syllables."

"Jay," Jayden said in a firm tone, opening up a book that was on law school. He wanted to further his future in the magic world and the real world. He wanted to be a lawyer, because he felt he could easily beat anyone. His cold eyes glanced up at Will, "we aren't friends." He said, referring between Will and he.

"Jay! That's a terrible thing to say," Jeffory responded, looking hurt that his brother would even say that, "I'm so sorry! Please don't listen to him." He quickly added. He hoped this didn't ruin the chance of a friendship.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Life is never easy Animem12

"Oh, your uncle runs the joke shop in Diagon Alley? That's really neat," Marjorie mused. "There were a lot of neat things in that shop, like love potions... Not that I need any of those or anything," she added with a small laugh.

"So, are you excited about being sorted?" she asked.

Life is never easy Aaaaaa12

"What are you reading?" Xander asked Alice, wishing that he had brought some sort of book along on board to kill the time.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:56 pm

"Not really." She gestured to her red hair. "I'm more Weasley than anything else. I'll definitely be in Gryffindor. How about you? You nervous"

"I-I never said we were friends." Will sunk down in his seat. "I... I'm sorry. I'll just... shut up now." Not for the first time he wished he could just disappear. If only he knew a spell for that.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:47 am

Life is never easy -73-1
Suddenly, the muted tone of noises in the Hogwarts Express returned in full force, dragging her back to reality. She looked up, confused.

Did someone said something about a book...?
She quickly looked around again, facing the dark haired boy.

"This? It's a mystery novel... Something about an assumed heart problem that resulted the death of a chef, but not really..." she stopped abruptly, quickly judging the reaction of the boy, before deciding to continue. As she spoke, the bookmark had been slipped into another page subtly.
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Desmond sat still in his seat. He was looking around all over the place with an excited face. He had lived with his muggle father most of his life, so he was eager to see Hogwarts and learn magic. Occasionaly he would get to visit his mother, who would let him ride broomsticks and eat magical candies. It was at her house that he first got interested in Quidditch.
"Isn't it great?"

Lena looked over at the boy.
"Isn't what great?"

"Magic of course! The whole wizarding world in general. Magical creatures, flying broomsticks, all sorts of fun and kooky spells!"
He stopped talking for a moment and looked the girl dead in the eyes. He had a wide grin on his face.
"I'm Desmond, by the way. Who're you?"

She blinked. Her mouth was slightly open.
"Lena"

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Life is never easy Animem13

"Yes. I'm a little nervous. I heard we get sorted by a talking hat," Marjorie stated with a small laugh. "And I also heard it sings. I bet it's interesting, but I don't really take to the idea of a talking and singing hat probing through my mind."

Life is never easy Aaaaaa13

"Sounds interesting," Xander mused. "I was worried you were reading some silly romance novel with a love triangle in it. Those are getting quite overrated. I love mystery novels. Did a Muggle write the one you're reading?"

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Life is never easy -73-1
She laughed.

"I think I do read those romance novels with hints of love triangles-" She stopped, shifting a little and then continued, "Yep, it's a Muggle author. I've recently been hooked on those mystery novels these days."

"Anyway, I'm supposed to introduce myself. I'm Alice..."

kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:46 am

Jeffory instantly felt bad for how his twin had made the other kid feel. So he rose to his feet and moved over to the opposite seat. He then cupped on of hands by his ear and whispered,

"Please don't take what he says to heart," He said in a gentle tone, "I think he just acts that way to appear strong. I promise he's not all that bad."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:51 pm

"Hmm, I never thought of it that way," she said thoughtfully. "But you only have to wear it once, and according to the people I know, he doesn't tell anyone. At least, I don't think he doesn't. So what house do wanna be in?"

Will shrugged, not so sure of that. "So, um... what house do you want to be in? I'm probably going to be in Hufflepuff myself."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Life is never easy Animem14

Marjorie thought for a moment before replying, "Well, probably Hufflepuff. I don't know. I don't think I'm very brave to be in Gryffindor nor am I smart enough to be in Ravenclaw, and I'm definitely not cunning enough for Slytherin. Hufflepuff seems to be the fairly normal and quiet house for the most part."

Life is never easy Aaaaaa14

"My name's Xander," the boy stated. "And I enjoy Muggle books. Most wizard authors tend to write autobiographies about themselves. I'd rather read fiction."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroshikei Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 am

Life is never easy -73-1
"True. I rather read fiction books too. Wait- the majority of the wizard authors write autobiographies?!" She shook her head. "That's just too bad. It will not be that easy to get my hands on a novel or two by a wizard author... Anyway, want a candy?"
kuroshikei
kuroshikei
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:26 pm

"Nice to meet you Lena."
He began looking around the car.

Interrupting the long silence, Lena inquired, "Have you ever heard of a skittish flibble-walker?"

"A what?"

"A skittish flibble-walker. They're little gnat-like things that crawl in your ear and tickle your brain. Then they mess with your nerves and make you nervous. Eventually, your head explodes. They've claimed over thousands of victims."

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:21 pm

"I'm probably gonna be in Gryffindor. Most of my family--the ones I hear from, at least--were in Gryffindor." She grinned mischievously. "Bet you the hat goes, "Not another Weasley!" like it did with my aunt Ginnie."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Life is never easy Animem15

Marjorie smiled. "I hear it bickers when it has to deal with large families. You'd think it'd like dealing with those kinds of families. Its job certainly would be easier. Anyway, have you heard anything about any of the professors?" she asked.

Life is never easy Aaaaaa15

Xander shook his head. "No, thank you. I'm not a big fan of sweets. Also, I hear we have a rather magnificent feast after the sorting is all through and headmaster has spoken."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 pm

"Uh uh," Emma replied, shaking her head. "Most of the ones my aunts and uncles had have retired or were killed in the battle with Moldywart--I mean, Voldemort. Only thing I know is that Defense Against the Dark Arts is a cursed position and everyone who gets that job is unable to teach by the end of the year. Uncle Ron told me they had a guy possessed by Voldemort, a guy who erased his memories on accident, a werewolf--who was awesome according to everyone who knew him--a guy pretending to be the actual Professor, a psycho pink lady from the Ministry who was taken by a giant, and a Potions Professor who got a promotion to Head Master at the end of the year."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next