Down the Rabbit Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: All is Fair in Love and War 2.0

Post by JupiterLightning Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:49 pm

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Chess_knight

"My apologies, Your Majesty," Nathaniel said, bowing once more.

It was definitely not a good thing to get on this brat's bad side, the knight decided. After all, it was too early to do so. When Beatrice came forward with the unicorn hair, he snapped out of his thoughts and looked back at the king.

"One of my men once said they spotted your brother on horseback several weeks ago. Perhaps it isn't a horse, but this unicorn?"

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Danica

"Thank you," Danica said softly, looking down. She couldn't believe that she had been figured out after so long. It had been so easy to hide her secret. That was until...

She gazed up when she heard shouting.

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Madelyn-1

"Danni!" the ghost girl shouted. She floated toward the red-head with her arms spread wide for a hug. However, she went completely through the girl, but that didn't seem to bother her.

"I'm glad you're okay! I was worried those stupid heads would get you!" When Danica didn't reply, Madely frowned.

"Hey, what's wrong? Oh, I get it. Sorry. I wouldn't want to make you look like you're some crazy person. Heh... I'll shut up now."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: All is Fair in Love and War 2.0

Post by Destiny's Gate Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:29 pm

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 800px-Hibiki27s_Magic_characters
"Oh no, it's quite all right. Most of us here can see you, I'm sure." The most minor magical skill was seeing and speaking with the dead. Anyone in camp probably could.

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Unicorn1
Taelin decided to have a bit of a laugh. "See what? I don't see anything. Who you talking to, Regius?" When the rebel leader elbowed him harshly, though for a unicornthat wasn't much of a deterent, he decided to drop it. "Oh, fine. Yes, we can see you. What's your name, Miss Ghost?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:23 am

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Animee10

Lyn had been wandering around the forest she knew so well for the longest time. There was always one thing that always perked her curiosity, which was a magical barrier placed in the forest. Due to the elven blood in her, she could sense it, and bypass it if she wanted to. However, she always considered that it could be dangerous and never tried, but this time she had a different feeling about it. She entered the barrier, to find a camp filled with magical creatures and people. The shock on her face quickly eased. She didn't know the story on how the King took power, or the fact that there was a rebellion. She simply looked up, rather calm,

"I never realized a camp existed behind the barrier."

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Yoite76

Kalani looked at Nathaniel, then Alek,

"Perhaps you're correct. It would make sense. The magical creature loving freak. Beatrice, give the scent to the hounds and send them out. Even if they can't completely find them, at least they can give us a general idea of the area," He responded before looking at Alek, "he's given us a good clue." He seemed to calm down slightly.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:19 pm

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 HaseoAtoli
"Of course, my lord," Beatrice replied before turning on her heel. She headed straight for the hounds and tossed them most of the fine unicorn hairs. She kept a few for herself for her potions and fortune telling. "Find that creature," she told them, weaving an enchantment as she did so. She might not be good at much besides fortune telling or plant magic, but she's practiced vision magic to see through the eyes of other beings. "Find the unicorn, and kill it." She released the hounds.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Quote : A story's birth is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident. The end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a cruel thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:18 pm

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Madelyn-1

"The name's Madelyn," the ghost replied cheerfully. She extended her hand, but when she realized that it wouldn't do much, she let out a small laugh and pulled it back.

"I heard there was some sort of rebellion. I tried to get Danica here to leave her home and seek out the rebels for the last few weeks. She figured she'd be okay, but... it looks like the king's lackeys are smarter than we thought," Madelyn explained.

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Danica

"I don't understand why seeing and speaking with the dead would be an offense, though. It's harmless for the most part. It's all I can do," Danica stated softly, although most of it was half the truth.

She cut her eyes toward Madelyn who had a visible frown on her face before it quickly faded.

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Chess_knight

"Is there anything else left to do for the evening, My Lord?" Nathaniel inquired once the hounds had been released.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:52 am

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 174
"Weeeeell," Sierra said shrewdly, her face shifting into one of great contemplation, "It may be because that was the first ability Regius had when he was growing up. And as you probably know already, Kalani isn't really fond of Regius that much..."

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:50 pm

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Danica13

Danica nodded. She had heard that the king had been on a manhunt for his older brother shortly after taking the throne, but she never really thought much about it until now.

"Yes... but I don't understand. You abdicated. Why would he be angry with you?" she asked Regius.

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:54 pm

"He's afraid," Regius replied. "He's probably afraid of my power or that I'll change my mind."

"Or maybe he's just jealous of your power," Taelin suggested. "That kid's not special at all. He couldn't magic his way out of a sack."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:43 pm

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 44
"Huh?"
Shortly after Danica began speaking, Sierra noticed someone else had entered the barrier. She tiptoed over to where the woman was standing and...
"BOO!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Lyn, however, having lived for such a long time, didn't feel afraid, but showed a slightly surpised face. After realization, she relaxed her face,

"I must admit my surprise," Lyn said in a gentle tone, "but you have much to learn young child." Before she gained a lot of looks of surpise, she answered,

"Don't let my appearance fool you, I'm much older then I appear."

"Dismissed."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 am

Sokra had been listening to Nathaniel and Beatrice's report in the other room. News of their failure was good news for her. As for the unicorn, it's power is no match for hers. Though souls for her ritual tonight excited her, first she needed to tell the king a few things. She would wait until Nathaniel left the room.
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Quote : For my greater good

http://crazyempire.originsandbox.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:43 pm

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Chess_12

Nathaniel bowed and before exiting the room.

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Madely12

"Hey! I saw that lady earlier in the woods!" the ghost exclaimed happily. "Boy, am I glad she found this place."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:51 pm

"Who is she?" Regius whispered quietly to the ghost. "I've never seen her around before." What he was trying to say, in other words, was "can we trust her here?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by JupiterLightning Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:14 pm

All is Fair in Love and War 2.0 - Page 2 Madely13

"I don't know who she is," Madelyn replied. "I was just following her. I think she's an elf or something."

JupiterLightning
Over 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Regius gave the smallest of nods and stepped forward. "You are an elf, I believe? Might I ask for your name, milady?" He was being as polite as possible. It was best not to offend someone who was able to sneak into your enchanted camp undetected.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:45 am

Sokra slowly entered the kings chamber
"So, your favorite pet failed did he? That's no good."
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:40 am

Beatrice, after setting the hounds on the trail, went back to her room to put together another spell. This would bring them out of hiding, she thought. Unicorn hairs were very magical. With these, she could make a spell to block all illusion, which was certainly what they needed in this case.

She made a braided rope of herbs and threaded the unicorn hairs throughout. There, that would do. She stood and started for His Majesty's chambers once more.

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 am

"Actually, I'm a young half-elf, aged at 420. I'm still young until I reach 500," Lyn said with a slight chuckle, "I've been around for quite some time as you can see. I've been around since the next family took the throne. However, I do not agree with the hunt of mystical creatures. For the past few years, I've lived in this forest. For the other years, I've been searching for something. My name is Lady Lyn, and I grew up in the ancient city that rested in the forest. As of now, I'm not even registered as a person living in this province. Forgive my sneaking about. I was worried of what may lie here, but now I know you mean no harm to this forest." Lyn wanted two desires, to protect this forest and find her old friend.

"It was expected, he's only animal. But, giving a hint is not what I expected. Therefore, I'm content with what has happened tonight," Kalani responded, "what do you have to report?"

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am

"I see. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Lyn," Regius replied, feeling more than a little awkward. They had few elves among those in the camp, for their people had either been eradicated already or gone into hiding. Few of the survivors went where they could be seen or communicated with.

Taelin stepped forward. "We would never harm this forest, Lady Lyn," he promised. "We unicorns never lie." He glanced down at Madelyn and Danica. "We're only here because we have nowhere else safe to go. The king here is bent on destroying us all."

Beatrice took a deep breath and knocked at Kalani's door. "Your Majesty," she said with a deep bow. "I've made something you might require." She held out the braided rope of herbs and unicorn hair. "This blocks illusions, Your Highness. Your brother is probably hiding within one."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 am

"You seem uncomfortable. If my presence causes that, I can leave if it eases you. The illusion, won't be penetrated by normal people or monsters," Lyn said, looking up in thought, "I almost missed it myself. I only realized it because I've memorized this forest. Every inch. You have nothing to worry about. Although, I did see a sabortooth laguz hanging around." She said seriously,

"So keep your caution."

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:24 am

"Sorry, it's just that I've never met an elf before," Regius admitted. "I'm afraid I might say something to offend, since I don't know much about you or your people." He bowed politely. "You are welcome to stay here as long as you'd like."

But what she'd said about the laguz worried him. "Do you know if the laguz happened to be in the service of my brother, by any chance?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 am

"What I do know, is that he entered the forest from the nearby civilization. Then collected something off the ground...I'm not sure what for sure, then returned back that way," Lyn responded, "so he may or may not be. Although it is odd enough that he was able to enter the civilization without being captured. I wonder if perhaps the king knows of his human half." She said a hand on her chin.

Gold Chocobo
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:30 am

"Probably not," Taelin scoffed. "He doesn't consider magical creatures more than a beast of burden. If he knew of the laguz's true form, he wouldn't allow it to roam so freely."

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Insectie Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

"The captives are to be scarified tonight," she replied, adding on "Oh by the way, I didn't mean the kitty."
Insectie
Insectie
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny's Gate Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:48 am

Beatrice stopped where she stood. Sacrifices? What on Earth was she talking about? "Your Majesty?"

Destiny's Gate
Destiny's Gate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next